main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Did anyone else think that clip looked really cinematic? I wish the show was shown in OAR. :(

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    lol that guard in the clip, he looked and sounds like he didn't even care [face_laugh]

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    He's a Mandalorian guard of Peace!

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I love whenever Randy's away from Maul because it allows him to shine as something other than a lacky. He was such a badass in this scene.

Gonna be tough when [spoiler removed]

- Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes, past episodes may be referenced. -Sx3

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  7. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy i know you love Savage but he needs to come back down to Earth..literally. My suspenders of disbelief are above my ears

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What - again?! Why? We've seen it and seen it and seen it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ^^^ Seriously.

The only thing Filoni enjoys doing more than putting Obi-Wan in a position to get his ass kicked, is putting Ahsoka in a position to save a Jedi Master's life.

Mr. Atom Bomb and Valairy Scot like this.
  10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Too darn true. Only I'd amend your statement to: The only thing Filoni enjoys doing more than having Obi-Wan get his ass kicked is putting Ahsoka in a position to save a Jedi Master's life. (Now, if he was merely putting him in a position "to" get his ass kicked only instead Obi-Wan ends up whupping the other's ass...:D)

11. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    dont forget Dooku holograms!

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I sort of really want a moment in this next episode where some Death Watchers raid a school cafeteria and throw cartons of tea out the windows.

Or over the side of a [space] ship.

14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Filoni more than made up for it with "Revival" in my opinion; Obi-Wan fighting off Savage and Maul simultaneously was incredible. (Literally, it was implausible in the extreme.)

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I thought it was plausible, as Maul's best trick is getting chopped in half and Savage is a horny oaf. I'm not impressed with them.

Valairy Scot and Order66Survivor like this.
  16. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Not really; Opress was ragdolling Obi-Wan and Anakin the first time we saw him and Maul dominated the fight with Obi-Wan in "Revenge" and the first duel in "Revival." Then, outta nowhere, Obi-Wan's like "lol guys the script says I can kick both your asses now."

Talk about an Ass Pull.

17. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    or maybe a juggernaut like savage can't fight with a partner... but anyways the dude's huge. i kinda don't like how he's so easily emasculated so easily/submissive to maul though..

Bo-Katan and Order66Survivor like this.
  18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That should tell you all you need to know about this show's approach.

Despite Obi-Wan spending the previous ten years honing his skills......and Maul spending the previous ten years as an insane spider.

[Filoni]Because he can take it! Kenobi was just playing opossum![/Filoni]

Welcome to TCW.

No, seriously, TCW is an ass pull. The show itself is an ass pull. Ahsoka is an ass pull. Maul is an ass pull.

19. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    That was equally annoying.

20. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    True that. Although I'm cool with Anakin and especially Obi-Wan losing fights; Anakin is a prodigy whereas Obi-Wan is truly nothing special in the grand scheme of things. Power has never been one of the character's prime attributes, unlike Yoda or Palpatine.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage was pretty badass there. I could just feel those guard's "Oh crap moment.' when they saw him. WTF you dudes doing? Forget the vault and run. Very cinematic.

DavidIX likes this.
  22. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Randy's character had such potential but it seems from day 1 they were hellbent on making him nothing more than a lacky for one person or another. I think had they not brought Maul back at all, and allowed Savage to become the big dog harassing everything (obviously it wouldn't work with the current scripts, everything would have to be completely rewritten), the show would have been much better for it. I think everyone will agree a Maul placeholder is still better than Maul himself. TCW would have been able to preserve some of its integrity by relying on storytelling with their own original cast, rather than namedrop for views.

But that's just me. I like Randy, even though what they've done with him is at best disappointing.

And in response to earlier comments in this thread, I'd like to go on the record as saying Randy is not an ass pull. He is a saint. The hero TCW deserves.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Clancy Brown is a better voice actor than Sam Witwer. He should have stayed on BSG.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think Witwer's a good actor but he can only do the one voice. Everything he does sounds like Galen Marek.