main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Still strange feeling. I go home and rethink my life...

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the lens flares.

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm waiting for confirmation from Hayden Christensen's beard.

Echo-07, Dra---, Krueger and 7 others like this.
  4. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

These are your issues, not Abrams.

I hope he lens flares the hell out of it :)

mulberry likes this.
  5. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I hope this happens to your right hand.

6. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    It's beautiful. :)

7. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Uh, no. Quite a few legitimate sites (all the major ones, in fact) are all confirming it.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    WHOA!!! This is about as unexpected as things can get! I did NOT expect Abrams! I thought he turned it down....? [face_dunno]

That being said, I REALLY hope this is shot 'old-school' like all the other ones. Just the thought of the nausea-inducing lens flares and shaky camera pans makes me [face_sick]. Or maybe that's the smell of the coffee brewing.....?

I've got this weird feeling right now....like I just got tossed into an ice-cold swimming pool...don't know whether to stay in and wait to get used to it, or climb out and find a towel. o_O

Echo-07 and kainee like this.
  9. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Isnt he signed to do 3 Star Trek and he already has another movie signed to him right? I dont think the Star Trek guys would want him tp put a 3rd on hold. He wouldn't beable to get back to star trek until 2015, or 2016, that puts a Star Trek 3rd 3-4 years.

10. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    why do people think there is going to be tons of len flares? I think he is going to ditch them for starwars..sometimes they are unnecessary.

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    krtmd likes this.
  12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Reminds me of the Disney/LucasFilm deal, people were freaking out at first, now it's turned towards excitement. Relax, Abrams changes his style often. The lenses flare was adapted directly towards Star Trek, and not his other films.

Echo-07 and ThatWanFromStewjon like this.
  13. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    Lot of the same sites confirmed stuff back during the TPM days that was NO WHERE near true. Remember the casting of Obi-wan

14. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Not sure how well Abrams style meshes with the previous six... I wonder if he would alter his camera habits to make his film fit in better with the rest of the saga.

Then again, maybe that's the point of his hiring...

15. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Well there you have it.

What else needs to be said?

If anyone says anything to criticize Abrams, then they are disrespecting your mom - and that is not on.

End of story.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Alright...news!!! It's a solid choice. I'm a little weary only if because most of his movies are really slick, shiny and new. But he lets characters have their moments, handles action and humor well, and realistic effects and music. I liked Super 8. I liked what he did with Trek, a good fun movie that allowed the Trek world to actually seem like a universe with a culture and not just a ship. I'm not concerned about lense-flairs...I'm sure he blend the mood to be fitted into the SW universe. I'm hoping he doesn't put his mark on it too much though, like he's doing with...Trek. Trek allows for that, for weird bubble stories to form and deviate...Star Wars doesn't - at least not within this Saga.

Echo-07 and Episode Swag like this.
  17. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    Did you super 8! It had a LOT lol

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  19. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    I love JJ, and I hope he does it, but i just dont like how all the sites get when they are just repeating other sites. WE need official word.

20. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    1) He's actually not a trekkie. He has admitted to not really being into ST growing up. But he has always been a huge SW fan.
    2) He'll follow the story of the script written by Arndt, so blame Arnt if the EU is thrashed. Personally, I don't care what happens to the EU.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I hate being a hater, but it has to be done. Again, do you REALLY think JJ did wonders for Star Trek? No. He took something already DEAD and REBOOTED it. The worst, arrogant, rookie move any filmmaker could do. Star Wars is not dead, it's actually as popular as it ever has been.

Again I think it's just "Lucas Haters", they'll like anything that's NOT Lucas.

Maybe he'll add time travel to Star Wars, and have Vader come back to life or something. Also I think Vader should come out to AC/DCs "Back in Black" instead of the Imperial March.

I really think the "fans" need to sit back and think about these "decisions". Stop with the big grins and saying "I'm excited about this news!", take hard look at what J.J. has done and can you actually see his style of film conforming to a traditional Star Wars film? Or are you just happy that Star Wars is morphing in to JJ's brand and it no longer has Lucas involved??

kainee likes this.
  22. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    So much for Vaughn/Favreau/Fincher being the top three under consideration. Any of whom I would have taken over Abrams. I loved Super 8, but I mean...you don't do Star Trek and Star Wars. That's just greedy.

Bad_Feeling likes this.
  23. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    It's strange how I set my icon to a FRINGE reference this morning... hours before I learned of this.

Synchronicity is fun. :)

Echo-07 and ThatWanFromStewjon like this.
  24. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008

1) That was a joke.
    2) JJ Abrams didn't write Star Trek either but he still got some of the blame for the whole trashing of EU. My point is that I hope he doesn't approach Star Trek the way he approached Star Wars as far as their extended universe is concerned.

25. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    This is awesome. boomx2sjk approves! and isn't my opinion the only one that matters? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.