main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    There will be a Grievous arc before it's all said and done.

They are running out of bad guys and unless they create new ones, they will be forced to redeem the once great GENERAL GRIEVOUS- haaaaaahhahahha ( evil laugh).

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  2. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    As I said, they seem to have started down this path already. His appearance in "Bound For Rescue" was wonderfully brutal and powerful. I really loved the scene where he just casually pinned a clone under his foot and then crushed his head just to get a rise out of Kenobi. Very dark. Very brutal. It really felt like the old GG was back.

The only way that could have been better was if that had been a Jedi head he crushed.

Super_Battle_Droid and 07jonesj like this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just looked through every season of TCW and worked this out:

Grievous has been in 12 duels so far. (13 if you count the one with Adi Gallia in 'Nomad Droids')
    He has won 2 duels so far. (Nahdar Vebb & Eeth Koth)
    He has killed 2 of his opponents so far. (Nahdar Vebb & General Tarpals)

The statistics aren't looking too good for you Grievous...

07jonesj likes this.
  4. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    If you count Old Daka as his opponent (which you probably should since she was commanding the undead army) then he's killed 3.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Imo his "win" against Eeth Koth shouldn't count, he was losing imo until his Magnaguards got involved.

A duel is supposed to be between two people, not 1 vs 5. I'm willing to bend the rules to an extent because of how often we get uneven match ups, but not in this case.

What about his two duels against Ahsoka? I'm willing to give him the win in those.

IIRC, in their first encounter in "Duel of the Droids", Grievous just ***** slaps her aside and she gets knocked out. Later, he's snatched her up by the throat, knocked her lightsaber aside and had her at his complete mercy. Only a timely explosion allowed her to escape.

I'm also giving him the win in "A Necessary Bond".

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree with all your points. He basically lost his duel against Eeth Koth and signaled the MagnaGuards to shock him.

And though Ahsoka most definitely did better in "A Necessary Bond" than in "Duel of the Droids", she still lost. It even teased her possible death with a subtle hint of Ahsoka's Theme playing at the climax of that duel.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Updated: I've kept Eeth as a duel he's won, because I'm counting if he used any of his Battle Droids to help him. But I've added both of his duels with Ahsoka as a win.

Grievous has been in 12 duels so far. (13 if you count the one with Adi Gallia in 'Nomad Droids')
    He has won 4 duels so far. (Nahdar Vebb, Eeth Koth & Ahsoka Tano x2)

8. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    If you're counting ones where his droids helped him, then he clearly won against Ventress. She got the upper hand, then his droids shot her. She fled into the forest, wounded, while he shook off his injury and went on to slaughter everything Ventress cared about.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't mean Droid armies, just like his bodyguards, but that's a good point. I just looked at that duel like Ventress was beating him so he had to order all of his Battle Droids to fire at her so she wouldn't kill him, which is pretty much a loss.

10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, that was clearly a loss.

11. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    She clearly was beating him, although it isn't entirely clear on just how beaten he was. He had three arms still, and the rest of the episode showed he was clearly still in fighting shape. We just know that he decided that he'd rather not continue. But yeah, he was clearly losing. So that's a fair assessment.

If it's just his bodyguards, then he and his bodyguards drove off Master Fisto at the end of "Lair of Grievous".

07jonesj likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Okay, I laughed pretty hard. It's okay - he only lost one arm. [face_laugh]

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Hmm, that's also a good point, I'm not sure about this one, because yes, when his bodyguards appeared Kit did leave, but I'd say Kit was beating him for the entire duel until his ship arrived for him to leave.

14. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    You can afford to lose rather a lot of arms when you have a closet full of spares. ;)

True. Kit definitely had the upper hand. But he saw that Grievous + bodyguards was too much, and retreated. That being the same reason he spent most of the episode fleeing Grievous, rather than chasing him.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    There'll probably be a debate on this tomorrow, because it's sorta 50/50 with that last duel, I'm not entirely sure. I probably just want Kit to of won it because he's my favourite character, lol. But every time that Grievous retreats it's known as a loss, and Kit pretty much retreated.

16. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    I wouldn't say Ventress was clearly winning, she cut off a hand but Grievous did go "enough of this" and kick her away, they looked even to me overall.

And how on earth did you work out such a low loss rate, you had failed to count Ahsoka, so what else have you missed.
    Did you include Deserter cause that was a draw with Grievous having upper hand, Grievous Intrigue they faced twice, Kenobi had upper hand first, then Grievous in the tube. Gallia he had the advantage in Nomad Droids so I think it should be properly counted. If you count Malevolence he had the upper hand, ARC troopers was a draw, the Kenobi duel in the kids arc Grievous was winning and I can't think of more.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Why does it have to be a win or a loss exclusively? If both participants make it out, doesn't that make it a draw?

18. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Oct 29, 2003
    Then draws should have been included, not just oh he's lost 2 out of 12/13.
    Biased anti Grievous statistics :p

07jonesj likes this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I was trying to show how Grievous hasn't kicked much butt yet, and it's true, he hasn't. But with duels like him dueling Obi-Wan in 'Destroy Malevolance', 'Grievous Intrigue', 'The Deserter' and 'ARC Troopers', he did evacuate by running to his ship and fleeing, meaning Obi-Wan got the win, and that's why Grievous got the win both times when he dueled Ahsoka, because she evacuated both times.
    I also forgot one more duel with him and Obi-Wan in 'Bound for Rescue', where Obi-Wan won, because once again, Grievous ran away to his ship.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually I love Grievous, he's my second favourite character, lol.

07jonesj likes this.
  21. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Oct 29, 2003
    What?
    You mean Kenobi being kicked away, Cody mentioning fuel canisters which they blew up on Grievous and he just lols and goes forward.
    And then Kenobi flees, evacuates the ship, and Grievous runs to his ship later when he found out the ship was about to self destruct?

In Malevolence if I remember rightly, on the train that little teaser duel, Kenobi fled.
    You really don't get how to judge Grievous, yes in Deserter he fled, but he was able to get away which was the whole point, he kicked Kenobi away and escaped, because he had zero forces and what would be the point in staying to duel, he was outnumbered by clones etc.
    That's why Fisto won the duel, even though he fled.
    ARC Troopers he er, got in his ship after Obi Wan fell off the platform, what was he meant to do. I think he even went and checked that Kenobi had fallen off.

Edit-I'd also say he won the duel with Tarpals, as Tarpals died and Grievous clearly wasn't totally crippled by the assault, I doubt Gungans have the tech to repair him. And if it is counted as a loss then Koth should be a win for Grievous.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I think there needs to be a draw section, because that'd include most of Grievous' duels.

Edit: Actually no, in my list the section where it shows how many duels he's been in, it includes both loses and draws, so it's pretty accurate, because I was just mainly focusing on the wins and kills. But I can separate the loses and draws.

23. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Oct 29, 2003
    I would do it as
    8 Wins - Vebb, Kenobi x3 [Malevolence, Deserter, Bound for Rescue] Tarpals, Ahsoka x2, Gallia I forget ep]
    4 Losses - Fisto, Kemobi Grievous Intrigue (was a draw overall but Kenobi won part 1, Grievous arguably part 2, could be seen as 1 win 1 loss), Eeth Koth, Ventress (i disagree but most will say a loss)

2 Draws- Kenobi ARC Troopers, Gallia Grievous Intrigue (vented out isn't really a fair end)

May have missed some.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    This is what I got :) Actually it'd be quite interesting to see everyone's list and see what they got, because quite a lot of people would have different outcomes.

Grievous has been in 14 duels so far.
    He has won 4 duels so far. (Nahdar Vebb, Eeth Koth & Ahsoka Tano x2)
    He has drawn 6 duels so far. (Obi-Wan x3, Adi Gallia x2 & General Tarpals)
    He has lost 4 duels so far. (Obi-Wan x2, Kit Fisto & Ventress)

25. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Oct 29, 2003
    What are the 4 and 4 for you?
    I really think Bound for Rescue at least you need Grievous as winner, Kenobi was totally outmatched and fled.
    I'll wait for your 4 and 4 before I properly moan :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.