main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Probably until tomorrow morning. :p They never last long around here.

It's all well and good at this point, my son has a swim meet at 1 p.m. and I'd rather the roads not be dangerous.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A swim meet in the middle of the freezing weather?

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Indoor pool. Do you have those in LA? :p

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    That wasn't the point. :p Is the water heated a bit at least, given the weather? Who wants to swim, even at an indoor pool, when the weather is that cold?

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, it's heated. In fact, my son swims year-round and winter swim season is definitely interesting. I'll go out tomorrow wearing a T-shirt, a hoodie and maybe a coat over that. Once inside the pool I'll remove the hoodie and hang out there for several hours in a T-shirt and jeans--because it will be at least 80 degrees in the pool area but 30 degrees outside.

I've heard tales of swimmers' hair freezing between the pool and the car; my son wears a buzz cut so we haven't had that issue.

OTOH--summer swim season. Meets are at the ass-crack of dawn because they hold them in outdoor pools and want to get them going before it gets too hot.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Ahhhhhh. Well, your son is able to do something that I can't do... despite growing up out here in SoCal (where just about always pool season), I've never cared to learn how to swim, and thus don't know how to. For years at family gathering's/hanging out with friends, I'd either chill out in a jacuzzi or on a chair near the pool. [face_blush]

:p

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? The most exciting thing that I'll be doing is going to the liquor store to restock on Saturday.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll be seeing Gangster Squad tomorrow evening with my friends... that will be the highlight of my weekend.

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I did my taxes and came out on the other side with a refund. Go me. Goes straight into my house fund.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That movie is okay. I did a double feature with that and Zero Dark Thirty the day before I headed back to school.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I know how to swim but I do the same thing during our pool season. I've swam (swum?) for exercise in the past but not recently.

It was amazing how quickly my son took to the water; he went from just being able to get across the pool, to swimming five strokes competitively within a few months.

Good morning GIL. The meet will be the most exciting thing I do this weekend, other than trying to catch up on Game of Thrones..

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Good morning, everyone! My weekend is going to be boring, as always. The rain is still hanging on so any outdoor activities are nil.

I did find out what's going on with my head. The bad news is, I do have a concussion. :( The good news is, that's the worst of it. It's a very mild one and I should be back to normal in about 10 days. This means light activity...but also nothing that requires concentration until my symptoms go away. This includes texting, readings, and Internet. :_| I'm cheating right now, but I'll probably be MIA for a few days.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    You meant lowlight, right? I heard it was very meh tunes.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I know we shouldn't read books by their covers but it looks pretty bad.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ugh, Jaina, feel better. :(

16. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    urrrrrr was out at a Burns Supper last night, till about 3.30am.
    suppose I feel fresher than I have any right too....its possibly that the haggis soaked up at least some of the whisky....
    however, been obliged to come into work for a bit... and my heart really isn't in it.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Depends on the quality of the rest of the weekend.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope everyone's having a good weekend! So I was playing Xbox with my son last night and lost track of time. When I looked over at the clock it was already 5:30 A.M. and the minute I turned off the system he was sound asleep! However, I did learn a valuable lesson from this and that is, it is a very bad idea to come into your bedroom while your wife is sleeping at 5:30 after having played Xbox all night!

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Darth Chiznuk I can related I used to play WOW and if I stayed up too late and snuck into bed I always got the evil eye from my wife.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I got the evil smack in face! [face_beatup]

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A concussion? Ugh! Get better soon, Jaina! :)

As for my weekend, not much going on. I'll probably be chained to my drawing desk so I can meet an upcoming deadline.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Fairly decent Saturday so far. I have plans for tonight, but otherwise I was watching The West Wing.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Our plans have changed for this evening, so we're just going to end up having dinner... I've got to see that movie eventually. :p

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, the kiddo rocks. First place in one freestyle heat, second place in another. :D

25. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I heard it's no LA Confidential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.