main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The mishandling of Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Season 5 could be great with the return of Maul in the end of Season 4, link them with the Mandaloriansis a great idea. However it's a big arc they should use the whole season 5, or at least most of it to make a big long story. Instead they made too many childish episodes and only give this arc like 4 episodes.

Everything is way too rushed, they kicked those large underworld organizations in 1 episode, took Mandalore from Satine in 1/2 episode and killed Viszla in the rest of the episode. I've read Shadow Conspiracy and know
    The Maul brothers will get their ass kicked badly by Sidious in the next episode, Savage will die and Maul is close to death, at least his forces will be gone.

The characterization also really got badly effected due to the shortage of time. Both Satine and Viszla look like idiot in episode 15. Satine did nothing beside saying a few ideal words, Viszla didn't kill Maul brother when he got the chance and chose to duel him when he could blow Maul's head off with his Death Watch. He deceived his people, why would he care of kill Maul without a duel? I'm also strongly against Palpatine go by himself rather than use other to do his work like he usually does.

And they thought Maul only got business with Obi Wan and his master that's not true. Anakin and Dooku both got a chance to release their hate against Maul. Let Palpatine stay behind and use his old, current and future apprentices to fight each other would be great, Satine could be a much more resilient and intelligent figure, too bad they didn't handle it well.

Apophis_ likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Season 5 was mishandled the moment they brought Maul back.

They could have continued to use and develop villains they had already introduced, and had them join the Death Watch against Satine. Hell, they could have brought Savage back if they were so determined and have him out for revenge against Obi-Wan for killing his brother. They could make Dooku useful for something other than fighting Anakin over and over again, and verbally taunting Ventress and Grievous.

And they could have made the pacifists a viable threat--there are viable threats that don't involve weaponry and how many real-world pacifists have managed to change society forever, even if it was usually done at their own expense? Instead the show made them stupid. Sad.

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I agree they should not bring Maul back, however his characterization in TCW is good and a threatening, powerful foe on the frontline is what TCW lack of.

I don't think Dooku should fight by himself too much, CW handled him well, Dooku simply stayed behind the stage and train others to do the work for him.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It's all because of Disney! Disney = Doom!!!

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This season was going badly well before the Disney announcement.

Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Season 5 = worst one yet

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really want to bring out my OMG ONOZ gif again but its getting overused at this point.

I kinda like the idea of doing a season long arc. I say that even as I've gotten tired of the 4 parters. The pacing of this arc makes me like that idea more.

Season 5 mishandled? Yeah, WTF is up with this season's scheduling and where the hell is the Clovis arc? Fives where are you bro? This should have been your season.

The Onderon arc sucked.

The Droid arc wasted time and was goofy.

Other than that I'm having fun with it.

Onderon still had Lux in it. Hoping to see him in the Senate in future episodes. Once again the young man in way over his head who doesn't know his own ass from a hole in the ground.

Young Jedi has its moments and lots of this guy.

[​IMG]

Season Five's subtitle could be "Hondo".

The droid arc was kinda a waste of time but I liked the deep philosophical journey that was "A Sunny Day in the Void" which is probably my favorite episode of the season with Revival trailing it. I also really liked meeting Gregor. It was good to see a clone do something this season. Gregor was a stark contrast to "The Deserter' and a clone commando the show needed to put on screen. Best last stand in series history.

This Maul arc is turning out to be a ton of fun, deep, complex, and good Star Wars despite the rediculousness of bringing back a character cut in half. I like the portrayal of Both Satine and Vizsla in this arc. Satine the once strong woman shattered by endless betrayal losing her grip and tragically now finding peace in a cell. Perhaps she is there because of her beliefs? Vizsla patriotic leader of Deathwatch blinded by greed and success felled by this red dude who snowed him and used his own honor code against him.

And I feel there is more great stuff to come.

QuangoFett and TaradosGon like this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    She should run away since she could have the chance to reveal the truth to her people.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Satine makes me want to beat my head against a wall. It's fine to have beliefs, but not beliefs that defy all reason and logic. Even the Naboo, who had no army, didn't freak out when the Trade Federation invaded. Padme certainly didn't; she may have been a believer in "diplomatic solutions" but she knew when that wasn't working and it was time to pick up a weapon--and amass an army.

We didn't see much of it but I believe the peaceful Alderaanians knew when to fight back as well.

Sad, because I liked Satine when she was introduced.

Togruta and Esg like this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm on the fence about the Clovis arc. I didn't hate Senate Spy with a passion like many did, but it was still far from my favorite. I know too little about the Clovis followup this season to predict if it would be good or bad. I'm indifferent to it being dropped on that account. I don't know if it would have been better or worse than YJ.

Yeah, this season is pretty bad. Just as bad as S3 if not worse. I like 3/4 Maul episodes (and I'm trusting I'll love the next one), and YJ was decent. Onderon and R2 sucked. With the R2 arc being the worst piece of trash coming out of TCW IMO. If the Ahsoka arc is excellent and this season finishes strong, then it could be on par with S3 for me (I loved S3's premiere and the last four arcs, but the rest was terrible).

But compared to S4, where I really only hated Nomad Droids and Brothers with a passion, this season as a whole has been a huge step back.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Season 4, on review, was actually quite decent. I got the Blu Ray through the mail on Friday and if I don't outright like many of the episodes I at least don't dislike them. The only ones I really don't want to revisit are the first 6.

But so far the only thing I've liked in Season 5 has been the Maul arc.

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hell Alderaan still had a resistance movement regardless of the planets lack of weapons

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, I think Satine should be a very intelligent person, knowing that sometimes, force is required to maintain peace.

It's due to the shortage of time I guess, just let her being captured and do what Maul wanted her to do would save time.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "When is Darth Maul going to die?"

This quote brought to you by my 7-year-old, and I think it fits with this thread.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I hope you said "Not soon enough."

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I guess I will stop follow TCW, maybe just watch a few episodes after

Satine's death.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    really?

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Not trying to be rude, but there are totally several other threads that are dedicated to such complaints.

rumblewagon likes this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, I'm never a big fan of TCW, watched that movie in theater in 2008 but didn't have much interest of the TV series beside Satine and Mortis episodes until Maul's return. They could make a great story of Maul but too bad that's not the case.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I could see myself having a similar reaction when...

Rex dies. =X

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    the only thing i find bad about this season is the droid arc the rest of the season is pure genius

22. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    The droid arc went on WAY TOO LONG. Sorry, but it could have been one episode. It got my daughter to stop watching TCW and call it "boring." She is back now with the Darth Maul episodes. I'm trying dammit lol.

Sorry, but the droid arc was just tedious.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The season has been amazing until now... Onderon arc, Young Jedi arc, Droids arc - amazing stories.

The Maul/Mando arc lives mainly on fan service.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  24. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I've been fine with this season so far. The arcs may not be my favourites (except for the Maul arc - this is definitely among my favourites), but none of them are as bad as the Mon Cala arc. Yes, some episodes could have been merged into one, but overall they are quite decent.

25. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I really only liked this arc and the onderon arc. The Droird arc I could do without, and I hated the young jedi arc.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.