main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

To avoid pedantry, I'll revise that last post so that it says:

"Vader was clad in that armour for a very specific reason - i.e. being burned to a crisp on Mustafar in RoTS. Unless one wants to get silly, why the hell would Luke end up wearing armour that appeared to be the same as that worn by Vader?

2. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Disney is in charge now, not Lucas. Lucas has as much say in Star Wars now as Stan Lee has in Marvel.
    How do you bring Vader back? Well, I'm sure they will find a way!
    Maybe not a White Knight Vader, but a Frank Castle Punisher Vader.
    Remember that car commercial with the kid dressing up as Vader? I don't see them writing Vader as pure evil...maybe misunderstood but not a devil.
    We will not know how much Disney will actually adhere to Lucas' "treatment" in reality, as obviously it pleases fanboys to think the "maker" is THE guiding force behind the new movies, so they are sure not to dispel such an attractive fantasy..

3. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Maul IS back...isn't he in the new cartoons?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly my point.

Just because a writer can bring back a dead character doesn't mean he or she should.

kainee, Graphic and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    It's called a spin off movie, that's how you bring Darth Vader back. Between ROTS and ANH, the Jedi Purge/Dark Times.

If Darth Plagueis is the main villain in the ST, and the force ghost of Anakin must descend into the dark side netherworld to destroy Plagueis, then maybe Anakin runs into the evil spirit/soul of Darth Vader along the way. That is the only way I could see in suit Vader returning in the ST, but that wouldn't be until Episode IX.

kainee likes this.
  6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Anakin's not going to fight himself. I hope. :p

7. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    We dont know the details of the deal between Lucas and Disney. I'm sure there are provisions that ensure the preservation of certain things, which would mean that it's not simply a matter of Disney can do as they like with it now.

Also, Stan Lee to George Lucas is apples to oranges on many levels.

9. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    I would LOVE to see them make Episode III.5... bring back Ewan as Obi Wan and have him go against Vader...

10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep. Also, it has been stated by many that are familiar with the workings of Disney that they are very hands-off creatively; The Avengers was pretty much created by Marvel. I am sure that is a good deal of the reason Lucas signed on with them; he wouldn't have done it if he thought they would make the next movie with Goofy and Donald Duck as the Jedi. I am sure Lucas ensured that they would not turn SW into a silly circus.

11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Haha. Yeah, and by extension we can say the ST is about the offspring of Vader. Vader might have been on some prequel merchandise and promotional material--but he wasn't in the movies.

kainee likes this.
  12. MiamiJedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Plenty of money can be made without the appearance of Darth Vader...but plenty more can be made with his appearance.
    Have Vader appear and you can sell a hell of a lot more action figures, Halloween costumes, etc.
    Regarding credibility, who amongst us can say with a straight face that he (or she) will not go see Episode VII if such a thing were to occur. The preteens the movies will be aimed towards do not care about "facts" or "basic logic.." And fanboys like us will go see it no matter what...well if Robert Pattinson were in it then it would be a no go for me!

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing Vader again on the Big Screen but not for a while. Maybe a non-Roman Numeral movie. I wouldn't mind seeing a movie trilogy or book series set thousands of years later where Palpatine and Anakin are brought back and have to wage war against each other once more. Maybe have Anakin go to Dagobah and face Vader in the Cave or have Palpatine bring Vader back by a ritual minus Anakin's part and have them face off.

14. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    Your words have been marked, good sir.

Unfortunatley Darth Vader will not return to bring 'wizard' back.

He sent me in his stead.

15. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    No need for Vader or Maul. I trust JJ will go in a whole new direction. No need to continue to rehash.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep.

[​IMG]

The Bops likes this.
  17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Perhaps merely a version or variation of that armor? Just to give us a hint of Vader.

Like so:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's also fair to point out that McQuarrie originally designed Vader's mask based on a possible need for breathing in space.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll let the man speak for himself:

[​IMG]

I can say with a straight face if they bring Vader back from the dead or travel through time to bring him back to help out against the new bad I will not go see it. Just because it says Star Wars doesn't mean I don't have standards.

19. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I really don't think Anakin can fall to the Dark Side again, so no, we won't see Darth Vader.

Now as for Anakin... that's a different story now.

kainee likes this.
  20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, don't worry. Disney won't pass up the opportunity to use Darth Vader after buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. I'm sure they fully intend to cash in on that...just not in Episode VII. Remember, they also plan to make spin-off films as well. I'm fairly certain that's where we'll see Vader made an appearance.

21. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Looking forward to the Darth Vader film set between episodes 3 and 4. That's more likely to happen IMO.

kainee and Darth kRud like this.
  22. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Indeeeeed.

I would think that they may TALK about Vader, or reference him in some way, or like was mentioned before: he might be featured in some spin-off, but we won't see him in the ST. And so it should be. This is a fresh new storyline with fresh new characters. The sky is the limit as to where they can go with this trilogy! And that's what makes it so exciting!

I think that peoples' reactions to seeing Darth Vader again (or shall I say YET again?) will not be as positive as we might think. I think it could actually have the opposite effect. We're done with Darth vader, he fulfilled the prophecy, he died, we saw him as a force ghost, we got all closure we would've needed to put the Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader storyline to rest. I think people WILL see it as a blatant cash grab if they try to find some way to shove Darth Vader in there, just so kids can point to the screen and say "Awesome! It's Darth Vader!" For this reason, I am quite sure we will not see Darth Vader in Ep VII-unless just talking about him, which would be fine to me-or as a flashback-which I hope doesn't happen, cos SW doesn't "do" flashbacks....:-B

23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker is dead, so NO, we will not see this character in the new trilogy. The slimmest chance is that we will see a Force ghost of Anakin, but most likely, all we will get is maybe a few offhand references by the main characters.

kainee and Vespasian like this.
  24. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yup.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  25. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I cant imagine Vader will be not a part of this. But just as an Symbol.

So i say in a other Thread, it would be nice to see his burned Mask, that Luke has taken after the funeral, and put it in the new Jedi Tempel as an memorial/warning. Be aware of the Dark Side.

kainee and Vespasian like this.