main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor North Kent quarry earmarked for Star Wars movie location

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DANNASUK, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree that it seems unlikely that Daniels would be in Kent for anything related to Star Wars, however I disagree that filming will start in 2014 -- that's not enough time. Filming will begin in 2013. There will be NO push-backs, Disney can't afford it, besides everything is moving along nicely, according to schedule.

This line is intriguing because it suggests real info. Like, why swould the reporter know what the location is being scouted for unless it was mentioned to the real estate team that showed the scouts the place to begin with?

This is sfun, even if it turns out to be a complete waste of time!

DanielUK, please keep us updated. I'll probably read anything you post even if it doesn't pan out!
    :p

Darth Chiznuk and Graphic like this.
  2. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Did I miss something? What exactly were you talking about?

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yeah. What is this about?

4. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Maybe Abrams start to run the Rumormill right now...

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Okay, I'm intrigued! After the dearth of news for the past weeks this is sooooo refreshing even if it turns out to be bogus. At least it gives us something to talk about. As for the location, I agree it does look Yavin-ish but it obviously could be anything. I also like Zuckuss' suggestion of a chase through that quarry! Very cool!

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    I can buy the idea that it could be being scouted out and perhaps even secured (however that works) for shooting, but the notion that someone would know exactly "what" type of scene(s) would be shot there is a bit ridiculous. But like others have said, the fun is just beginning. :)

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I'm not really for the EU at all, but I like the idea of these locals. I'm really hoping we get a deeper more spiritual journey/story here. And I'd like to see the ruins of Vader's Castle, or other sith and jedi temples. Both these locals are...well...at least real world locals and not just wholly cg creations. So that's already a plus.

8. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't care at all for the idea of Vader's Castle simply because it makes no sense and isn't derivitive of the six movies.

Tython on the other hand, the birthplace of the ancient Jedi Order is a perfectly GREAT idea to introduce and would set up any potential Old Republic era series.

9. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Tython would make sense... but it could be a completely new world too... we just don't know. The fact they're location scouting is very good news though, less blue screen to if the choices tell us much of anything.

I had a random thought, what if it's Concordia... I mean a quarry?

10. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    A lot of films using Scottish locations just now. Harry Potter, Dark Knight Rises, Cloud Atlas, World War Z, Fast and Furious 6 etc

11. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    I think I need to read more EU so I can keep up with these discussions. ^:)^

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Reading this just made be think, "A battle between who!!!" This is one of the most intriguing questions I have for the new trilogy. What is the war about? Who are the opposing sides? Who are good guys and who are the bad guys? I love speculating about it and can't wait to see what they come up with!!!

13. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    It's amazing what one little tidbit of rumored "info" can do! It's a spark on a huge pile of dry kindling. :p

Graphic and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yep! Let the rumors flow freely!

Echo-07 likes this.
  15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Vader's castle was earmarked for TESB. They did concept art and everything:

[​IMG]

Sort of an office building from hell vibe, I guess :p

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Between everyone! We're looking at Han and the Falcon's graveyard! We're looking at Luke and his fledgling order's first stand against evil! We're looking at the place where we finally get a low altitude X-Wing dogfight! The possibilities are endless!

Of course, I still hope for Tython. =)

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I know that it existed in concept but never made it into the story. Now, inserting it would seem forced and odd.

Episode Swag likes this.
  18. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I like the couple on the bench, just chilling next Vader. What, you don't see it, guys?:p

Anyhoo, I guess Vader just can't get enough of lava planets, they must bring back sweet memories.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Why? It's not like half the planets in the OT and PT weren't nixed ideas from the rough drafts of ANH.

Graphic and LawJedi like this.
  20. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Sort of like a young Greedo palling around with Anakin.

21. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    What if its for a funeral scene

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

22. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah, but they were fresh and new, not attached to any existing part of the myth. To suddenly have Vader with a castle doesn't work IMO because it's never been set-up, just pops-out of nowhere. Watching the OT you get the feeling that he lives on the Star Destroyers . . .

LunarMoth and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

Wow. I'm pretty familiar with most of the artwork and concept art that's out there but I've never seen this one. It's not everyday you come across Star Wars art that you've never seen before. lol Reminds me of the Emperor's Throne room concept that was buried deep in Coruscant, in the middle of lava lake temple.

darthhelinith and DarthBoba like this.
  24. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I wonder why can't Vader have a nice beach house in Phuket or Hawaii?:D Seriously, if they did have scenes for Vader in his house. Will we see him without the helmet and suit on and maybe in his tees and shorts playing the Xbox or tinkering with something?

Anyhoo. I wonder if they will use New Zealand as well. Never been there, only saw the country from LOTR!

Episode Swag and DarthBoba like this.
  25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I instantly thought Yavin when I saw the quarry picture, especially from a distance with those rock faces. As for Vader's castle, that could turn out to be interesting...as long as they don't bring back the Dark Lord himself.

Still, I have to admit I am skeptical of this news, especially since the article refers to David Prowse as "Keith" Prowse.