main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I never miss my shows, in fact my favourite show is on in an hour, The Amazing Race :D

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I was all like, "wuh..." but then I remembered, New Zealand.

I'm just enough of a ditz to not realize my shows are on when I'm already watching TV on another channel.

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    @Barriss_Coffee: Breaking off the tooth was one of the less painful acts of accidental self-mutilation in my life, unlike hitting my foot with a fire axe or banging the car door shut while my head was still between door and frame. The latter not only knocked me out cold for a few seconds, it also earned me a scar across the bridge of my nose. 'Self Destruction' is my middle name.

Unfortunately my son appears to have inherited this trait. One of the more bizarre accidents he had was with a coat hanger as well (split his lip), and he managed to run into a concrete pillar while talking to a girl, quite a bloody affair. Sometimes I call him 'Scarface' ... in an affectionate way, of course. :p

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmm... best I can come up with was sticking one of those fine point inking pens into my hand when I missed the cap. I can't really explain how I managed that one. Other than extreme brainfarts like walking through a sliding glass door. That got me some stitches.

I hope your mouth feels better.

I do that all the time where I watch stuff on one channel and forget about the other stuff. Usually it'll be because of something like How Its Made or How The Universe Works. =b

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ah, about breaking teeth, I managed to break the ends of both of my front teeth a couple of years ago by swimming down too deep in a pool and my mouth hitting the bottom... But I guess I got a bit cheered up later that day when Gordon Ramsey sent me a Tweet saying that I should try a smoothie, lol.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, these force push GIF's are so funny!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark Lord Tarkas, eht13 and Seerow like this.
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    [face_laugh]

The Dude getting hit by the Sheriff's mug still hurts as much to look at as it ever did.

Dark Lord Tarkas, eht13 and Seerow like this.
  9. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    people with gaming pcs, avoid this page.

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Or tablets.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    How does that even happen?

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You mean without gaming PC's?

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Jordan that MIB one is still the best. Though that hipster one made me chuckle.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My tablet loads this page fine. =D

[​IMG]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    What about them?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Why should someone with a gaming PC avoid this page if they can load it the fastest? :p

17. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    It was late at night, the parking lot was unlit, and I was afraid I'd be too late for my date. Well, I opened the passenger door, parked my notebook on the passenger seat and slammed the door shut again. I didn't even know what hit me. At first I thought I had been shot ...
    Since I have difficulties with 3D sight (being nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other) AND am nyctalopic, kind of, I may find it difficult to define my exact position, depending on the situation. This was such a situation :D ... Needless to say I didn't go on that date. When I managed to get up again, I used the shammy to wipe off the blood and drove home.

@Seerow: Thanks, it does feel better indeed :). Especially now that it's Friday!

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  18. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Because then the joke wouldn't be funny.

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That sounds awful! I can't even imagine attempting to explain the situation later on to the date.

20. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Especially as it was a business date and my clothes were ... uh ... less than clean :). The expression on my kid's face was bad enough - he woke up when he heard the car return and came down to open the door. The next day, my (then) boss didn't believe my explanation. I'm afraid he thought my hubby (well-trained in Shotokan karate) had been responsible for my knocked-up nose- I once came to work with a black eye from soccer training, and he didn't believe me then, either.

Going out for dinner with hubby later on. I'm really looking forward to this as it's been a while ...

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Movie Watch 2013:

1. Oz, the Great and powerful
    2. Iron Man 3
    3. The Great Gatsby
    4. Star Trek Into Darkness
    5. Man of Steel
    6. Pacific Rim
    7. City of Bones
    8. Attack of the Clones 3-D
    9. Revenge of the Sith 3-D
    10. The Seventh Son
    11. Ender's Game
    12. Thor" the Dark World
    13. Catching Fire
    14. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    15. Kill Your Darlings
    16. Don Jon's Addiction
    17. Fruitvale
    18. A. C. O. D.

rumblewagon likes this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well today is Australia Day, so you know I'm going to do? See Vampire Weekend, Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Killers, - all American bands - at a music festival. Yay for patriotism!

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nice list, Akash. I'll definitely see AOTC in 3D and I'll probably see Catching Fire and the Desolation of Smaug after I've seen the first movie in those series.

Hi all. The Tar Heel State is officially coated with ice. I'm guessing those of you in the North are digging out of snowdrifts.

I left work two hours early today; not bad for a Friday at all.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Tomorrow I will be off to Yavin for six months, so if anyone's in the area stop by and visit. We've managed to keep the Death Star at bay thus far.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.