main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you want Tartakovsky for future SW cartoon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I really like his CW. If Tartakovsky could get that much support from Lucas like TCW did, he could make really awesome SW show.

2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The CW micro series had an awesome style, and I commend Tartakovsky for that, but it didn't feel like Star Wars to me. I'd like to see him make more stuff, just not Star Wars. It went way too overboard, which is the same problem I had with The Force Unleashed 2 (well, that, and the story was abysmal).

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't have problem with it. Many EU got far much more crazy stuff than Mace Windu solo an army. Even in the movie Vader said The ability to destroy a planet, or even a whole system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm well aware some people like that kind of thing - just look at the support Tartakovsky's Grievous gets! - just not my cup of tea. Like I said, I enjoyed it, just didn't feel like what I expect from the movies. I wouldn't be angry or annoyed if he made another Star Wars series though. Not everything is made for my specific tastes.

If enough people want it, they should get it.

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I enjoy 2d GG a lot, he's a really scary villain rather than a dumb clown who got owned by Gungans.

6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    My perfect Grievous would be somewhere in-between the two depictions. I'd have him be a threat, a cyborg monster who hunts down Jedi. But I wouldn't have him be able to take on 5 Jedi at once, including a Counselor, and win. I'd have him be someone who excels at splitting up teams of Jedi, and being able to defeat them in one-on-one combat.

I actually like the idea that enough numbers can take down even the most powerful opponent... but demonstrating that concept with Gungans was just embarrassing.

VMeran and Theo333 like this.
  7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes I agree with that, but CW GG is still awesome.

07jonesj likes this.
  8. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    YES

Esg and Dr. Steve Brule like this.
  9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually that scene is understandable.

Those Jedi were very tired already after fought those droids, and it was GG's first appearance so they were not familiar with his fighting style, and his fanstyle was good against multiple opponents.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he would just overpower everyone like in the CW

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If Genndy made another SW show with the folks who worked on Sym-Biotic Titan I'd be all for that. I can only imagine it would be awesome. The 03 Clone Wars is fun. However Genndy's work is on his original action animation shows. That's where he is at his best, IMO. Sym-Biotic Titan was Genndy's best work to date, absolutely awesome. TCW should look into hiring Mitch Larson and Brian Andrews as writers. Tartakovsky fans I highly recommend checking it out, Toonami has been reairing it. It would be like Christmas if AS revived it.

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Tartakovsky's series was way better than the TCW show now. I completely agree with you.
    Actually, I think it is sad he did not get as much support as the TCW series got.
    Imagine, what he could do if he had the right support!
    I would love to see him do a new SW series in the future.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    AYE!

Samayel_ likes this.
  15. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    N
    Nope. It was good but we've moved so far past that it would be a step backward.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    His new projects are still amazing.

17. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    It would be great if something like the micro-series continued on the Disney channel. Maybe then I could to see a galactic spanning war with massive Republic armies and fleets battling over countless worlds against a credible and serious threat.

Probably not very good odds, but then again I still have hope of the last episode of TCW will be Even Piell waking up in bed and this was all a dream :D

18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think it would be neat if they did an Episode 7 lead in in the same format that they did the microseries to bridge the gap between AOTC and ROTS.

Only instead to bridge the gap from ROTJ to Episode 7 and bring the audience up to speed on the major events of the characters lives and transitioning into the film. Whether Genndy is involved or not, I don't care. It would be cool either way.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I want the guy who wrote and directed the Star Wars: The Old Republic game trailers. They were the best.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Still saying Genndy and his Sym-Biotic Titan team working on a new SW animated show. He doesn't seem to have ever done any work for Disney before however. Maybe Bob Schooley and Mike Corkley, Tad Stones or hell Greg Wiesmen.

21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    This is like Irvin Kershner all over again. Genndy did a competent job on the MS, but get over it already. He's moved on. Just watch the old episodes if you want to see them again.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm ambivalent. Love the micro series, but if I got a new SW series of my choice it wouldn't be in that style.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Hope he will direct the future SW cartoon series.

24. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    No. I liked the micro series because it was Star Wars, but not because of its artistic style (not my cup of tea) or the, er, storytelling. And I'm not a big fan of Hotel Transylvania, either.
    If I could pick a director/art director for a new SW animated series, I'd rather have Kenji Kamiyama

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Couldn't Tartakovsky cooperate with Filoni? I think the two of them could cook up some good SW stuff together.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.