main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I'm actually a fan of both franchises, but I know what you mean. I do feel a bit like someone has got their peanut butter in my chocolate, honestly. :confused:

The Bops likes this.
  2. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    J.J Abrams, if you are reading this... READ THE ENTIRE NJO AND LOTF SERIES NOW!!!!!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Wow, after he turned it down I figured that was that. But as he was one of three directors I have always thought would be good I am happy. I agree he should leave out the lens flare :p But otherwise I'm quite happy with this.

But good lord between this and Star Trek he's not going to sleep for the next 5 years.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  4. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Only good thing about this would be an increased chance of Star Trek going back to Star Trek.

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    There are reasons why Star Trek had to set aside the space exploration side of the franchise, and go for a more audience friendly approach. That reason is called MONEY. Now that people are likely to come see a Star Trek film, they can begin slipping the ideas and concepts ST is known for back in.

It's the same reason why a Jurassic Park and Last of the Mohicans adapted straight from the novel would probably have been the suck.

6. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    he photoshopped lens flares. xD

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    JJ will direct another Star Wars film it seems. He already released his first back in 2009: Star Trek.

9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Cool! I hope it's true...

10. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    It's funny, this news doesn't excite me at all. I have no problem with J.J. Abrams, but it's just not exciting to me.

Now that it's done though, what's the story going to be about? That's what's going to matter.

Episode Swag likes this.
  11. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Whatever the outcome, JJ Abrams knows how to make a fun adventure story in a grand scope and setting. Couldn't be happier with the choice so far.

12. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    and Marion Cotillard said she wasn't Talia Al'Ghul.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, I was pretty sure it was gonna be Vaughan. I feel like I should be eating crow right now. I have no problem with Abrams being the guy, but man what a liar. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The trailer and the previews for the new film tell me otherwise. Seems just as insipid and brain dead as the first one to me.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  15. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    While I'm not really sure yet what I think of J.J. Abrams directing Star Wars, the one thing that makes me happy about is that means there is a really great chance of Michael Giacchino doing the music! Giacchino has done the music for like almost all of J.J. Abram's films and tv series so far: Star Trek, Super 8, Lost Fringe, etc.

Yes John Williams would definitley be my first choice but if he can't do it then I think Michael Giacchino is a very good choice for it. He is really good at creating themes and motifs for characters in a similar way to John William's music.

The_Face likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They clearly courted him until he wore down. It's official. Variety is the main business paper of Hollywood. They only report things they have checked with people's agents and studios.

Edit: Oh and I wish they could get Affleck to direct a second film.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    In your opinion*

Episode Swag likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I agree with all of this.

YoureNotJonesy likes this.
  19. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I think you're all getting a little pissy over nothing.
    Abrams Star Trek was a wonderful film. It took something that was terrible uncool, and made it exceptionally cool.

If he can undo the naffness of the PT, we'll be well on our way to getting Star Wars back on that mighty pedestal it reigned from pre 99.

Moog, YoureNotJonesy, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Plot twist :p

Lando's Little Maneuver I am fine with the decision since I think he's a good director, but he does drop projects for others. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Trek for Wars since that's apparently what he wanted in the first place. His Trek movie is a Star Wars film in disguise.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    He's trying to heal the gap between Trekkies and Star Wars fans. :)

kainee likes this.
  22. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Awesome news. It has an air of truth about it, in that it doesn't seem like the usual bull about the Saga doing the rounds.

I hope it's true.

23. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    As much distain as i have for Ben Affleck -- he could certainly become Jacen in my mind's eye

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

That's classic Abrams. He is a master of diversion and the shell game.

Kiss any hopes of leaks and rumours from the set goodbye.
    :D

Padme501st likes this.
  25. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.