main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    4 including Revival.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No, I'm not keeping the EU which TCW doesn't acknowledge in mind. Your EU is dead. Your Mandalore and your Mandalorians are dead. Accept it.

******* Fandalorians.

3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    3 but really 4 because of Revival.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

I need an Asajj, because I'm about to go in Tusken slaughter mode.

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    What the heck happened to Black Sun and the Pykes? They just seemed to vanish halfway through the episode.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The 22-minute runtime, coupled with the TCW crew's love of shiny red balls. :p

Order66Survivor likes this.
  7. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Speaking of the black sun... I don't think they really did anything this episode did they? I do remember seeing A few of the Pykes near the beginning of the episode though, but your right. It's like they were just completely left out near the end of the episode.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Didnt they just imprison them ?

V-2 likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    yes they did [face_laugh]

V-2 likes this.
  10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

11. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    I remember them imprisoning the duchess and other Mandalorian leaders. I don't remember them being put in those cells. The last time we see them is when Visla is showing them to the people of Mandalore to gloat. I guess they could have been imprisoned then freed after the Maul and Visla fight, but then that doesn't explain why we don't really see them later one when Maul is sitting on the throne.

12. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I'm not done with the episode but this merits an immediate comment.

I watched ANH last night in bed so young Luke's squeaky lines are fresh in my memory.

The Death Watch member had the AUDACITY to say "I'm here to rescue you" to the Mandalorian soldier.

Ew! No.

fistofan1 likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    so Luke stole that quote :p

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    These people follow Satine!

You know, the Duchess of Mandalore who was so deluded and foolish that every one of her advisors saw the folly of her ways and betrayed her.

Viszla, Merrick, even Almec.

I think that the people of Mandalore were portrayed very well. They are people who accepted a idealistic woman like Satine as their leader, and quite frankly, they get what they deserve in the form of their new rulers.

All pacifists are not like that, I agree. But the New Mandalorians are.

Order66Survivor and Seerow like this.
  15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003

I told you this would happen. That is arc was just full of fandom and stuff, no real substance, just eye candy. Thats why I enjoyed more the 4 arc droid series. It was natural, with the story, the flow of the animation, the driods and the music. Don't get me wrong I love all the action stuff, but this time the action, Maul and all that jazz does not really jack me up. In fact, to me this year the weakest arc of them all to me is the Maul arc. Revival was not that great for me, Eminience was decent, and this one reminded me why I started liking other animated series like the 52 episode run of Avengers: Earth Mighiest Heroes. I'll be happy when this arc finally goes away. I'm tired of Maul, Savage, Death Watch and Mandalore. I want to get back to the clone wars stories that shape the war. More droids and clones, jedi in the battles field, and character stories that flesh the motivations of both the republic and the separatists. Not this come back to life, and let me be a mini Darth Sidious stuff.

On a side note: I hate when Grevious acts like a coward. The only time he really looked menacing was in the clone wars micro series and the LOE novel. Maybe a bit in the ROTS novel. But the rest, he looks like a wasted technologival baffoon.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was a good episode.

Pre Viszla and Almec were the best part. This episode really made me love Pre once more... The Duel with Pre Viszla was amazing and finally TCW do a duel longer than 20 seconds. I know Filoni says these duels in this arc are amazing, but how can previous duels be amazing if those older duels are short as ****. It is all manipulation.

And Almec was really fun to watch and hear again. Julian Holloway did a wonderful job.

The animation was gorgeous... man, that glass-breaking was stunning! Such eye candy.

The negatives...

I find Pre screaming that he will kill Maul (when Maul is 3 meters away) quite silly and dumb.

The criminals were fun and silly, but it only made me wonder WHY can not TCW bring back the other leaders I really love.
    The criminals all sounded really corny...
    When they were captured I was hoping Pre to execute the lazy fan service characters.
    They should have. It would have made my day if Savage's head rolled on the floor.

Savage Opress is now IMO the worst SW character ever - beating Jar Jar by a mile.

Maul was annoying as hell. Really despise when something is forced in my face and trying to hard to be badass (WHEN IT IS NOT).
    Every time I saw blasters to Maul's head I said "SHOOT HIM"... this is the dumbest part of the arc. WHY not just kill Maul if you do not need him.
    This arc does not know where it is going. It never did!
    Each shot of Maul's face of "rage" made me either want to laugh or vomit - so stupid.

Good episode, but mainly cause of Pre Vizsla, Almec, Bo Katan and the animation.
    Savage and Maul really ruins this episode for me.

6,5 out of 10. A little better than the previous episode.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry 3 ot 10. This arc doesn't cut it for me. I knew that I wouldn't it, can't wait till this Maul crap is over. The funny thing is that many of you want to watch the big duel coming up, but, I just don't care for it. This arc for me is a waste of episodes for season 5.

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    +Animation was brilliant as usual
    +Savage was awesome here
    +Poor, poor, poor Satine, I feel really bad for her right now
    +Bo-Katan
    +Satine's and Almec's conversation
    +The betrayal angles were pulled off nicely
    +Darth Maul is brilliant here
    +Shards of glass falling down as Maul/Savage escape
    +Almec, slimy as he is, is used well
    +Maul's smile is creepy
    +Maul versus Vizsla, HOLY ****, that was AWESOME!
    +Bo-Katan owns the Mauldalorians there

-The people of Mandalore are ******* stupid

9/10. On to next week!!!

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    While far from perfect, the show needs more arcs like this to generate discussion. It's boring when everyone agrees "that was great" or "that sucked". We need more controversial episodes that divide the community. That's why Mauldalore is fantastic.

20. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Best rant of the thread pure gold hahaha..

21. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    That... just shocked me quite A bit. How can you NOT want to see Sidious fight his former apprentice?!

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh let's not start this again

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is why this arc sucks. There is no need for such arcs. There is need for good stories that are nothing like this.
    Stories that make us talk like Young Jedi - people were split when that was airing.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    But Satine and the New Mandalorians are the caricatured "pacifists" in the show, and many viewers probably would not consider the idea that many pacifists are really not idealistic spineless derps. Which is why it's ****ing stupid, and an insult to pacifists, to portray them that way.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Young Jedi doesn't attract views on the same scale as Maul. It gets more people actively interested.