main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -RebelScum-, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Did Garlan win? Also, what is "r/asoiaf?" I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    It's a subreddit over on Reddit. The Hound won, actually. Here's the final bracket:

[​IMG]

How it worked was that posters would submit short stories that pitted these characters against each other in a duel to the death. The community would vote on which story was the best, and whichever character won in that story got to move on to the next round. Here's a link to the hub, which has links to all of the matches: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/yhrgv/2012_asoiaf_tournament_central_hub/

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What? Lame. Who decided that a common thug and murderer could defeat Garlan the Gallant?

4. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
  5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Got The Lands of Ice and Fire; completely awesome! The King's Landing map is my favourite , for sure.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I like the one with the Free Cities; mostly because the tiny little map pictures of them vaguely resemble what the cities are meant to look like, and help me try and visualize what they really ought to look like. The Braavos map is pretty amazing, and gets my imagination watering (if I may mix metaphors) over what Volantis would look like if visualized like that.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    RC-1991 and Point Given like this.
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Arianne! She's definitely becoming more interesting since her father put her in her place.

Also, it looks like we know what happened to Aurane Waters when he sailed off with Cersei's fleet

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Well, to be fair, that's exactly what he said he would do.

10. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Hehe, Lord Waters. Also, I was wrong on #eu last night- this is a wholly new chapter, completely different from the Arianne chapter that Martin has read at conventions.

Also, love how it foreshadows that Dany and Aegon are going to war against each other.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't read the excerpt, and I don't think I'm going to do that, I don't mind finding out spoilers about the released chapters though. So far none of the chapters have been about characters I really care about though, and I'm a bit worried that Arianne is getting a lot of pages, since I personally think that Dorne is pretty boring, if they lead to Dany finally reaching Westeros then I would be happy though.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, sometimes Arianne drags. The good news is that with Arianne's first chapter, she's leaving Dorne, and with her second chapter (the one that Martin read aloud at a convention), she's already meeting with the Golden Company and Storm's End has just fallen. So by her third chapter she should be chatting with the newest Blackfyre pretender himself. Also, apparently there's been sightings of (non-metaphorical for Greyjoys) Krakens off of the stepstones, which is sweet.

13. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't like reading excerpts because I become too excited for what's going on and then have to wait too long to find out.

Obi Anne, I find Dorne boring too. And because of that, my mind has wandered with those chapters. I forgot who Arianne was.

14. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    i've got my ice i've got my fire!
    i have that which i desire!
    of my love i will ne'er tire!
    till he burns on a fun'ral pyre!

how's that?

wait, what is this about in here?

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    First season 3 photos, including first glimpses of the Reeds and the revelation of Talisa's last name (which most of us probably guessed already).

GenAntilles and Point Given like this.
  16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Blackfish looks awesome! But no pics of Edmure? I know we saw him in the video preview for this season, when he's firing the flaming arrow at Hoster'sfuneral boat, but it would be nice to see a close up.

17. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    He probably screwed up his closeup, like everything else he does.

JackG, RC-1991 and tom like this.
  18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Hey, his surrender of Riverrun (allowing the Blackfish and possibly Jeyne to escape) was pretty brilliant.

19. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    And if that idiot Robb had actually told him his plan then it would've worked brilliantly. 'Oh sorry I smashed your enemies too hard'.

Point Given likes this.
  20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but man, what character isn't some sort of tragic dumbass?

21. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    god jojen is jacked-up scary lookin

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That actor always is. I don't remember what else I've seen him in, but he's memorable.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've only seen him in Love Actually, and there he's definitely not scary.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  24. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I'm finishing up book 2. Can't wait to start on book three! I read some spoilers on Wikipedia which I regret. Can't wait to see what happens next!

M.

25. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    agreed, guy

oh ****, he was that cute little kid? damn he got ugly