main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He should let his Death Watch to blow Maul's head off.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Loved that episode. The first part did seem too rushed, but the 2nd half more then made up for it. Looking forward to next week.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Now we are getting to the main point of this arc. They definitely should have done more than 3 episodes out of this story instead of Onderon , Young Jedi or Droids which would've worked well as trilogies.

+Pre Viszla is one of the best bad guys they have created for this show- while it's a bit shame he died now he still had his moments- this episode was really a Rise and Fall of Pre Viszla- people of Mandalore shouting out his name as savior and epic last duel and last words and death at the hands of Darth Maul no one less.
    + I'm beginning to understand why Almec was changed in Academy(that still is terrible episode) to be villain, now he really served his purpose licking Maul's a** and lying to people. One of the slimiest villains along with likes of Lott Dod and Nix Card.
    + Maul is cool while he still feels bit out of place in TCW- Still, it's funny to see Viszla holding his own in duel and that random Mando that told Maul to shut up in prison was awesome.[face_laugh] "We will rule the Mandalore and..." -"Be quiet!" there was certain kind of self-irony by writers because Maul really speaks a lot about his plans.
    + Fake battle between gangsters and Death Watch was kinda funny- such things have happened in real history and that makes it so interesting in TCW.
    +I was already sick of pacifist Mandalore so nice to see things change- Mandos are kinda cool after all....
    + Bo-Katan made such a badass escape from the palace

-Pre Viszla really likes his jetpack:rolleyes: - he didn't take it off until it was dangerous (but good that he didn't die because of his jetpack as both Fetts- if we count Boba's movie death of course) I guess it's mandalorian tradition that everyone needs a jetpack but still it was bit funny how he didn't take it off. I understand the armor because that's symbolic.
    -First half was bit too fastpaced and they could've made the gangster-invasion better than just have random guys coming from the box....
    "Gangsters!"- how they know they are not tea smugglers this time- those also like Sundari's docks and start shooting right when door is opened:p .....
    - Too much blonds amond citizens of Sundari

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Some duel: I can almost guarantee you that no way could/would Obi-Wan put up such a good fight against Maul (in TCW) and perhaps no Jedi could/would. (I don't think Maul was "toying" with Viszla.) Shame that a Mando is "so much a better fighter" than any Jedi we've seen so far or likely to see against the Sith.

5. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I will not accept this answer !

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Since Viszla could have a close fight with the half cyborg Maul before it went to melee combat, I guess Durge would own the half cyborg Maul in a duel.

7. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    I mean, they had to jettison Durge into a sun to get rid of him, didn't even take that much to get rid of Sidious

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Durge is from the Genndy's show where everyone had powerlevel "that's over 9000"- It's hard to imagine what Durge would be like in TCW- he would need to be powered down because he is just too über.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What about the fight he put up in Revival? For me that outranks the Maul/Viszla fight....

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Mother Talzin will send Maul off to find Durge's singed corpse so she can resurrect him for some reason.

pronker and Order66Survivor like this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    but you will have to :p

12. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    Actually If you look at their jetpacks they're pretty jumbo sized compared to the usual ones that Jango and Boba use. Even the ones in the first episode they appeared in are not as big as the ones they are currently wearing so maybe they upgraded to the 30 minute flight time ones...

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He was also very strong in the comic.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Maul really became weaker after turned a cyborg, he once could fight a Jedi Master and padawan, finished Black Sun' leaders singlehandedly. His clone almost beat Vader.

The TCW one only had good performance against Obi Wan due to his hate.

15. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    I think seeing an uninterrupted duel between Maul and Vizla made for a much better cinematic and viewing experience than Revival, especially since there was closure to this one...

Revival's duel was fantastic, but the fact that we all knew the power trio would survive lessened the impact of these characters fighting each other

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It'll be an enormous strain on my computer but I'll make a gif of the duel.

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I don't know, Revival was a combination of 2 against 2, and then when it was 1 against 2 - the "brothers" had at least one clear opportunity to kill Obi-Wan and didn't (just as Obi-Wan had one clear shot at Anakin in ROTS without taking it - just before leaping to the bank). Watch - Obi-Wan "had the Force with him" because he should have been dead by all reckoning. Now, granted that was 2:1 whereas Viszla against Maul was 1:1.

But if one didn't know the outcome, one would not have known which fighter would have won in this episode. In Revival, Obi-Wan probably should have lost except for his plot armor and if the ceiling had not collapsed, effectively ending the duel, who knows? He did not win that fight (nor lose it, admittedly).

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why did they make those child episodes in season 5 rather than focus on Maul's arc?

19. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    No no, no fanons here. If the CW can trample all over EU continuity it can trample all over peoples precious Jedi/Sith and "only a Jedi can use a lightsaber" too. Maul just sucks as a fighter (evidenced by past episodes). Dooku can get owned and captured by space pirates. Obi Wan sucks generally in fighting big bads. Grevious is badass against force using Nightsisters but WILL lose in a pathetic and sissy way to everyone else.

To borrow TCW attitude...Unless Maul gives a detailed 30 second explanation in an episode saying "I was just holding back" he sucks.....deal with it......O:):p

P.S. and from the movies....no matter how badass Sidious acts in this arc...remember....he still gets owned by Windu and is very easily thrown off a balcony......

rumsmuggler likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't know. Why do you keep making posts about it?

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sidious didn't lose his fight with Windu, he staged a defeat so when Anakin walked in it made the Chancellor appear helpless, and he defeats Yoda.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, and the novel said Windu had no strength left to defend against his Force Lightning before he "gave up" and said "I'm so weak".

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Given that Sidious was not thrown off the balcony, I think the term "sarcasm sign" applies here.

24. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Just finished watching the episode, I can’t believe how good that duel was. Call me crazy, but that’s IMHO easily the best Star Wars duel ever made, I can’t believe how amazing that was. Really good episode overall, the people turning to Vizsla made sense to me, Satine was completely incapable of handling the situation.

10/10 – Possibly my favorite episode of the series.

25. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    How the heck did Savage use the force with his mechanical arm?