main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
  2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Are those TOR credits or imaginary ones that can't be used to buy even video game goods?

3. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    JJ Abrams is fine with me, more than fine even...

...but part of me is still thinking "kids are you sure you didn't just read "ST directed by Abrams" somewhere and drew the wrong conclusions?"

4. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I'd like to propose episode VI.5: "Malakili's Revenge," or, "Malakili in the Middle."

[​IMG]

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    IV.5? You mean VI.5?

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i really liked Super 8, but i can understand feling underwhlemed about the ending. Lost was good for the first 4 years. Fringe is really good. Abrams does have some successes

7. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    Yes, my mistake! lol. Fixed.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Lost was good the entire time, except some Season 3 plot lines... The reason Seasons 5 and 6 don't get as much love is there are less questions and more answers. You are opening the mystery boxes not discovering more unopened ones

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Hey, one thing is if we get to keep our EU we get to rub it in ST fans faces now.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    If we get to keep our EU we get to rub it in every SW fan's faces not just the ST fan...

11. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm also hoping for a female main protagonist for the ST - I'm so tired of the insistence that SW is "a boy thing". I'd love to rub that in a bit...

12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Then pull for the ST to star Jaina Solo-Fel and Ben Skywalker.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Absolutely, I am tired of hearing the Female Lead, let Ben and Jaina be the ObiWan/Anakin of the Sequel Trilogy... Make the woman character as strong and fierce if not more so than the male. Jaina is the Sword of the Jedi, Ben can be the Shield, and make Jaina think twice

Jedi_Glover likes this.
  14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'd love that myself. I'm a big post-ROTJ EU fan. Despite some issues with the story lines, I love the characters and have been attached to them for years.

Jedi_Glover and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    LOST... I don't know. I enjoyed watching it, I suppose, but I wonder how much of my interest would survive a second viewing. I liked the character development and the piece-wise introduction of their backstories (that was my favorite part once I got over the fact that it wasn't gonna be a realistic Gilligan's Island) but I also thought there was a LOT of artificial drama introduced and I resented how manipulative that was.

Yeah but anybody who still thinks that is just not paying attention. You'd think the executives in charge who make those kind of statements would know their audience better -- it's pretty incompetent to not realize that failing to take account for a large female audience is hurting their bottom line.

krtmd likes this.
  16. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Lost was good the entire time, except for when it sucked. :_|

Doesn't Star Wars already have enough hacks writing for it? :p

Grey1 and fett 4 like this.
  17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The best way to watch it a second time is with someone who has never seen it before. They ask you question like "What is in the jungle?" "What is the Dharma Initiative?" And if you withhold the information, they get mad watch more and you sit there smuggly like HA! I know what happens and you don't and I am not going to spoil it for you

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Nikki and Paulo... Ugh...
    Jack's Tattoo Flash Back? Ugh...

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, that's essentially how I watched it. A friend watched it with me (her second time) and essentially subjected me to a marathon treatment, doing like 7 to 11 episodes at a time. My head was spinning at the end of all of it. :p

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Pretty much all I did in college to all 3 of my room mates, my neighbor (who is now my wife) I have LOST, Indy, and Star Wars to thank for that too. :D

21. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Yeah but then when they find out a frozen pirate wheel and a ghost with mommy issues were behind a nonsensical time travel plot to maybe destroy the world, they'll wish you'd just gone ahead and spoiled it. :p

fett 4 likes this.
  22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    It is ok, don't like time travel just look at Sawyer with his shirt off

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Now is a perfect time to plug my dream casting...
    [​IMG]
    Holloway as the scoundrel Sawyer
    [​IMG]
    Corran Horn...

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  24. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    I used to be that other guy. Also I started watching at the beginning of season 5, making things extra confusing 8-}
    But I'm still pestering my friends for a rewatching marathon...

25. Zane the Reaper

Nov 5, 2012
    Sheeeit, I wouldn't mind that one bit. Though the silly pic I posted earlier in the Ep VII and Sawyer's attitude in LOST makes me think he'd be an excellent Han. Not afraid to say it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.