main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation WIll we ever see the Lars Homstead on Tatooine again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bosskkkk, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    I don't reckon we ever will...:(

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I don't know that I 'd want to. It's a big galaxy and there's only so much nostalgia that is justified. If we get the Big Three and the Falcon then that goes a long way in itself. I'm not opposed to it but the question of "how much is too much?" is a valid one.

Padme501st likes this.
  3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I doubt it. Besides being torched over where would it fit into the story?

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Depending on the needs of the script, soooo... Maybe yes? Maybe not? I don't get this kind of "will we see [random element]" threads.

Rawne, Bobatron, DarthRelaxus and 2 others like this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Don't think so...the only way I could imagine it working is if Luke needs to visit there for some reason-but why would he, so many (presumed) decades later?

I bet we will see Tattooine however, sometime between VII-IX.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I think it's just something to talk about to fill time, since we have no OTHER news to chew on..

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Are you kidding...? Have you seen these films... If there is a bright center to the galaxy, Tattooine is the planet that is furthest from it.

8. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    No, I hope they don't use Tatooine.

Coruscant I want to see. Yavin 4, if they do some sort of Jedi Academy story, I want to see. Tatooine... no, I don't want to see that anymore.

9. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I could imagine some "remake" of the deleted ROTJ Scene, when Luke put his new Saber together. Just with the new Hero in it instead of Luke.

Maybe Luke is gone or not aviable anymore... what ever. So that the new one is forced to put him or herself in charge. But first of all, there is a new Lightsaber in the needs. So he/her went to old Obi Wans Home.

10. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd rather see other planets than Tattooine as well. But seeing as how it's sort of the "unofficial headquarters" of the saga, I would think it logical we would see it at some point throughout VII-IX...

We haven't seen MORE of it than Coruscant, that's for sure. If there's any planet they should tone it down on, Id say Coruscant.

11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think we will. There was a rumor floating around after D-Day that Disney contacted the group that restored the original Lars farm set in Tunisia about purchasing said set.

12. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Only when Beru and Owen rise from the dead to stalk the universe, looking for those damned stolen droids!

"There'll be hell to pay!"

BigAl6ft6 and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    It's dead son. Deal with it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    They group wasn't contacted (they don't own it). They just heard that Disney was interested in purchasing some land in Tunisia, and the only land they could possibly be interested is the land where the homestead set is located and most likely the hotel that was used for the interiors.

15. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Ah, thanks for clarifying that. It was just a bit I read shortly after the D-Day announcement, so I couldn't recall all the details. Still intriguing though.

16. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't think there is a need. Tatooine was a central location in both Anakin and Luke's life... but it's not at all important anymore.

Maybe Tatooine gets a cameo or two...or at least a mention, but no central events will take place there is my guess.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I think you're probably right since its an outer rim world.

Still, I'd like to see a sequence where Luke and his padawns save Mos Insert name here colony from a raging Krayt Dragon. Would be epic.

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Which sound would be the actual cry of the Krayt Dragon? GL had it changed in every version released... theaterical, special edition, dvd, blu ray... he couldn't settle on one idea for Ben's supposed Krayt Dragon call to scare away the Sand People.

19. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Why do we need the Lars Homstead? it's time to take the series in a different direction. Please no more homages to the originals. I hope JJ just reboots the whole thing and takes it to the next level.

20. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Tatooine is central to the Skywalker family. As the new movie is rumored to center around a female Skywalker, Tatooine will have a place in the new trilogy.

TheManFromMortis and Echo-07 like this.
  21. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    The son of Luke tracing his heritage, yes, it would be nice to re-visit tatooine, maybe he goes there, eveyone looks down onhim and he wonders why, as Luke kept the history of Anakin secret from him.

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It probably burnt entirely down, I doubt it.

23. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
  24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm not as up the the real estate laws on Tatooine as used to be, but my guess is that because the owners were murdered, Luke split, and it wasn't a great neighborhood to begin with, the Lars homestead is probably not the Lars homestead anymore. I'm sure a nice family of Jawas or refugees from Mos Eisley are living there now.

TreborSabreon and Echo-07 like this.
  25. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    i say 100% it will be somewhere in one of the 3 movies.... if the skywalkers are central to these movies which most believe will be the case, someone at some point is going to be at the homestead

DARTH_BELO and Echo-07 like this.