main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends When Blue Eyes met Green L/M - Update 04/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 26, 2013.

1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    This is going to be a thread of L/M one-shots. Briaanikin encouraged me to bring it over here.

Notes: I always wondered what a jealous/protective Luke would be like if his wife were begin hit on...so I came up with this.
    Green Eyed Jedi

Mara Jade Skywalker sat at the bar, sipping on a drink aptly named the Tatooine Sunrise when a man came up next to her. His breath was foul and reeked of alcohol. He was leaning in her direction, breathing nearly in her ear. She shuddered, having the great urge to either smash his head into the bartop or knock him off his barstool.

"Well, aren't you gorgeous thing…" he slurred.

Mara, adamant on enjoying her drink, ignored him.

"Hey, Red, did you hear me...?"

I heard you, you foul smelling pig...She thought bitterly before taking another gulp of her drink.

"What? You're too good for me...?" The man dropped a meaty hand on her shoulder. Big mistake. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Just as she was about to swing around and flatten the zealous drunk, a hand gripped the man's wrist and pulled it backward. The man yelped in pain.

Who in the world? Mara thought, annoyed.

She pivoted in her chair to find her husband, standing behind the man, bending his wrist all the way back to the point of snapping it.

His voice was low and dangerous. "I don't think the lady cares for your company. I suggest you leave her alone."

"Who're you?" The drunk shouted, still trying to retain his composure despite the obvious pain Luke was placing on his wrist.

"I'm her husband." He narrowed his eyes. "That's who I am."

The man goggled at him, trying to focus.

Luke squeezed the guy's wrist slightly. "And I suggest you back off before I get angry."

"Luke?" Her tone held a warning. "Luke, let go of his wrist." She demanded, grabbing her husband's arm forcefully. "Knock it off!"

She could see her husband simmering beneath the surface; that calm rage barely noticeable to most other beings. He looked to her, face softening and let the man's wrist drop from his grip.

The man backed off and cradled his injured wrist. "You're gonna pay..." He blustered.

With that, the man scrambled away.

Mara sighed heavily, hand dropping from Luke's arm.

He turned toward her to find her glaring at him.

"What was that!?" She inquired angrily. Her hands were fisted on her hips. "I'd expect some sort of machismo bullcrap from Calrissian or Solo, but not from you."

Luke sighed.

"What was I suppose to do?" He inquired, calming down. "Let him hit on my wife."

"You were supposed to let me handle it. I had everything under control. I could have taken him."

"I-"

"Don't. Just don't."

Luke set his lips, decidedly frustrated. He wasn't going to win this one and he knew it.

She sighed once more, taking his arm and dragging him over to a nearby vacant part of the bar. She stopped and cupped his face with her hands. "You're better than that..." Her voice softened. "Better than that green-eyed monster you were about to unleash." She stared deeply into his clear blue eyes.

He reached up to touch one of her hands. His demeanor relaxed.

"Mara...I'm sorry, I know I was overly-protective. I know you hate that." He shook his head. "Something inside me just snapped."

"Yes…Something did." She paused. "But it wasn't your over-protectiveness. It was, something more dark…"

He waited for her to continue.

"I've never seen you like that, Luke. It was…almost frightening."

"Mara."

"No, Luke, you were in full jealous husband mode." Mara shook her head. "I've never seen you like that. At first I was angry, but I realized…what was happening. It'd almost be flattering if you hadn't looked so…ominous."

"Ominous?" He murmured.

"I don't ever want to see you like that." She grabbed hold of the collar of his tunic. "It's not who you are…I want you to remain as sweet and naïve as you always are."

Luke frowned at this.

Mara laughed. "That was a compliment."

"It's hard to hear it…when you put in the word naïve." He responded dryly.

"And that's all you heard. I said you were sweet too."

"I like to think of myself as chivalrous." He defended stiffly.

She poked him in the chest.

"Farmboy, that went out of style ages ago."

"Then maybe..." He put his hand at the small of her back and drew her closer to him. "It's about time I brought it back into style, hmm." He smiled. "This galaxy could use some good-old fashion chivalry."
    She sighed, threading her hands through his blonde locks.

"Skywalker…what am I going to do with you?" One hand slid down to his shoulder.
    "I guess, you can take the farmboy off the farm…but you can't take the farm out of the farmboy."

He grinned. "Guilty as charged."

Lea-El and Random Comments like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I can see Luke doing this. He knows Mara can take care of herself, but he's just soooo overprotective. I can't wait to re-read more of these.

3. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    He wouldn't be Luke if he wasn't...I remember when Mara wast pregnant and he's like "This is my child too. If I get overprotective, don't hold it against me."

And what's Mara's response: "You better not." lol

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks sweet Briannakin for your persuasive skills @};- [face_dancing] And thanks Emerald for my first squee! of the day! [:D] [:D] I too can see Luke doing this, for the exact reasons. Chivalry is never out of date, and I know Mara could have taken care of that lout, splendidly too =D= :D I did love how the tone became tender between them afterwards; you can tell this is their usual style - bantering but open and loving. [face_love] [face_love] !!! I will be eagerly awaiting these. :)

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  5. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Sooo gud to read a Luke tht wasn't afraid to be bit macho! She IS his wife afterall. ;)
    Sometimes its nice to hav a little possessiveness (not too much obvs/ just enough right amount tht doesn't feel too controlling) :p
    I'm likin this chivalrous Luke :D

6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I do try...Though their was some editing involved; it didn't want Luke to seem too...out of character.

7. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Exactly. I don't think Mara will ever get use to it; its just how she lived...fending and protecting herself. It's still odd for her even though she knows Luke means well.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke probably saved that guy's life...or at least saved him from a swift kick to the groin from Mara. :D

Gemma and lukemaraben like this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Most likely. Who knows what would have happened; maybe something like that ex Imperial guard in Union. :D;)

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Note: This is a little drabble about Luke's early morning habits.
    A Farmer's Chrono
    Mara felt the restless shift in the bed. She turned her head to face her sleeping partner. Her husband, Luke was quietly edging toward the edge of the bed, trying not to wake her up.
    "Don't you dare move another centimeter, Skywalker."
    Her husband heaved a sigh.
    Mara propped herself up on her elbow and looked at the chrono on Luke's side of the bed. It blinked 0500. She frowned.
    "Get back in bed and go to sleep." She demanded sleepily. "You're not a moisture farmer anymore." Mara burrowed her head under her pillow. "Why you think you have to still get up at the crack of dawn is beyond me."
    "Mara.."
    "No, every time you get up at this same time you take a shower, you sing as you get ready, then you make a godawfdul amount of noise clanging and banging your way around the kitchen-and I can't get back to sleep. Well, this time I'm putting my foot down. In this marriage, you don't get up until eight."
    "Mara, be reasonable. How would it look if I stayed in bed later than my students?"
    "This is not up for negotiation. End of discussion. Now, get your rear back in this bed."
    "Mara."
    She sat up. "Do you want a happy wife in the morning or a pissed off wife?"
    "But you're always grumpy."
    Mara ignored this. "That can change quickly to pissed off." She warned.
    Luke sighed. "Seven thirty." He countered finally.
    Mara remained silent for a moment.
    "Mara?"
    "Fine. Seven-thirty. No earlier." She grumbled, burrowing back under her covers. "Now, get your rear back in bed like I said the first time."
    "Yes, Ma'am." Luke slipped back beneath the covers.
    "Wasted five minutes of sleep talking to your fool head." She muttered, turning onto her side.
    Her husband attempted to wrap his arms around her.
    "Don't even try."
    Luke sighed and turned onto his back.
    "Yes, Dear." There was a hint of a smile in his voice.
    Mara drifted back off to sleep, content. After all, there could be no doubt who wore the pants, so to speak, in this marriage.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    HEHEHE. I love this one. Mara definitely wears the pants in the relationship.

12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah, ts best not to test a grumpy Mara.

13. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Hahaha! :D I'm totally on Mara's side with this one!
    Can't stand getting up early.. [face_plain] tho for my job I hav to be up at 5.30.. Its painful :(
    Mara's grumpiness was brill, written in a way tht you understood her, not dislike her for it!
    And Luke's "Yes, dear" was perfect :p

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Emerald! So Luke doesn't get some early morning loving, it's a wonder he isn't the grumpy Gus [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Maybe next time. *grins*

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks, I was hoping it came through in a unintentionally playful way. (well unintentional on my part not Mara's... Mara's not horsing around she really does want her sleep lol)

Gemma likes this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I like jealous-Luke - he's so cute; but he does need to learn he doesn't need to get up at sunrise.

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah, I think its ingrained in him though.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Title: Living for the Moment
    A tender pregnant Mara moment.
    Mara lay on her back, looking at her expanding stomach. "Starting to show now…"

Luke looked back at her. "Guess so." He walked over to the bed, slipping off his robe. "You're not going to be able to hide it much longer, Mara."

"I could always borrow one of your shirts."

He raised a brow. "Don't you think that would be obvious?"

"Not if I use one of your old ones." She reasoned.

"Mara, they're going to figure it out." He sat down. "Don't you think it's time we let them know?"

Mara frowned. "Just a little bit more. Give me a little bit more time. I can hold out for another month. The Solo kids didn't find out till later and they've been pretty good at keeping this quiet."

"Mara, I just want to do what's best for the baby. That's all."

"What's best for the baby is letting me decide this." She insisted quite stubbornly. "This is my body; I'm the one who's sick. It should be my decision."

Her husband's face fell; pain etched on it.

She sighed. "Farmboy, don't look at me like that."

"I just want you to be all right." He leaned over and placed a hand on her swelling abdomen. "I want both of you to be all right. I'm that baby's father and it's starting to scare me…keeping this quiet for so long."

"Don't you think I'm not? Don't you think I don't check daily—hourly—to make sure he's all right? The last thing I ever wanted to do is keep this from anyone. I'm scared out of my mind. But I've got to protect him the best way I know I can. No one else can do this except me—his mother."

Tears were in her eyes, clogging her voice.

"Mara."

"When the baby starts showing more, I'll tell them…and let Cilghal know then. Not before then, Luke. I'm not in control of my disease; I have to be control of this. I'll protect him like only a mother can." She paused then looked to him with pleading eyes. "Look, I don't want to fight on this; it makes me drained just talking about it. Hold me. Just for a bit. I don't want to think about anything else for the moment. I just want to think about our baby and only him."

Luke nodded. "All right..."

He got in bed and snuggled up beside her. Mara turned on her side, pressing her body to his, sighing as he wrapped his arms around her. His hand rested upon her stomach, his fingers splayed as if reaching out to where his child rested. Mara glanced down then turned to face him, smiling. She moved her hand and let it rest over his, intertwining their fingers.

She soaked in the moment.

For now there was no war, there was no disease. It was just her and Luke and their child.

It wouldn't last forever, but she had this moment and that was all that mattered.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Perfect missing scene from "Balance Point." @};- [:D] [:D]

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I agree with Jade_eyes. Why don't we get beautiful scenes like this in the pro-fics??

22. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    This was both sweet and sad..:) The joy of her pregnancy then shadowed by the fear of her illness..:(

That is totally Mara! You write her well.;) Loved it! Thanks for the tag!

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Simple because it doesn't move the plot along.

24. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Sucks but its true ... :(

Still, bit of mush every so often wouldn't kill 'em..:p

Gemma likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Okay, I'm spoiling you guys. Another pregnant Mara...this time...not so...nice lol Luke should really learn he needs to be careful around a moody Mara.

Title: Mara Jade Light

Briannakin, Jade_eyes, mayo_durron_666
    The boot was hurled across the ship, sailing toward his head. Luke ducked it expertly.
    "Mara, that was my boot!"
    "You're lucky it wasn't a vibroaxe, you pompous jerk." She snarled.
    Luke recoiled at the insult. His wife had never called him anything like that before!
    It must be the hormones, he rationalized. She's pregnant and frustrated and I'm the nearest target.
    "Can the accused please be informed what he has done, Mara?"
    "What he has done is simply breathe."
    "That doesn't make any sense."
    An angry edge went into her voice. "It doesn't have to."
    Just keep on talking, Skywalker. You're only pissing her off more.
    "What ever you're thinking about saying-don't. Because I really can't stand to look at your face for one more minute. I'll just end up killing you."
    She whirled around and stormed back into their cabin, locking the door behind her.
    "What was that?" He shook his head and stalked into the cockpit.
    Han was at the controls.
    "How's it going, Kid?"
    "Just peachy." Luke muttered. "Somebody just shoot me in the head." He plopped down, looking miserable.
    "Mara, huh?" Han said.
    "How did you guess?" He muttered sarcastically.
    Leia got up. "I'll...go check on her."
    "You've got the look." Han turned to face Luke. "She's doesn't mean it," He glanced toward the door, making sure Leia was out of earshot. "She's all hormonal is all."
    "I tried telling myself that, but its not helping. I have no idea what I did, one moment nothing, next moment she starts throwing things at me." He sighed. "Han, I've dueled against my father twice and lived to tell the tale, I've fought countless of enemies, survived through the rising of Sith Lord spirit on Yavin IV...but nothing could ever prepare me for that." He jabbed a finger out the door. "Cause Mara Jade before...that was Mara Jade Light in comparison to now."
    "I'll show you light." A voice growled. "Come back here so I can introduce you to the hilt of my saber. I'll make sure you see plenty of light."
    I'm so kriffed. He thought miserably.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.