main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Simple. They want more of a character they admire or think is cool or is badass...

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    To be quite honest I don't believe that Mace survived his fall, although as many have said if Maul survived than it's obviously possible. I just don't think it would make for the best storyline possible for him to be the main baddie.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Valairy: Also, if certain characters turn out to have survived, the story can take some really cool turns.
    Mace didn't survive unless the third trilogy says he did, though - and I doubt that it will.
    Still, I would love it if it happened.

"He's still alive!"
    /LM

4. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    The only good post-EP1 Darth Maul stories are when Maul goes to the Lars home and Vader vs. Maul. (Even though I've personally never read either of them)

_Catherine_ likes this.
  5. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Okay. Take a chill pill. 1, I understand that this is not EU, but this thread is all about Mace's death. This is not a thread where someone can come on and whine about this not being in the movie. 2, The Clone Wars is not EU. They made a CW movie. The Clone Wars is a TV Show, not a book. A TV show is basically like a ton of small movies. 3, Yes, it could happen! What if he couldn't get to any other Jedi and was stranded by himself and just lived a normal life until the end of his days? He can't do anything to protect the Jedi Order once Order 66 is issued. Now, if he prevented Order 66 from being launched, then yes, he could save the Jedi Order. But he didn't.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    1) Call it whining all you want (I could label your manner of speaking also, but I won't, that is childish to do), it won't change the fact that it WASN'T in the movie. 2) Yes, it is a TV show, but it nevertheless is not the movie series, and does not hold true to the story. Bringing Maul back in a kids cartoon does not bring him back in the movies. 3) Again, anything COULD happen in a fantasy story, but (again) that would be silly, and is not going to happen. Got stranded? Makes NO sense (they communicate when they are worlds apart in SW, from across the galaxy, it is not like he was stuck on a desert island, he was on Coruscant). He could easily have communicated with the Jedi, and would have done so right away given the circumstances. He may have got a hold of them before order 66; and even if he didn't, he would not have even KNOWN about order 66, and would have gotten in touch with them to see what was going on ASAP; he was a Jedi in the midst of trying to save the order and the galaxy from falling under tyranny, and he is just going to up and walk away for no apparent reason? NO. Also, it makes it even more ridiculous that he would have been alive during all of the OT, and was never anywhere in the picture.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    I don't think arguing that Mace didn't contact the Jedi in ROTS was proof of his death is going to cut it. Being electrocuted the way he was and the lengthy fall he probably would have needed a prolonged recovery period. Maybe he was rescued by someone that prevented the fall from killing him. Either way, I don't think he's coming back.

Now this storyline on TCW with Darth Maul basically becoming the Mandalorian leader has me intrigued. Maybe he kept out of sight during the OT knowing that he couldn't challenge Sidious all the while building his crime syndicate up. Who knows but if GL did (as rumored) order Maul's return then it's possible. Also the age wouldn't be much of a factor as Maul was much younger in the PT than Mace was.

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Thanks for the TCW spoiler!

"Thanks, my young friend" - "Thank you. Thank you very much!"
    /LM

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Well, he would have tried to contact them ASAP, so that is good proof of death.

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What would the point of him surviving? He's dead.

11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    For all we know we might find out he didn't die even though it looked like it (Darth Maul) but for now I'm assuming he died.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Page 4, and Mace is still dead.

13. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I doubt it! It would have been cool if he did. I like Mace Windu!

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002

How so? The timeline from Mace's death until the two final duels in the movie (Yoda/Sidious and Kenobi/Skywalker) don't occur that far into the future. Star Wars films don't encompass more than a couple weeks of time from everything I've ever read. His recovery more than likely would have taken quite awhile. After the film ended there would have been no chance of Mace contacting either Obi-Wan or Yoda as both are in exile having cut themselves almost entirely from the galaxy. Mace couldn't have contacted them even if he was alive.

He's not coming back though, so I guess there's not real point arguing.

15. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker was burned alive and lost all his limbs.

Boba Fett was ate and digested.

Darth Maul was cut in half.

Palpatine exploded; twice.

Mace Windu was shocked, lost a limb and hurled out of a window into oncoming traffic. He survived. He left Coruscant to take up residence on Ossus, or somewhere, and is biding his time until the return of the Jedi, oh, what, that was the name of the movie? So, by VII, he'll be back. Honestly, I love Mace and Sam Jackson, so even if he's never acknowledged again, he survived until I see a body. Beyond that, I still have my fan fiction.

Assembler likes this.
  16. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Hmm. Interesting Story. But I think you are using a Jedi Mind Trick on us. He probably died. What are the odds? He got shocked, lost a limb, went into traffic while Order 66 was being launched. If he survived, Vader would have hunted him down.

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Who's to say that Windu didn't mask his presence with the Force?

18. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Vader never found Obi-Wan or Yoda. So, yeah, he survived for me.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Palpy's office was pretty dangblasted high up, yknow? And he's not exactly "Chosen One" Padawan Skywalker at full strength who was able to fly through the sky and grab onto another courscant taxi cab, Windu had just gotten dismembered and electrocuted.

20. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Darth Maul wasn't the chosen one either, and he was lopped in half and dropped for god knows how long. Mace could've easily hitched a ride on a cab. Hell, Anakin was dropping between speeders in AOTC. And I don't really consider it "Chosen One" material to dodge speeders. That's just a Monday afternoon for Jedi.

Assembler and kainee like this.
  21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Personally, when Anakin jumps out of the cab I always viewed Obi-Wan's line of "I hate it when he does that" as implying "Only Anakin can do stuff like this, and he does it way too often, much to his Master's dismay".

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Is this debate really still going on?

He's dead, end of story.

ILNP likes this.
  24. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    -Hand Cut off
    -Electrocuted
    -Forced pushed out a Tall Building
    I don't think he could survive.

ILNP likes this.
  25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Remember when people kept saying Harvey Dent wasn't dead?

Yeah.