main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solution for Clovis arc not airing in Season 5

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I posted this already in the official thread but felt it deserved a thread of its own...

So Cartoon Network schedule is showing "Sabotage" as the next Clone Wars episode after "the Lawless", last of the Maul arc. Sabotage is the start of a 4 part arc ending the season. Since it's obvious the Clovis arc isn't airing this season, I was just thinking of the continuity issues of airing it later in Season 6, given the important changes happening with characters. For example...
    especially if Ahsoka is present in that arc, that may be really goofy since we are told something dramatic happens in her story at the end of the season.

So my guess is the Clovis arc will be exclusive to the Bluray/DVD set coming out for season 5 in October. They'll put it in the correct order, so no continuity issue, and it will be a huge incentive to buy the set. The stupid Cartoon Network limit of 22 episodes won't be an issue on the discs... They can put whatever they want on there and send sales through the roof. They can also move Revival to it's correct order just prior to Eminence. so they'll be correcting a lot of continuity with that set.

Discuss...

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My wallet just cried out in terror and was suddenly silenced.

3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Why are so many arcs being pushed to S6 all of the sudden?

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh god i hope not

Zabrak 2 and cwustudent like this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking that the deal with Cartoon Network was to run up to 22. At some point someone chose to run young Jedi 4 eps instead of Clovis 3 eps, which screwed up the 22 limit. And now with the Disney deal, CN may be out of the picture sooner rather than later, so they may just be opting for the short season.

Let's just get this one on the blu ray and avoid all the mess of pushing into a different season. Much cleaner.

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Two solutions that in my opinion would be better than the DVD/Blu-ray exclusive suggestion:

1. Have the season end with 22 episodes and a cliffhanger, much like S4.

2. Air the entire Clovis arc in July or August.

7. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Even if Clovis had aired in this season and not been replaced with Young Jedi, we still wouldn't have got 22 episodes, UNLESS they had another 3-part arc they could have shown as well.

With the inclusion of young Jedi we got one extra week of TCW instead of 19 new episodes if Young Jedi hadn't of aired. I think once the stories of S6 are known about then it will become clear exactly how it may have been impossible to have had a 22 episode season...

This is my opinion... and I'm probably wrong but if all the other arcs set for S6 are all 4-parters then its going to be difficult to get 22 episodes into a season unless more episodes are bought by the network airing the show.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  8. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Oh I hope not! I dint buy the box sets! :( If anything though I think they'll just move it to season 6.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd think it would come out in the post-season ForceCast, if not sooner, as to what the deal is with Clovis

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ok, you're right that there would be an additional 3 slot if Clovis aired instead of Young Jedi...

What if there were a whole 2 arcs exclusive to blu ray?? Am I pushing it now? ;) I just think some of the continuity stuff will be silly if they have 2 whole arcs leftover for S6.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    As far as I can tell, half of this seasons episodes are of the S4 production batch. I don't know if Clovis was of S4 or S5 in production. Revival-YJ all have S4 production numbers. It would be a little odd for a S4 production to crop up in S6 with over half of next season consisting of episodes of S4 or S5 production numbers.

It just seems like it's getting progressively worse. S1 even had a couple S2 productions to help round out the season after four episodes were set aside for the film. S2 was predominantly S2 productions, S3 had several S2 productions, S4 had quite a few S3 productions, half of S5 is S4 productions, and if Clovis were pushed back to S6 (and a S4 production like the surrounding episodes), then over half of next season is going to be holdovers from S4 and S5.

Is that normal? (I honestly don't know). Just looked at the Star Trek Wiki for instance and it seems like every episode they produced for a season was aired that season, same with Justice League Unlimited and . It just seems like it would just reach a point where a season of TCW will consist entirely of episodes left over from prior seasons (which looks to be what eventually happened with Family Guy).

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Ahsoka-fugitive is a 4 parter arc, that we know. However, we're still 2 episodes short of a full season, and Filoni hinted that Anakin might have a falling out with the Council this season, and Palpatine would orchestrate it.

My guess is there's a two part finale after the Ahsoka arc. 22 episodes, full season.

13. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's already been confirmed that the Ahsoka-fugitive arc is the finale arc of the season. The Anakin falling out with the Council and Palpatine orchestrating it would fit RIGHT into the Ahsoka fugitive arc.

14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Maybe, always in motion the future is. :p

15. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I really like the idea of the Clovis arc appearing on the DVD/Blu Ray Release, and hope that that actually happens. I own Season 1-4 on DVD, and am alredy planning to buy Season 5, so that would be even better if they did that. I've been looking forward to the Clovis episodes as I thought he was interesting in Senate Spy, and am dissapointed his episodes won't be aired, even if we did get the really good Young Jedi arc in its place.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wanted to see Anakin knock Clovis's teeth out this season.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought Anakin's falling out with the Council began with the Hardeen arc. Not surprised that there will be another, however.

Clovis annoyed me within the first two seconds of his appearance in Senate Spy, so I was definitely interested in seeing him as the butt of a Force- enhanced Anakin rage. Seriously, don't hit on the Hero with No Fear's girl, you dumbass. [face_laugh]

The clip that I saw with Anakin and Obi-Wan talking, has Anakin explaining his rage with 'How dare he show up when he nearly got her killed?' (paraphrasing)

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That will be the dumbest and most vile thing done on this show in a while.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Same here

I blame YJ for this

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I've never heard of a live action series having a production/broadcast schedule like TCW's. They also usually have a much shorter production time, so you often read about filming re-commencing for the next season months after the previous one's finale. As far as I know, most other animated series are released in large seasonal batches as well, with each season being of a new production batch. This appears to be abnormal, though the example of Family Guy looks like a notable exception. In TCW's case, most story arcs are self-contained and link across seasons as much as they do within, and the separation between seasons is very nebulous.

Hopefully a move to Disney XD will allow TCW to extend its seasons beyond the standard 22 episodes, perhaps combining some of them into 42-minute specials to prevent interest declining between them. This moving of the Clovis arc out of S5 proper is extremely disappointing, particularly if it eventually airs more than a year after it was first teased.

I wonder what it is about the Clovis arc that prompted LFA and Cartoon Network to discard it from S5 proper while keeping the D-Squad arc in. The fact that it involves Padme in a lead role? The fact that it actually focuses on the war itself and features a large battle? If they did sideline the Clovis episodes for reasons relating to its content (which looks automatically better than the D-Squad arc), then that would make me glad to see the back of CN. I'd be even more pissed if they used the negative reaction to the D-Squad arc as an excuse to discard every future war-focused episode in favour of more Maul.

Perhaps if CN was in a more co-operative mood, they could have made space between The Lawless and Sabotage for the whole Clovis trilogy. They did fiddle around with the broadcast schedule for the early part of S5, so it's possible that we'll discover the current schedule to be as worthless as the October 2012 one after The Lawless is aired.

Seerow and Watto like this.
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I blame CN for not allowing TCW to air their season with 23 episodes.

And I blame LFL for trying to end it all quickly so they could move to Disney XD.

QuangoFett likes this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets keep in mind it takes about 9 months to finish an episode of Family Guy vs 1 year for TCW. The Seth McFarlene shows actually have some of the longest production time for prime timew animation. I think Boondocks surpasses it at 10 months. Archer by comparison takes 3 months to make an episode. Family Guys initial cancellation IIRC was basically Fox's fault for screwing around with the shows schedule which killed ratings and eventually caused its early cancellation. TCW's episodes are getting juggled but not the schedule. Really it seems like its the Clovis arc specifically that keeps getting moved which had me wondering if there was a production problem or even a standards and practices issue Lucas Animation has either been trying to resolve or unable to resolve.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wonder what happens to the show in Canada, hmmm man god dang it

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The problem is that they boast with this Maul cr*p, but keep us in the dark about important things. It is really annoying. I can not wait this boring Maul arc to end so we could get some info on the future.

vong333 likes this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul more than likely will return in S6 :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.