main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Feige confirmed today that not only will Ant-Man be a part of Phase 3 like we were told previously, but also Doctor Strange.

Singer has confirmed Kitty, Rogue and Iceman will be back in DOTF.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What's Phase 3? After Avengers 2, or something else?

That's actually a cool thought, that the MCU will last long enough to really flesh out a lot of Avengers-related heroes.

eht13 likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Phase 3 is all post-Avengers 2 films (presumably) leading up to (and including) Avengers 3.

Phase 1 is everything we have out now and Phase 2 starts with Iron Man 3.

eht13 likes this.
  4. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    I just cant wait to see Thanos on the big screen....
    [​IMG]

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    ...again.

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    So....will they add Cable and Bishop in there?

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they're still saving Cable for either his own movie or for Deadpool.

In a brief bit of news: Cobie will be back for Winter Soldier as Maria Hill and is also in talks to appear on SHIELD (as it wont interfere with HIMYM's schedule).

8. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    saying you saw Thanos on the big screen is a bit misleading isn't it??

I REALLY wanna see him on the big screen, not a 4 second bit wit his face in it.

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Wait Doctor Strange movie confirmed? WTF. I will see this.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm glad DS is happening- I wonder how much of the older scripts remain in the current incarnation.

JMS wrote a screenplay treatment that became the Strange miniseries a few years back. I think theres a good chance they could still use that in broad strokes as a basis for the film much like they did with JMS's run on Thor.

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well they've cast the female lead for Captain America 2. Emily VanCamp, she's on Revenge but having never seen it I can't say whether she's a good choice, was personally hoping Alison Brie would've got the part. Anyone whose seen her think she can pull off Sharron Carter?

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Revenge is a prime time soap, but from what little I've seen of it, she is a good actress, whether or not she's right for Sharron Carter, remains to be seen, but then again I didn't have a whole lot of expectations for Scarlett Johannsen and Gwyneth Paltrow going in either.

13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Who wants to bet they go with this look for Dr. Strange in the movies, just to mix things up:

[​IMG]

(Just kidding)

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Latino Review is saying that the Hulk is getting his own movie with Ruffalo as the lead. The cooler thing is that it will be Planet Hulk.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not too terribly surprised. Whedon and Ruffalo have expressed interest in wanting to do a Hulk film. I wonder if when he signed on to replace Norton in The Avengers if his contract included the movie or if they had to renegotiate to include a Hulk film after the success of The Avengers? Probably the former.

16. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I think Jim Caviezel should be Dr. Strange.
    [​IMG]
    He's got the look. Just needs a bit of grey hair dye at his temples.

EDIT - Too bad these movies weren't being made forty years ago....Vincent Price would be a shoo-in. :p

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't see much point in casting Strange for the look since Vincent Price has been dead for nearly two decades now. :p

Still, I'd take Caviezel over perpetual fan casting favorite Bennyding Cucumberbush.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    He signed a six picture deal.

19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    That's a bit...fast...isn't it? Unless this film is being made after "phase 2" (or whatever) and he does something really awful in Avengers 2. I would have expected at least another Hulk movie before that or something to set up this massive decision to launch Banner into space. Because as of Avengers he seems to be a pretty huge asset.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    From the gist of the article that seems to be what they're implying.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Or how about this guy instead?

[​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Latino Review posted some potentially MASSIVE spoilers for Phase 3. So far it's just rumored stuff. As summarized by Bleeding Cool:
    • At the end of Avengers 2, The Hulk is going to be sent to space. This is either in the third act or, possibly, after the credits.
    • It will be the Movieverse version of The Illuminati who do this. And they’ll do it because they deem The Hulk a terrible threat – so expect to see how and why he’s so dangerous.
    • Then, in Phase 3, this will be paid off with The Hulk’s standalone movie, adapting Planet Hulk. This was Greg Pak’s comics story in which The Hulk becomes a gladiator and then a King on an alien planet.
    • The Hulk will then return to earth for Avengers 3 which will draw on World War Hulk, another Pak run which sees Big Green coming back for revenge after his banishment.
    I don't think this is any reliable because it shows knowledge of movies that probably haven't even been discussed and because, well, Latino Review, but I wouldn't mind this structure at the very least.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    They have a pretty good track record. I probably wouldn't have posted the Planet Hulk story a few posts back had they not have a few winners in the past.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It does seem too early for Planet Hulk, but seeing as how that's one of the most popular stories for the character, I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, they did sort of give us a visual nod to Planet Hulk in TIH with the shrapnel shields during the sonic assault.And with all the cosmic stuff going on, going to another planet isn't out of the question

Still, it seems way too early to have an Illuminati in the movieverse- there's not enough heroes yet. I mean, wouldn't the Illuminati basically just be half the Avengers cast at this point?

Plus, it'd be nice if a Hulk sequel actually dealt with Mr Blue, since TIH was obviously seeding a sequel with him...

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007