main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.15 - Shades of Reason - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    It's funny to see all this talk of Death Watch and honor. Death Watch is an extremist group that destroyed the True Mandos, the group with honor that actually cared about Mandalorians. It would be cool to see a Fenn Shysa (co founder of the Mandalorian protectors)cameo, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it.

Another thing funny is people thinking you need to use the force to handle a lightsaber. You only need the force to properly build one. However force users are the best overall at mastering their use.

rumblewagon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I get the feeling they might end up trying to push Bo-Katan into being a Mandalorian Protector...

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That sounds really cool. o.o;

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Why does everybody think that? Because she was shocked when Maul killed Vizsla? She would also be shocked if he was only a close friend. Or her brother.

5. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I'ts understandable really. I can feel A spark between Maul and Savage to. :p

Sitara likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh lord... I'd better get a paper bag now.

I really picked it up from the exchanges over the last two episodes particularly earlier in this one when Vizsla comforted Katan about her concerns they shouldn't trust the Maul bros. That silent exchange at the end of that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Also interesting from the trivia slideshow is a concept drawing which has a mural of Mandalorians fighting Jedi.
    [​IMG]

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love how Mando fans hope to see every little detail from EU mandalorian history put in the show. The show cares what the fans want - that is why we have this arc - but it does not care that much to have people like Fenn Shysa or Kal Skirata.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  9. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    A very interesting episode, it is my favorite of the season so far. The duel between Darth Maul and Pre Vizsla was awesome! I can’t wait for the next episode!

10. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    There haven't been True Mandalorians or a comparable group in TCW Mandalorian history, right? In that case I can totally see Bo-Katan establishing it...

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It sucks that they had to go and kill Vizsla...I was just starting to like the guy. :(

Oh well, at least we still have Defenders of the Lost Temple to look forward to.

DavidIX likes this.
  12. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I doubt anyone is hoping for Fenn or Kal here. Less Kal is good in my opinion. I think it's the way of thinking, that Mandalorian warriors are the protectors of the Mandalorian people like Fenn was, that we expect. The idea, not the exact characters is what I expect.

The Clone Wars writers haven't totally decimated anything in the series. There's always a way to explain, retcon, the things that have appeared to fit with the EU. If it had decimated the EU's interpretation, it wouldn't be possible.

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Am I a bad person for finding the image of Vizsla's headless body sprawled out on the floor like that sort of funny?

InterestingLurker, DavidIX and Seerow like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  15. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Nexumaster Yes, you are. Bad Nexumaster, bad.[face_shame_on_you]

Joking.

Is it just me or is Vizsla's body really a bit too small?

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I know, my reaction to it is bad and I should feel bad.

[​IMG]

But seriously, it isn't really funny; I just thought the sprawling position of the body was kinda amusing.

By the way, under the screenshot in the Trivia gallery, it said that this bit with the headless body was removed at an early point in the story for being too graphic which would mean it won't be reinserted for the DVD & Blu-ray release. Only thing is that it appears fully animated on the screenshot so I have some doubts.

rumblewagon likes this.
  17. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    That's all fine and dandy, but where's the head?

DavidIX and rumblewagon like this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why did they keep Anakin out of this? He absolutely hates Maul a lot and Sidious could use it.

19. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Vader?

20. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    We don't know if Maul really dies or if Sidious still has some use for him. In that case it would be nonsense to let Anakin fight him.

21. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Is it me or does anyone else find the design of the Royal Palace really annoying! I love the design and the architecture of it but it's frustratingly inconsistent.

[​IMG]

The Palace is shown to be built within a giant wall. But the Palace Throne Room is made out of glass and etc. The outside of the throne room shows a courtyard and an open city. There is also a corridor that must lead to other rooms and another open corridor that leads just to two open rooms, where Bo Katan makes her escape, I presume there must be some steps that that they made their way down (I remember in the Academy, one of the Duchess' rooms was entered through a downstairs corridor) to escape onto the balcony. Does anyone think they have any possible explanation?

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess you must have overlooked my post mentioning Fenn..

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Sidious said
    Removed. Seerow has already warned this thread about spoilers in the last 24 hours. Please do not post them in the current episode threads. Final warning. Sx3
    in the end of the book and next episode.

Let Anakin fight him will increase his anger and hate again.

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    so Maul and Savage great destiny was to ruin Mandalore ? :confused:

Huyang and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  25. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    I hope not!:mad: