main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    She resembled the waitress that Savage choked in the diner, it seemed.

2. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    This is the best episode of this season so far! The story was cool and the action was awesome.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Don't forget Mace Windu used Force Crush on GG's chest.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  4. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Seems as those they censored another scene, this shot is not in the episode, but if you watch the featurette you can see it in there.

[​IMG]

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    lol where is Vizsla's head [face_laugh]

6. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I know hahaha! I presume it rolled behind the chair :p

rumblewagon likes this.
  7. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Or Maul just kicked it out of the way. xD

rumblewagon likes this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's just dumb for him to not finish Maul when he had the chance, but threw him in the same cell with Savage and accepted the duel rather than let his men kill them.

9. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Guys, you are both wrong. Obviously this shot was also censored.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    what not to show his head :p

11. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Mandalorian honor. or so they say...

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Talk about *heading* in the wrong direction.

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He didn't think honor at all when he worked with Maul brothers to deceive his people.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, my first thought was, "Where did his head go?" as well. I guess it rolled away. That's a stupid thing to censor.

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep515/#!/media/commentary - Ninja'd by rumble.

The commentary on Bo-Katan from Filoni is interesting. Bo believes in Mandalore as a whole rather than Deathwatch so that her group's angle for not following code and adopting Maul as leader. Not really Deathwatch. I still think there was a spark between Vizsla and Bo-Katan. =b

Great job with that fight. I agree its the best ever on TCW and its a scene that'll be remembered for years to come. I look forward to seeing how TCW tops it. =D

16. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    It was without A doubt... the best fight we have ever done............. Until the next episode.

FANGASM!!! So can't wait for this!!!

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Sidious owned Maul brothers badly.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honor referred to a Mandalorian/ Deathwatch soldier's code of honor. Vizsla was seeking to overthrow Satine and install a new government that restored his old beliefs to power. If that requires a dictator or a military state then so be it. Tradition ya know. He was willing to do what he had to, to win the people to his side including tricking them with Maul's help. To Vizlsa's credit he didn't come in starting a direct open war that torched tons of civilians. Maybe that's one reason Vizsla waited. I think there was more to the successful overthow of Satine than just Maul's plan anyways. The people had been getting deceived and 'sacrificing' as Satine put it for a long time so they were probably eager for change anyways.

QuangoFett and pronker like this.
  19. Merric

Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah... :( Still can't wait though. :p

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Sidious owns all, Jedi and Sith regardless. Even owned Plagueis.[/spoilers]

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lets move away from talking about the next episode please.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes it's perfectly normal for a politician, but why didn't he kill Maul brothers when he got them on hand and threw them in the same cell? Also it's totally right for him not to accept a duel from a outside and "crime lord who tried to invade Mandalore" in his people's eyes.

If it's so easy to get him obey, then Dooku should easily defeat him in a duel then take over Death Watch.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dooku was using Deathwatch back in season 2 and that plan failed. It doesn't seem to me like Dooku has any further interest in them. He pretty much left them scraping by as we saw in "A Friend in Need" which is why Vizsla had that scar under his eye and wanted to kill him.That whole Dooku thing seems like a MacGuffin now so Lux could hang out with Deathwatch and get told by Ashoka, "Death watch is bad mmm-kay."

I agree it was kind silly to put Maul and Savage in the same cell but I've seen that cliche nitpick in many works of fiction. Vizsla was blinded by his own success and thought he could kill Maul at any time. He was saying this back in "Eminence" and Maul was letting him believe it. Classic example of getting to big for ones metal pants and paying for it dearly since obviously Maul could have killed Vizsla at any time.

QuangoFett likes this.
  24. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Recall Dooku's mega choke against Obi Wan in Revenge of the Sith. And that was during a 2-1 lightsaber duel, and Obi Wan is one of the most powerful Jedi Masters of his time AND one with most experience fighting Sith. If anyone could have blocked that somehow it would have been him, and he could not. It was a fight ending choke btw. It knocked Obi out of the fight. Savage's choke against the Mando guard in this ep was also pretty good. The guard not only died, he was unable to use his jetpack to evade it.

So I do believe had Maul wanted he could easily have killed Vizla using a choke. True, Vizla might have gotten off a shot or whatever, but Maul's other hand weilding a lightsaber would still be free to counter it.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Overall the problem is still like I said, they wasted too much on those childish arcs, so the characterization of Vizsla, Satine and even Palpatine turned stupid to push the plot.

26. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Death Watch is really more of a hardliner organisation. Wanting to bring back the whole "let's go conquer and let everyone fear us!" thing that the ancient guys did. Bo-Katan might be somewhere in between, wanting to have the military mentality of her people but not the hardliner approach. Seems like a reasonable thing to me. Total pacifism is as destructive to their society as hardliner warrior mentality is. Bo-Katan perhaps sees the warriors as protectors rather than conquerors.

And yeah, I felt the spark between them too.