main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    SHIELD has commenced filming. Reports are that Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler may be up for the same role in Guardians of the Galaxy (thoguh the role has not been specified)
    . More names up for Star-Lord, however, are Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't really care what the role is; if that rumor is true I hope it goes to Carrey. He can, y'know, act.

Souderwan and Spider-Fan like this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Probably Rocket Raccoon.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    They should have just...not killed off Coulson. That would've made everything easier.

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's not exactly difficult to bring back a SHIELD agent when the phrase "Life Model Decoy" exists. :p

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I want someone with a seriously awesome voice for Groot. I cannot even begin to think of who, but I want it to be ridiculous in its gravitas.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm hoping it's Carrey as well- Sandler can act somewhat in dramas, but he usually has to play things very low key. Otehrwise his voice just sticks out too much as Adam Sandler. Carrey is, far and away, more versatile.

That said, I'd rather Carrey be one of the physical characters instead of just a voice (plus a part of me is hoping they just keep the MVC3 voice for Rocket Raccoon...).

EDIT- More Marvel news from recent days:

-Toby Jones will be back as Zola in CA2
    -Looks like some action will be taking place outside Graumann's Chinese Theater n IM3.
    -Re: Days of Future Past, Jackman commented "You wouldn't have enough room on the page after you've listed them all. ‘Every other actor who's ever put on a superhero uniform will be in it. There's an element of time travel and, naturally, it will be action-packed"

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also new today: images of the Sideshow busts for both War Machine and the Mark LXII, which is our first indication that War Machine will not be sporting the Iron Patriot look for the entire movie (plus it has the 002 designation on it's arm...). I think it's also the first confirmation of the rumored Mark designation for the new suit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, if this is War Machine 002, maybe this explains how the Mark II could still be in the Hall of Armor (if Stark de-Hammer'd it).

I would venture that the Iron Patriot is War Machine 001 (and the Mark II Hammer conversion is just a prototype or 000) but the Iron Patriot has the same FF number on it's shoulder as War Machine in that pic, so I'm assuming that means they are in fact, the same set of armor repainted.

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Mark XLII???

Haven't we jumped ahead just a tad?

Whatever happened to Marks 8 through 41?

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Tony threw himself into his work after Avengers. Just making suit after suit.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    From leaked reports, you can expect to see Marks 8 through 41 (or, at least most of them) in action during the film.

Supposedly, they'll be acting remotely under Tony's control, making it more difficult for Mandarin's forces to target him during an action sequence.

Still, I will kinda miss the gradual, but steady, progression in Mark #'s.

I think they should have simply made them all Mark IX's (or Mark X's) and just had them be a member of that Mark's line (ie: Mark IX.01, Mark IX.02, etc).

Unless the film shows Tony really HAS been that busy since Avengers...

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess having John Rhys-Davies do that VO would be too much in this case, wouldn't it? :p

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It should be pretty simple. They just need like 5 or 6 different takes of "I am Groot!" and they're done.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, I prefer that
    the Mark designation represent a new design, not just another physical suit.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    COME BACK TOOO MEEEEEEEEEE

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    But XLII is such a nerdy number...

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, I want more than anything to hear Groot say "hmmm... bad dates".

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Eh. I was hoping for either Andy Serkis or Tom Kenny to be Rocket Raccoon.

Not a fan of Jim Carrey's goofy overacting or Adam Sandler's...goofy Adam Sandler-ness, and since the character is going to be CGI anyway, putting them in is just stunt casting on the same level as having Hugo Weaving voice Megatron.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    If it's Carrey, I certainly hope they CG Rocket talking out of his butt to Thanos...

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have Dr Starnge's hair so I should play him in a film. So it is written. A million up front, percentage of profits. That'll do it.

21. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey speaking of War Machine, what was up with that scene in IM2 where Hammer was showing off all those weapons to Rhodes and saying how he'd upgrade his suit? Most of those weapons look like ordinary infantry weapons we see today, so why were they acting like they were particularly special?

22. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well does that suit have any weapons to begin with? It was Tony's prototype, I thought it just had the repulser rays.

23. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well the repulsors are pretty good on their own aren't they? Surely better than that minigun that was installed on the shoulder.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    That's what I don't like about War Machine. If you have the repulsors why bother with gun attachments?

25. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

Yo, when's Deathlok going to get his own movie, huh?