main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The only reason the YJ does not attract the same "views" is cause the other arcs were not as paraded and forced!
    When you promote something like crazy and force it on everybody as the best thing from the show - of course, people will eventually fall into the trap of fan service and lame plot holes that is this arc.

2. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Second part of episode is much better.Maul and Viszla fight was beyond awesome.Viszla hold himself quite good,impressive.One of the best fights on a show.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    man you do not like badass and credible villains [face_laugh]

4. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    No doubt Clovis will get you in a better mood.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Not true, he likes Grievous.

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 likes this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh please, they could have promoted the ever living **** out of Young Jedi but no way would it ever have attracted as much attention as Darth ****ing Maul coming back and working with ****ing Mandalorians. You can prattle on about how you're immune to the allure of fan service but there's a reason why it's called fan service. It's designed to titillate the senses and attract attention. To the average Star Wars fan this arc ticks all the boxes. A story about Jedi younglings building their lightsabers and working in travelling circuses doesn't.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Grievous isn't a credible or badass villain, he got his butt kicked by Gungans

InterestingLurker likes this.
  8. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    ...No, I'm guessing he just doesn't like the concept of a "badass" villain being force-fed repeatedly to viewers, and I'm in complete agreement. The grim twins need to go, NOW.

It's fan service of the lowest form, and it really is quite bad. Had all this happened without Maul we would have had time for plenty of more scenes fleshing out the state of affairs in Mandalore that allowed for such a rapid take-over (which might have made it seem less ridiculous), while also making it feel like more of a political struggle rather then another revenge scheme. The writers/creative team/whoever are sacrificing the integrity and weight of the story by adding Maul just to garner views. Though I can see why it might be necessary it's absolutely frustrating and I think really damages the show in the long run.

I came away from this episode thinking that had Maul not been there this arc might have been really enjoyable. As it is now I can only groan every time he appears and hope that his end will come soon.

The only plus was the duel. Very well choreographed, and went on for far longer than I thought it would.

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Good... Good! Let the hate flow through you!

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Theysa warriors, theysa got a Grand Army. :p

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Grievous would lose all of his rep if he got beat by Jar Jar alone :p

12. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Is everyone on Mandalore Blondys.

13. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Oh my god. Don't even give them ideas.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The idea that returning from the dead after being bisected above one's intestines is "credible" is laughable to say the least.

Maul was a "badass and credible villain" in TPM. In TCW he's just ridiculous.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They were designed to look Scandinavian IIRC.

16. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Someone needs to make A montage of all the times Maul gets hit/kicked this season.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i doubt Filoni and the others even read these forums :p

18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    No. I think, I also saw one redhead.[face_thinking]

19. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Overall it's good for a TCW episode, but just like last one, it's way too rushed, the characterization is bad. I don't know why did they make so many childish episodes rather than focus season 5 on this arc?

They made Satine an idiot, she did nothing but say some ideal words, even told Maul brothers Alemc's corrupted nature and they were seeking a puppet.

Viszla is another idiot, he could kill Maul when he had him arrested, but instead he put the brothers in the same cell hello? And then he chose to duel and returned Maul's weapon rather than let his Deathwatch blow their head off.

20. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Not once we get out of Sundari...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, I hate lame and forced "has beens" :p Maul sucked!
    Almec was cooler than him...

Love your post, Mr. Atom Bomb. Totally agreed on all your well said points...

Jeeeezzzzz... Stop bringing that up... That had nothing to do with the fact that Maul sucks!
    [face_laugh]

Maul screamed like a girl when he got a little scratch and ran away - that is really credible.

Yes, Zabrak, the Clovis episodes are what I am waiting for.

Totally agree with your awesome post. TCW Maul is ridiculous!

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Also I have a level 50 Bounty Hunter Powertech in SWTOR, I must say as a Mandalorian it's just dumb to waste time on sword fight training, and use sword against Jedi/Sith rather than get some missiles, flame thrower and other stuff.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    This arc really could have been done much better if they use the whole season 5 to focus on it, but instead they made so many childish episodes.

24. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Agreed. This season should have been very Maul heavy, but instead Maul really only appeared at the beginning, and near then end of the season. A real letdown.

25. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    -Viszla dueling Maul was awesome. So surprised Maul was smart enough to take advantage of Viszla's pride.
    -"What do you want, monster?" Mildly annoyed rather than angry Satine LOL
    -Hot damn, Viszla was using every dirty trick in the book during that fight. Beautiful.
    -Hey Viszla, you idiot, why don't you just kill Maul right there at gunpoint?

10/10