main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A parallel to Vader in the suit... the White Knight

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ghost, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    No matter what color the suit is, it's pretty evil-looking. I've had enough of the Vader suit, to be honest. I like the white Knight idea though.

kainee likes this.
  2. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    The white knight should have a shield and a cool helmet that shows rhe face. vader's mask showed that his humanity is gone. the white knight has a human face, but a helmet would be cool. perhaps a redesign of samurai armor

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I liked how Vader's suit essentially was an evolution. It didn't just show up one day. It's basically just the Jedi robe outfit, completely in black. The helmet is just a skull hidden under a Jedi hood done in molded armor.

kainee and Episode Swag like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The suit should be all the colors of the rainbow! Yay!

5. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Why bother suiting any character up at all? Vader's armour was the very symbol of fear and opression. I'll bet that by the time of the ST there will still be a lot of raw memories in the galaxy. This kind of thing would not sit well with any newly formed republic or thier respective govenors or senators.

I want to see something new, not Rehash of the Jedi.

kainee likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's a nice piece of work, Ginger. It's boasts a fine likeness of Mark and really puts the image across well.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  7. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    White Knight.....sure
    leia...................sure but I too prefer luke
    Armored............sure
    life support..........no.

Do I think any of it will happen? Prolly not.
    Is it a cool idea? Absolutly, OP should write a short story about it.

8. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Would having Leia in white armor distract from the overall story?

9. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Well said.

10. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Sounds like a pretty ballin' dream you had there! I wish I had dreams like that on a nightly basis lol! Thing is though, awesome dreams lose their awesomeness a few hours after you wake up. Then you realize 90% of the time that they were dumb.

However I really do like the dialogue of Leia here and her being awesome and all. Could see her doing that. However I think that the best way to do this would be to have her dress in white already.

I mean really, Padme was in white while she fought. Leia was in white in ANH also. Now what would be awesome would be her wearing total white robes like the Luke fan art shown here. (Amazing picture btw!) Then maybe if she gets her hands cut off, a couple of synthetic gloved hands like Vader's could be given to her. Except they could be white!

Personally I think Luke should remain garbed in black, it seemed much more in his character to imitate his dad. Let Leia imitate her mom. Would make for some nice black and white imagery!

kainee likes this.
  11. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm sure there is a thread in the saga section or there was but Luke was given a lot of Padme's traits by the time Return of the Jedi came around. Leia and Anakin's personalities mirrored each other in the saga. I think Luke and Leia should remain in the grey. Vader was Black, Padme was white and there came forth a balance in the children.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I may eventually regret saying this but man would this be awesome.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    did Mace Windu having a purple lightsaber in the PT?

14. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    The purple saber for Mace Windu told me that Windu was the toughest jedi. Sidious probably would have killed Kenobi out the window if Kenobi was there. The purple complimented the overall story.

1. The purple lightsaber gave Mace Windu the title of awesome to compensate for the lack of the full potential of Samuel L. Jackson.

2. Killing the only Purple Bladed Jedi Master added credentials to the Sidious Resume.

The purple helped the over all story.

But would a white armor for Leia or Luke or something that reminds you of Vader help the ST?