main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Director: check. What major news are you next looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I just realized the next thing I want is something I want more than knowing who's scoring: I want to know what the next thing we'll find out is going to be. I liked how Kennedy said she'd hopefully have something in January and she did. I would love for them to give an approx time for the next piece of info and what that info will be

mes520 likes this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Never thought of that. The original Mad versions of the OT were very funny.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm anxious about the Big 3 returning. I think Daniels and Mayhew are locks as well as John Williams (isn't retired as some errantly believe.)

Aside form that I want to know the release date, but that's probably a ways away.

Next would be general casting. I just don't want any fad celebs like Bieber etc... polluting our story. And I hope against hope that Summer Glau and Chloe Moretz ARE cast -- IMO their combination of beauty, acting ability, and action ability make them exciting actors for the ST.

Darth Chiznuk and Boxster like this.
  4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Casting. Every casting detail is important from here on out, and since I really don't want to know what the story is, that's pretty much the only news I'll follow.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree with you, but inevitably when we hear the cast we're going to get a strong idea of some of the story elements I believe.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know about that. I think you can catch the news of the cast without the story. I mean, if Ron Jeremy is cast, that might mean....

But I think I can read enough in the media to avoid the story and find out who is in, especially with the Big 3, that should be all over the place once it goes public.

7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    ...what? Another color of lightsaber? ;)

8. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Knowing if carrie will dawn the gold bikini again

Darth_Articulate and Lee_ like this.
  9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    LOL, yeah, exactly!

10. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    The cast (primarily the Big Three), the timeline, and some main character names and likenesses.

And that's all.

I don't want to know any more.

11. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I want to know the basic storyline ASAP so I can know whether I can throw all my post ROTJ EU in the trash or not.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The first thing on my list is whether the Big Three will be returning or not. Other than that, I would be interested in the general timeline and maybe a basic premise of the plot.

13. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Timeline
    Whether or not EU is retconned

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Me too. Especially now that we know Moretz got into acting because she used to dress up and role play as Princess Leia initially. It'd be way poetic.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  15. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    I guess what i would like to know if we will see Yoda, Mace, ben, etc as force ghost

16. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Next would be an outline of the movie and cast.

As for those who don't want a lot of spoilers, Abrams is always VERY tight lipped about whats in his movies before they are released.

17. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    ugh.. abrams..... not a fan

18. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Big Three is important to me...followed by the subcast..if they will be doing the next generation

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The cast is the next thing we need to assert. Everything else should be kept secret, in my opinion.

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Did Bobba fett make it out of the sarlaac pit?

21. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Yep, we'll probably get some casting info sometime in the spring/summer after Star Trek Into Darkness comes out. An announcement of the start date of filming and the release date will probably be released around that time as well. I suspect there won't be any other official announcements after that until shooting begins.

22. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Composer?!?! I want to know if John Williams is coming out of retirement.

Who the villain will be. Not necessarily the plot, but who are the good guys going to fight?

23. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    News of the firing of the current director.

Barring that, casting.

24. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Just because the Force is in balance doesn't mean that everyone's farting rainbows and cuddling kittens. So long as there is free will, and power hungry Force users, the Force can still be abused. The Dark Side isn't *gone*, it just doesn't *dominate* the Force now.

newforce and Echo-07 like this.
  25. DanielRJones

DanielRJones Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    The next thing we'll probably get is news of various Bad Robot (Bad Droid?) alumni coming onboard. People like Daniel Mindel, Maryann Brandon, Mary Jo Markey. Followed closely by Anthony Daniels being overheard telling some kid at a convention that he's definitely returning.

As others have said, by far the most important piece of news we'll get over the entire production is whether Hamill's in or out.