main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Well, if they're Jedi, they - or one of them - could be assigned to sort out some kind of trade dispute, or take down a crime lord in some system, and run into Karrde/Skywalker that way. That'd set up a nice conflict, too, if they're working against each other or maybe are forced to work together. You could even tie it in with canon if you have them take on Jabba, because Jabba is behind a major drug feud or something somewhere, and maybe Han is indebted to Jabba like in canon and has to fight him as well? I don't know if any of that works within your setup, it's just the first thing I thought of. Jedi tend to defend the law, and smugglers break it, so that'd be the obvious conflict/means of getting them together, I guess.

2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    That actually works pretty well. Some kind of war between Jabba and Kaarde that the Jedi have no choice but to intervene in, perhaps.

3. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Yeah, maybe it's affecting the locals on some planet? You know, like drug gang feuds or something, where the police have to intervene?

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I hope Iverna's suggestion helped. I am currently fresh out of ideas. I think my muse took the weekend off [face_dunno]

Anyways. If I did a typical mushy/romance challenge for February would anyone be interested in taking part?

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Sure. That sounds good.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Alright. I will think of some details to get whoever wants to participate writing some plain old fashioned LM MUUUUUSSSSHHH. I'll probably put details up the 1st.

7. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I'll do it...I love writing L/M mush!

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    MUAHAHAHAHA. Who needs a boyfriend to give your flowers in February when you have a thread and you can make fanfic writers write LM mush!!!

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Eh, Valnetine's is overrated. (says the woman with no boyfriend) No, but seriously, If I want candies..or flowers. I'll buy them myself. Sometimes its not to do things for yourself.

Mom sometimes gets herself yellow roses just because she loves them,

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Meh. If I want chocolate, I'll buy them myself too. I see all my friends with their relationship problems and I just figure it's just not worth my time. I'm in university right now, so I don't have time for a boy.

I'm really not one for flowers. Buy me a potted plant that won't die.

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Bu
    Wow, you so sound like me. I was in college 5 years ago...and said I don't have time for boys I have to study. I told mom the exact same thing...that the friends I had were always having trouble with their boyfriends and it wasn't worth it. And...what am I...a college graduate with a bachelor's and 3.42 GPA.

Oh, and as far as chocolate goes...I always wait till after Valentine's. that way its half price off.

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awe yes. Half priced chocolate :p

I went through a nightmare last summer when my best friend was thinking about marrying her boyfriend of only one year - when neither of them had a clue about life and she was (still is) in university. JL knows all about this. They are still together (for now) but there is no way that they are getting married anytime soon due to about 6 months of very rocky times. Now I'm going through some more drama with another friend and her bf. GAH.

I'm going to end up like Mara. JUST when I'm getting successful in my career at 36, some dumb farmboy is going to come in and mess it all up, or so I hope :p

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah, but the farmboy was cute lol

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    lol. That he was.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Make them Jedi or the civilian equivalents -- law enforcement or investigative agent types. [face_thinking]

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Oh, and I've already shared this with Jedi_eyes, but I thought you guys might like it. It's L/M related.

17. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I was always like....Mara and a bird...no...just no...and they should have had someone use write the dialogue...because some of the romance was crappy...almost as bad as Lucas and that's saying something.

Remember the balcony scene with Padme and Anakin. I wanted to gag.

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Hey, I need to ask a favor. I'm trying to find a fic I read awhile ago.

Luke ends up going after Jacen instead of Mara, he isn't killed but the poison
    sends him into a coma for many years. Mara still believes that Luke will way up
    while others have given up.

He ends up waking up and discovers his life is now changed do to the poisoning.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds like a Briannakin story.

I need a boyfriend to give me flowers...just don't let my husband find out.;)

And don't get me started with Union. Although I am happy that an effort was made to show their courtship, it just seemed so OOC. If I didn't swoon over getting my wedding dress I don't expect Mara to do so. Stang, it was like "Say yes to the dress". Uck! And those birds... it was Disney foreshadowing I tell you!!!!!

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Re: Union. I love Michael Stackpole to bits (the author of Union), I even had a short conversation with him via twitter (really nice guy), but the dialogue in union was just baaaad.

I think I know what fic you are talking about. What was it called. Fawning, maybe? Or was it Dawning? It was very good. One of the best fics ever. :p I'll send you a convo with the link.

21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Agreed I was like....eh. No, just no.I mean I love the whole concept of Union. I own it..

And I do wish they'd let Zahn do a Skywwalker family novel.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Union is the only comic I own. I loved the idea and some of the artwork was beautiful, but the entire thing feels like an first attempt at fanfic by a 13 year old. Not that that's a bad thing, but they could have done better. I could have done better. Still, I'm glad we got it. Not like Leia's wedding.

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    There were some good things. The bachelor party.. Mara griping at Luke about inviting trouble

Or as Karrde said: Luke. You can dress him up, but everyone wants to take him out

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    CHEWBACCA HOLDING A KEG OF ALE!!!!!!!!!!!I want that image blown up 1000X and plastered on my wall.

25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    yes...yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.