main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Breaking: Rondo out with an ACL injury

Breaking: NYJ trades cash considerations for alcohol.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Nobody wins when it's a Heat/Celtics game. :p And though the Lakers are down (by 1) here at halftime, they're actually playing well/holding their own against OKC... it better last.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Rondo out. Chances Kyrie starts the All-Star game?

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    ABC ran a Numbers Never Lie inspired segment (on the Lakers struggles this season) during a 3rd quarter timeout, and this was my favorite graphic from that:

[​IMG]

Hehehehe.

5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    So...Rondo tore his ACL and then played two overtimes on it? Trying to determine where this ranks on the "Epic Badass" scale.

(I may be fined by Roger Goodell for this post)

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    David Stern is the current NBA commish, not Goodell (and is sometimes more fine - happy on Owners than Goodell is)

7. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    "Epic Badass" scale for playing injured, Juliet. Concussions and the NFL and...nevermind.

Darth McClain and MASTERPRENN like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i hobbled around for a month on a torn acl before i finally went to the doctor. still, to play basketball at the highest level on one for any length of time is pretty hardcore.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    During the Sixers/Lakers finals a decade ago, the most non-typical-NBA-player feat of endurance I have ever witnessed in my life was Eric Snow running up and down the court with a broken foot, with the pins literally protruding from his ankle. But, he still played. It was unbelievable.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i think snow wins that contest pretty much hands down.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Some interesting numbers for the Lakers over their past 2 games:

-17, 17, 15, 15, 14- the scoring outputs for Gasol/Howard/Nash/MWP/Kobe on Friday night against Utah.

-12, 16, 11, 17, 21, 15- scoring for Jamison/Gasol/Clark/Nash/MWP/Kobe.... some rather niiiiiiiiiiice balance there in each game.

-28- assist total for Kobe over the 2 games, 14 assists in each one.

-5- Meeks' scoring output for today, which seems like a insignificant amount, but this came at the early stages of the 4th quarter, giving the Lakers a needed bounce.

2 wins in a row is a small sample size, not 100% guaranteed (DUH) to be indicative of a Lakers push to .500/the playoffs, but it's been pleasant to see, especially today's effort, since it was against OKC.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    whoa, kobe starts sharing the ball and the lakers start to look like a team. weird.

MASTERPRENN and epic like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  14. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Before Tom Benson finalized the deal to buy the Hornets, he said he wanted to change the name. Hornets doesn't mean anything in New Orleans. NOLA is a city rich on culture, tradition and a passion for the state so he wanted a name that was more local. Then there's the issue of, even after 10+ years in New Orleans, national media still mistakenly said the Charlotte Hornets. It happened more often than you'd think. New Orleans wanted something that was it's own, not a name that belonged in Charlotte so now you get the New Orleans Pelicans.

15. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

[​IMG]

:p

timmoishere likes this.
  16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't worry, this too shall pass.

(See what I did there)

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I was at the Sixers/Grizzlies clinic on how to not play defensively at all. It was a sick game. Gasol torched us for his career high, but roughly 4 players on each team set career points in this game. We had the lead some absurd number of times like 15. It was really a fun game to watch from a running/dunking/points perspective.

The big news was that Bynum has slam-dunked at practice and is setting a date for starting following the Allstar game. Why this is doubly big in the East is that this news comes at the same time that Rondo is done for the year in Boston. We are only 2 points behind Boston and they just lost their best player while, arguably (aside from possibly Jrue Holiday), our best player is finally healthy and is about to take the court for our run into the playoffs. The Eastern Conference is about to shift, considerably, even if Bynum isn't at full capacity for awhile.

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah, the eastern conference is shifting so that the Heat get to trample over somebody new this year.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Just wait until the Eastern Conference really shifts - when Howard bolts LA after the season and the Lakers tank next year, and then pair the #1 overall pick with Lebron James the following year.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I can almost see that scenario playing out in its entirety.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We can't forget the best part of that scenario - the Tunick brothers, united at last. I can picture them with matching Lebron Lakers jerseys and neckbeards.

tom likes this.
  22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    armen with a lebron jersey... that would just be weird.

and how well would it work if kobe were still there i wonder.

23. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Not sure yet how I feel about the Grizzlies trading Gay to the Raptors. All I know is that our next game is against the Thunder tomorrow and they will beat us by 30 points - give or take a touchdown.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    who'd they get for gay? i mean... who in the world do the raptor's have that was worth him? that just makes no sense.

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Did they really need to shed money of their payroll that badly?