main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    If Jean or Scott are in the film, Singer might not announce it. But given he brought Marsden with him to Superman Returns, I'd find it hard to believe he wouldn't write Cyclops into this film somehow. Especially when we never actually saw in totality what Phoenix did to him in X3. So there's wiggle room on top of the whole time travel stuff.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    They could explain him returning as Phoenix 'Omega Sanctioned' him to live in realities where his girlfriends always leave him for another dude and he finally escaped that eternal torment somehow.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I know someone who enjoys...

TYPECASTING!!!

[​IMG]

Darth_Invidious and Darth-Lando like this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    True, and given what happened to Professor X in X-3 and given that Patrick Stewart's involved in this movie....

Given the amount of cast involved, why do I get this sneaking feeling, this maybe split into two movies instead of one?

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    It's been a while since I saw it so I don't remember too well but didn't Magneto get shot with the "cure" darts? Then at the very end he moves a piece of metal to give us the idea that the cure wasn't permanent? So Rogue will get her power back in time as well.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    For whatever reason I didn't take that last Magneto scene to mean that the cure wasn't permanent ( you'd think Worthington Labs would've found that out somehow in testing ), only that he retained a small relatively insignificant vestige of his former power.

I guess we'll see. Maybe for certain mutants it turns out not to be permanent. ( Like anyone who touched Magneto's machine in the first film, maybe? :p )

That's the other thing. Even though it's seemingly ignored in information coming out about The Wolverine, we know that Xavier survived by using what could be called "essence transfer" in SW circles. And though it's not explained in the film, he went into the body of "P.Xavier", a probable twin brother. Thus it is still a role that Stewart can play even at a point in the chronology after The Last Stand.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    This movie is a First Class sequel, meaning the First Class cast are there and most likely as the main characters, and it's also based on this famous storyline, meaning there's a pretty high chance the "classic" actors are going to play their counterparts in the alternate future, making their having dead on X3 or survived that disaster completely irrelevant.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  8. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    You people are completely missing the importance of this news! Kitty Pryde is back *******!!

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    She better have the dragon, I don't care how they explain it. In fact they don't have to.

[​IMG]

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    V
    L
    M
    I
    N
    D
    A
    H
    O
    U
    S
    E

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Ironic, considering I am not that big a fan of how her midriff is drawn at all. But it's a cool pic. And I am not sure I can picture Ellen Page like that. On film that'll look stupid.

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    what about her cartoon midriff is not up to snuff?

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I find the midriff more believable than the random holes in the pants.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Sometimes exaggerated items in a given piece are ok. In fact sometimes such things can look pretty awesome. But if I were an editor I'd say it is a bit pinched looking right there in the middle of the abs and the jacket is too short. The best part is the face and the arm and the dragon, essentially from the ribs and up. But the general look of the pic is cool.

Ellen Page in that literal costume would look silly(or anyone else for that matter).

[​IMG]

That's about the closest impression she has to my quick googling though her X3 costume is actually cool.

[​IMG]

Regardless. The dragon.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't even remember her being in x3. i guess i've successfully blocked most of that film from my memory.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    where did u get this pic of me??!

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    For some reason I fooled myself into liking X3. But I have not seen it since the theatre release.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Hopefully they'll grab Kelsey Grammer as well. It would be great to see young Beast and old Beast like the current comics have done.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    More Synger quotes, from Empire Magazine:

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I fear I'm getting my hopes too high for this movie, but you know what - **** it. It's been a long ass time since I've thrown caution to the wind and genuinely got super excited about a movie/movie concept. I can't wait for this thing to happen, and I'm expecting it to blow my mind, be the greatest thing of all time, give my car better gas mileage, and stop political ads from returning to Denver.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Lockheed, Monty. The dragon's name is Lockheed.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, if it'll also stop political ads from coming back to Virginia, I'm on board.

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am well aware his name is Lockheed.

24. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That is the most important part. Yay!

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The only thing I truly hope this movie manages to do is to somehow delete, erradicate, completely undo the events of X3. Not just fixing the timeline so that the continuity errors between First Class and the "future" X-Men films are properly addressed. I mean I want X3 GONE! I want DOFP to give me back the two hours of my life I lost watching the wretched turd that almost killed this franchise. It's a tall order, yeah, but given that hope is Charley X's byword, here's hoping for that little miracle.

It's nice having Rogue and Kitty back, but I also would've loved seeing Nightcrawler return. He was arguably one of the best parts of X2.

Souderwan likes this.