main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    The entire Obi v Grievous scene is great. I love the way that it starts with "hello there" and ends with "so uncivilised" - it kind of 'book ends' the scene with totally cool Obi humour. It's like the whole business of being surrounded by enemy droids and fighting a Jedi-killing machine is only mildly bothersome for him! Just one of the reasons why I like this character so much. Sigh...

Oops, I'll go get a mop and wipe up that drool. Boy, the floors are slippery in this thread!

obimom likes this.
  2. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    You too, huh? [face_nail_biting] :D

3. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    I'm reading a series of stories that has Obi-Wan in it. It gets funnier and funnier, also it has Darth Maul

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

No of course not! Never mad! Just desperately, sobbingly depressed. ;) Serves me right for hoping for a different kind of Obi story.

I'm really glad to hear you got it flowing well, that's always a gratifying feeling.

I'm planning on posting again in the next couple days as well. Lots to come of Obi-Wan and more with Mira older and on her own that I'm having fun exploring

laloga likes this.
  5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks Ash, you really had me worried for a while.

I just went over my chapter and saw flaws and inconsistencies that will have to be fixed. I'll wait until Val comes back with her verdict and then fix everything at once. Hopefully I'll catch them all.

For some reason, when I look at the chapter in a different format (the format of the PMs) I always see stuff I missed in the format I use for the writing...I guess it's because I'm seeing it in a new format that things stand out more...or something..but this happens every time I do this. :)

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    laloga sent me an AMAZING gif yesterday, that she found on reddit, of Obi-Wan from RotS with that famous sexy, glint in his eyes, and I loved it! But the accompanying added subtext is too racy for this site I think... :D So good!

laloga likes this.
  7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

Yes, different formats can help change how you're looking at it. We're programmed to do things 'efficiently' which sometimes makes our brains lazy through no fault of our own.

Well, you have to write what you have to write. Thinking about that lovely poor man all alone makes me feel like my heart's being ripped out! But that's just me. I would be jumping for joy if it all could've turned out differently. Still hoping one day for a nice long filled out with everything Obi story with a happy ending.

laloga likes this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ash, it's not very well written (well, it was my very first story - and even though months later I rewrote it, it still isn't as good as my more recent stuff) anyway, my very first story is called Tatooine Rewrite on FF...and it has Siri being alive and joining Obi on Tatooine, they marry and live together for I think nineteen years. It's too emotional in places, etc, and I cringe when I see it now, but anyway...there you have it.

As to that gif...can you pm me with it? ;)

9. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, glad to hear your muse cooperated. !! I'll look forward to your post. The next chapter of Lineage will be up within the hour. Siri Tachi is so feisty, even Obi-Wan is taken aback.

10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Share via PM, pleeeese.

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Just a sec and I'll send those pm's!

Reunion rewrite? I remember quite well, I enjoyed it a lot and I reviewed when it was posted here. Quite awhile ago now, I know. It was a great, lovely story. Am I not allowed to hope for another after years? :)

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm baaack. X-C skiing in the snow, 32 degrees, pretty white trees...don't worry all, I'll "beta" Deb's story tonight since I know you're on pins and needles for her update.

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Of course you can, Ash, and may be I'll come up with another story whre Obi an dSiri live a long,happy life together...

I'm serious! If I come up with something good, I'll go for it.

I do have a story idea (for about a year) I'm thinking of startnig soon...with a young Padawan Obi-Wan and of course Siri will be there, but it won't be so much a romance as a friendship.

14. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Hmm, 'feisty' is one word for it.

I'm glad to see that you've managed to get Obi into handcuffs. You didn't happen to swallow the key, did you? :)

15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I am the /author/!! I can make that key disappear forever, and he can BEG me to release him. He's not very good at begging, on the other hand. They must not have groveling and pleading for mercy lessons at the Temple. A decided lacuna in the Padawans; education

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Stubborn man :p He doesn't want to beg to be released. He wants to see what fun things might happen...

17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Excellent point. I think I'll keep him for a while. Observe my new and improved avatar.

Eryndil and obimom like this.
  18. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Duly observed and appreciated...

19. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    what's the title of those stories,Adi? and where can i find them?

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm certain most of my stories have Obi-Wan the hero and with a happy ending. Plenty of drooling where Obi is concerned. No muse but plenty of drool.=P~[face_tired]
    So whats happening ln Obi's thread since the last time I was here? Are you all happy?

serendipityaey likes this.
  21. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    They are at the The Sith Academy http://www.siubhan.com/sithacademy/

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    HI, Gkilkenny! Welcome back!!

Lots of drool going on here. :)

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hi Geri! Where have you been? What's up with previous frozen Obi-cicle? Anyhoo, well the fan base is amusing itself by Obi-Wan drooling while waiting for Deb, Ash and Ruth's chapter updates. They're insatiable readers.

Deb: better "clean up" and post your update (psst: she threw in her cat ;)) for your eager fans.

serendipityaey likes this.
  24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Geri: Hi! We;re keeping warm in the time honored fashion.... it's mainly cold up here, though I guess it's summertime down under, right?
    Deb: Cat???

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    It's a "sekrit" reference, folks. So obscure, maybe Deb misses it, too.