main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  2. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah same here. I'm really diggin' the whole noir type feel for the titles!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_rofl]

:_|

Zer0, Ahsoka_Tano_11 and rumblewagon like this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, hell.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  6. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    I know i already said this twice before but Ashoka is Smokin' Hot. [face_hypnotized]

7. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

For the love of sweet baby Jesus she's 16 at the most, people.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm reminded of the Twilight moms.

[​IMG]

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  10. Knight3440

Knight3440 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2012
    Man it is hard to believe how much Ahsoka has changed over the course of the clone wars series. Shocking to believe how much has change in season 5 finale arc for Ahsoka one minute she was a respected general in the clone army and council trusted her and her master enough to investigate the bombing in the Jedi temple the next she is branded a traitor by the republic she once believed in and is on run from the clone troopers and Jedi order. Now captured the Jedi council is decided her fate possible exiling her before without even listening what she has to say first. The world is crashing around Ahsoka and all she can do is hope and even that seems hard in this hopeless situation.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, she was never a General. As a Padawan in the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano held the rank of Commander throughout her service in the Clone War, but I take your meaning, and yes, she certainly was blindsided, huh? At least she had a character arc which demonstrated growth and was able to bow out, more or less, on her own terms (and that's an awful lot more than most SW characters ever get).

I know I'm going off topic a bit here, but speaking of her rank, my God, was I ever relieved when they finally eschewed that "Commander Ahsoka" nonsense and began addressing her properly as "Commander Tano" (as they should have from the start). I was watching a first season episode last week, and I couldn't choose between cringing, rolling my eyes to the heavens or simply bursting out into laughter. I mean, would the Continental Army have addressed George Washington as "General George"? How about "President Barack"? The kid had it tough enough getting her feet wet without talking down to her like that. In fact, the only time I ever found using a first name in a formal address like that to be even remotely bearable was with Plo Koon, for obvious reasons (still, some part of me thinks the TCW team should have just bitten the bullet on that one and went with the hand they were dealt).

Anyway, end of rant. So yeah, what do we think is next for the former Commander Tano?

12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    It's ok. Uncle Paul loves little Ahsoka.

13. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I finally saw the Clone Wars final last night. Wow. just wow. Almost made me tear up. I liked Ahsoka, I thought she was a great character. A lot of the clone wars episodes were just ridiculous in a bad way, but the last arc with Ahosoka was awesome. I think it would be awesome if Ahsoka's story would be put into a trilogy of adult novels. I think it would be awesome to read about her and Anakin's adventures in a more nitty gritty way. I think it would be awesome. Thoughts on this?

VanishingReality likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Um...what?

16. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    :cool:
    "Wait a minute, I'm the Chosen One!"
    [​IMG]
    Just wait in the lobby, Han. You're not even force sensitive.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think TCW needed to be darker and grittier than it was. I always appreciated how TCW was never overly grim dark.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  18. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know like them actually being in danger, or actually being injured. I know the Mortis arc was pretty intense, but some of the other stuff was a little childish. I think Novels would be awesome for Ahsoka. Novels are the best way to understand a character in my opinion. You really can get in depth with it. Idk just my thoughts.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree, it's the best way to get inside a character's head.

I thought Ahsoka was written pretty well in Karen Miller's TCW novels, as was her relationship with Anakin, although Wild Space showed him being a complete ass to her after Christophsis.

20. CommanderTano96

CommanderTano96 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    For me, Ahsoka made a huge impact and became a very important and beloved character in the small space of time she was given! In my opinion, her character was well written and was a credible part in the saga and i feel like i know her just aswell as other characters who have had lengthy spells in the saga, such as Obi-Wan and Yoda etc!

Also, Padme has some competition now, finally!

21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Letsee...

SPR level violence in the battle scenes. Blood guts gore, screaming soldiers with their intestines out.

Oh, and Cmdr. Tano marching up and down profanely chewing out the grunts of Torrent company like R Lee Ermey.

Anakin and Padme have.... "scenes". I think I've said enough on that. ;)

Nah. I don't think it would work. It would lose the look and feel of Star Wars.

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    So, I've been thinking...

I know there are plenty of people on the boards with less than glowing opinions of Ahsoka....and I know that its always fun to poke fun at her being Dave's fav. and such...Heck, I even do it - But I was thinking back to about a year ago when TCW wrapped up its 5th season, and how so many gave rave reviews for her arc and how they handled it. And so I thought, well how many people are just poking fun to poke fun and how many people really don't like her. So I made up this nifty little chart. Its pretty self-explanatory. My request, is that as many people as possible reply with the grid coordinates of where they sit in relation to both axis - the like/dislike and the family friendly nature of that like/dislike....Thank You! :)

[​IMG]

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    B16.

And the only thing I liked about The Wrong Jedi was Anakin.

24. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    For the whole waifu thing, my end game is for, "Ahsoka as Dave's waifu," to become so much of a meme that Filoni himself has to issue an official statement in response to these allegations. I seriously want him to have to dignify it with a response. I want an uncomfortable moment much like when Louis CK accused Donald Rumsfeld of being an alien lizard.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    On that note, the New Zealand PM the other day gave a public response to a guy's accusation that he was also an alien lizard.

http://io9.com/the-new-zealand-prime-minister-publicly-denies-being-a-1523573490