main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Maul in TCW Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Actually I thought we would get to see something like that. Back in summer I read that it should be considered that Maul killed Qui-Gon Jinn, who had been Dooku's apprentice. It sounded like Dooku might take revenge for that. But I don't know who said this.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It seems out of place IMO for Dooku to want to avenge Qui-Gon. Dooku is Maul's replacement and he is essentially spitting on Qui-Gon's memory by filling the shoes of the Maul in the Sith ranks. However, I still would like to see Maul vs. Dooku. There can only be two Sith, and Maul did not die. That kind of makes Dooku illegitimate.

I wouldn't rule a Maul vs. Dooku fight out of the question entirely. One may yet come in Season 6. I really don't think Maul is going to die this season. If he does, that's just terrible story telling, IMOr. Talzin helped Savage find Maul, and Filoni has suggested that we will find out more about Talzin and why she was so interested in Maul later on, presumably in Season 6. If Maul dies... then what did she accomplish?

Talzin wanted to help Asajj fight the Sith and that failed. Then she created a monster to help fight the Sith and that failed. She helped said monster find Maul so that he could be trained to fight the Sith, the Jedi and Asajj, but instead they're trying to conquer Mandalore, and Talzin has had no contact with Maul or Savage and thus isn't manipulating them in any way. If Savage and Maul were to die... then what exactly was the point of all of this stuff that Talzin has been doing since Season 3?

If Maul is so important to Talzin's plans, I figure he'll survive and wind up Talzin's ally in S6 so we can finally find out what she's been trying to do - I assume trying to destroy the Sith.

It seems like a horrendous story to bring Maul back into the picture after over a decade has passed, both in and out of universe, for the only thing for him to do is become leader of the Death Watch and then die in a failed power grab.

QuangoFett, Sitara and Seerow like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Maul managed to throw an entire shuttle nearly ontop of Obi-Wan in the series, not only that he threw Obi-Wan across an entire hallway.

He's stronger now than in TPM, though he would still be a better fighter if he had his double blade back.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Grevious is getting curb stomped..lol

SithStarSlayer and Darth Vader like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul vs Vizsla was a better duel than Grievous vs Ahsoka

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Apparently you :p

DarthTalgus likes this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I guess it's me? My fanfic also let Dooku kill Maul to avenge his padawan.

cwustudent likes this.
  9. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I hated that fight so much for some reason! xP Proably because Ahsoka was just A padawan yet she kept making him look like A fool throughout the match.

Darth Vader likes this.
  10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Ahsoka would've been killed if Hondo hadn't showed up.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    and the same could be said about the Battle Droids showing up and rescuing Grievous from Hondo, so in a way, both would have been killed if Hondo or the Battle Droids didn't show up

12. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I know that but the fight just lasted so long. Grievous is known as someone who can take on multiple jedi and come out on top and taking there lightsabers as trophies. In the clone wars she actually fought him one on one for A good minute or so.

13. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    I don't read fanfictions, so the answer is no. I think it was something Filoni has said earlier, but I can't guarantee for that. Maybe it was just a rumor. Or maybe somebody was using your fanfiction as inspiration to insert rumors in the fanbase.[face_thinking]

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We have a crap ton of Maul threads going with this exciting arc. So here is one big thread to talk about anything Maul in TCW instead.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  15. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Seerow Today I was nearly going to ask you if we could get this thread. And now it's just there.[face_laugh]

Seerow likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, I was just looking at the forum page and like the first 6 threads were all about Maul so I thought... hmmmm... enjoy.

17. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    No, don't give him the dbl blade back. Leave that for TPM Maul, aka the REAL Maul.

The animation in this series has improved greatly, but it still cannot match Ray Park's moves in TPM. Witness how jerky Savage is with the double blader. I'd rather not have Maul ruined that way as well.

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't read fanfictions, so the answer is no. I think it was something Filoni has said earlier, but I can't guarantee for that. Maybe it was just a rumor. Or maybe somebody was using your fanfiction as inspiration to insert rumors in the fanbase.[face_thinking][/quote]

I talked a bit of it in TCW forum.

19. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I was quite excited at the idea of bringing Maul back, it is actually what got me into watching Clone Wars. I had not really watched it until I learned about the possibility of the show bringing Maul back, then I went and watched all of the episodes. I think they are handling Maul very well, I think he is shaping up to be one of the best villains in the series. I would love it if they brought the Sith Infiltrator back as well, though that does not seem to be likely.

cwustudent and Darthgoodguy like this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW Maul is the real Maul :p

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    After Sidious shows up, you will know he never changed.

The only difference is just in EP I and before he got Sidious(and Plagueis) as his masters, all he needs to do is just obey their order.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]
    "Pre Vizsla's darksaber. This is the weapon of a Sith Lord. Not as colorful or shiny as a lightsaber; a cruel weapon for a more uncivilized age."

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if we'll see Maul using this much more.

Wonder what will happen to the Darksaber after this arc.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I bet Obi-Wan will return it to the Jedi Temple.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe Sids will take it.

It'll probably just disappear and we'll never see the Darksaber against after this arc.

Sitara likes this.