main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    No, I read every word of it, but I still don't understand what Ahsoka has to do with why Disney bought Star Wars, and why they'll have a male main protagonist and market it to 7 to 13-year-old boys.

It seemed like you were making a point with her on something that I wasn't aware was under dispute.

It's Darth Vader. He's evil. Although there was still good in him. :cool:

You know there's very good reasons for this, right. 1) She's the most action-oriented main female character in the history of Star Wars. She's not a princess or queen or senator, she's a Jedi (or Padawan or whatever). And 2) she's on TV every week, therefore she's had more exposure (screen time-wise) than all of the other main female characters in Star Wars combined.

And not to say that this diminishes her as a character in any way, just stating the facts.

And again, that's my point. Disney makes a fortune off of their princess stuff. Not so much though when it comes to the boys market, nowhere near that, in fact. And that's why they bought Marvel and Star Wars. And that's why they're going to market Star Wars to boys. So they'll continue to make a ton with girls stuff, and hope to start raking it in with boys stuff, too.

And again, that's why they bought Marvel and Star Wars. They didn't really have anything other than Pirate movies every few years, now they're going to have something probably every year, and multiple times every year.

Since you understand all of this, what are we debating about?

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Exactly my point. Star Wars hasn't always been successful (on film or in merchandising) because of a strong, marketable male lead. There's a reason why Luke and Han are still selling as strong as Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui-Gon. Because characters from 30+ years ago are still more toy friendly than little Ani.

Which is exactly what a female Skywalker/Solo main character would probably be...

And if their goal with Star Wars or Marvel is to repeat that Princess model, then they will not succeed. In the year of The Avengers giant box office, something is rotten in the merch world: http://investor.hasbro.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=735777

3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    This is pure fantasy but for major EU characters to appear this would be my wishlist of actors:

Mara Jade - Jessica Chastain

Jaina Solo - Jennifer Lawrence

Jacen Solo - Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Again, its highly unlikely that any of these folks would get chosen, given the nature of each fresh Star Wars trilogy to draw from a pool of lesser known actors, and maybe keep one well known person (such as Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing in the originals / Sam Jackson and Liam Neeson in the prequels).

4. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Okay, fair enough. I wasn't aware the popularity of Episode I Anakin Skywalker Star Wars figures was in question, but fair enough. You get no argument out of me on this point.

Vader is still as popular as ever though (Sideshow is even making a new life-sized statue; I don't think it looks that great, but they're making one and it'll no doubt cost thousands), but I'll conceded to you on the popularity of Episode I Anakin Skywalker.

Okay. I agree. I wasn't aware this was up for debate either, but I agree with you on this. And I hope there is a Jacen and Jaina Solo in Episode VII (no EU stuff, of course, just the characters in name).

Hey, I am not one to defend The Avengers in any way. I think the whole thing was just a fluke, and I think The Avengers will mark the high point of superhero movies and it's all down hill from here.

Long live science fiction, long live Star Wars.

And I hope Disney dumps Hasbro and moves Star Wars to Mattel, but I digress...

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Okay, now we're in a fight. I mean it, put 'em up!

6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Also, and this could be a real possibility...

Ben Skywalker - Emile Hirsch

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I will say that will be the type of actor they will probably be going for. Someone a bit "under the radar."

8. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Excellent actor, but Speed Racer mighta broken him of wanting to be involved in projects like this.

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Evan Peters fits in that Emile Hirsch type of actor bubble vacated by Lukas Haas.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Recently it's been reported that Abrams chose Bradley Cooper to star as Lance Armstrong in Abrams's upcoming movie biography about the athlete, which has recently been shot down as false. However, it's been reported that Bradley Cooper defiantly has met with Abrams regarding some sort of upcoming film, though it was assumed with some level of certainty that it was for the Lance Armstrong flick.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...mstrong-jj-abrams-actor-biopic_n_2561968.html

This coming up on the heals for Abrams being announced as director for Episode VII.

Odds are, we're not going to get any sort of major news for a month or so. Don't feel like digging through 10 pages or so to find the actors thread, so feel free to merge if necessary. Doubt it's true anyways, but honestly since Abrams got announced I bet you anything we're not getting any news until like May, or any good rumors for that matter.

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  12. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Bradley Cooper? Star Wars? Ehm no.

I mean he is a nice Guy and all that, but definatly not that kind of Actor i want to see in VII.

13. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    A couple years ago Bradley Cooper would have been considered more of a comic actor than a serious one, with his major roles in movies such as the Hangovers and The A-Team. However with his performances in films such as Limitless, The Words and Silver Linings Playbook I would absolutely no problem with him in any of the new movies. However I would be surprised if it would happen. It is my hope and my feeling that Abrams and Kennedy will go with more lesser known actors, outside of the big 3.

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt. No other articles say this.

LawJedi likes this.
  15. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    He's an actor that is growing into a great actor. He has been very good in his more serious roles recently. I'd be happy with this, as he is very good at showing both a calm and maniacal side. Perfect for a possible jedi/sith.

16. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    All l i know is Arndt can write the hell out of ensemble cast. if Cooper is in it, he'll be cast in such in a way as to play to his strengths as an actor. whoever they pick it will be well thought out and appropriate.

Darth Chiznuk , Echo-07 and Dra--- like this.
  17. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The guy in that video was really annoying... I hope he's not the OP.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well I hope not ....he doesn't conform to any character I could see him as ..........

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it's going to be a few more months before we get any casting news. Before that happens everyone will say they want in or will have rumored to be in it

HankSolo and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like Cooper, he's really funny in The Hangover and freakin' amazing in Silver Linings Playbook. Smuggler / scoundrel type? Or, hell, go all out as a Sith Lord or something, guy's got range.

21. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Like the annoying tool in the video said, "That's a f#<king rumor".

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Cooper is one of those actors who can be serious or comedic, he's also a great actor.

Silver Linings Playbook is a totally different movie from The Hangover. He's really well rounded I would say.

23. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    he's a great actor....but I don't see him in Star Wars...his name is so big at the moment, he'd probably want the credits to roll BEFORE the Crawl

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I think the credits should roll before the crawl, but that's a topic for another thread.

I'm kidding, but honestly I could see Cooper playing a wide range of characters.

25. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    This is good news if it turns out to be true, I could see him as a smuggler/scoundrel type probably because of his roles in Wedding Crashers, The A-Team, and The Hangovers. He could also pull off a Jedi or Sith but I see him more as a Jedi for some reason.

Lord Optimus likes this.