main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mother Talzin (Season 6)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That could be interesting to see.

I agree Talzin seems to be out for revenge although she seems to target Dooku more. I think the show intends to use her a another manipulative power and will ultimately use her as a monkey wrench since Filoni said he planned to show things do not always go according to Sidious's plans.

DavidIX likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That sounds freaking awesome. It's one of my big disappointments with Ep. III that he wasn't shown using Sith spells to deaden the Force sensitivity of the Jedi.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I never understood exactly what was deadened about the Jedi's Force ability. Mace just drops that detail randomly and wants to tell the Senate about it. Was it just their ability to see the future or was their actual ability to use the Force hampered (e.g. Yoda was essentially fighting with Sidious with a handicap and has greater potential than that)?

I always assumed it did not extend beyond the ability to see the future, which I figured was due to the imbalance, which the Plagueis novel attributes to a combination of the efforts of Plagueis, Palpatine and the master of Plagueis' master. Which IMO was monumentally stupid.

I saw again that I enjoyed Mortis in the same way that I enjoyed Prometheus. It was good insofar as I felt like it was setting up concepts that would be built upon later (which I'm still waiting on), but should no follow up come and the tale be left alone, then it kind of sucks because it just raises more questions than it answers.

I felt like another Mortis-esque episode that dives back into the metaphysical concepts of the Force was warranted, and was allegedly coming as of the beginning of S4 but has yet to arrive and I don't know if that was something that would have been on the writers table for S6 back when S4 was being hyped up, or if it's not coming at all.

Too many poorly defined concepts brought up in regards to the Force, not the least of which is what good does the Dark Side do and why would the Jedi only seek to balance it and not imbalance things in favor of the light side? How is too much good bad? etc. Father just seemed to drop that concept without any kind of elaboration.

DavidIX likes this.
  4. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Talzin should never have been in the show. There should never have been any 'magic'. It's just silly.

Darth Sidious is the most powerful Sith of all time. The Sith are the masters of the Dark Side with at least 1000 years of study of the Dark Side under their belt, passed down from Master to Apprentice who builds upon that knowledge.

To think that Talzin should be able to do things even Sidious could not, like say creating a force field then firing lightning safely from inside it (gee wouldn't that have come in handy during the Mace and Yoda duels in ROTS), creating mechanical constructs (a much better darth vader could have been made that way) and most of all, teleportation (Sidious sure could have used that when he was plummeting down the death star shaft in ROTJ) is just plain wrong

Mighella was a good example of a Nightsister, and indeed they used her concept for Talzin. But Talzin herself is just retarded.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and JackG like this.
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Fixed.
    The design for Mighella came from an unused Ian McCaig drawing of a female Sith, during preproduction for The Phantom Menace (This is explained in The Art of SW: TPM).

6. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    Well...yes. And then Mighella was used to make Talzin. They are very similar.

7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I disagree.

It's silly to think that in a vast galaxy there are no other forms of power besides the Light and Dark forces. Besides I don't know if Talzin uses the force in her own way, it doesn't have to be Sith and Jedi related. The force is the force and there should be in an open galaxy different aspects that are unknown even to the Sith and Jedi.

I personally find Talzin's character very compelling and I very much wait and see how they handle her character from here on out.

8. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    Please...no. Just no.

If you are going for something other than Jedi and Sith, first order of the day should be to replace lightsabers with something else. (but no 'magic' please.) How about a weapon that takes advantage of and is built around the concept of telekenisis, which all Force users can do?

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Imperial Knights are lightsiders, but aren't as goody goody as the Jedi.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'm reminded how much I hate those guys.

11. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't understand how fans can get worked up about magic in Star Wars when we had the Emperor shooting lightning from his hands and ghosts popping up since the Original Trilogy. Even one of the Ewok movies from the 80s featured a Nightsister who could transform herself into a raven.

Darkslayer and rumsmuggler like this.
  12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I love how much people get annoyed by the existence of the Imperial Knights. [face_laugh]

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I want to see Sidious deal with that witch. Maybe even have Palps and Dooku team up to crush her. It would be cool to see them do something together as Master and Apprentice

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I think, given Maul now has a history with Mandalorians, he will be sent on a wild goose chase by Talzin to find Jango Fett's disembodied head so she can resurrect him for some reason. Seems to be her shtick.

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe she already has it! [face_thinking] Maybe it was Talzin behind Order 66 with her voodoo and a shrunken Jango head.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Things I hope get touched on:

-Sidious learns that Savage was enhanced by Sith witch magic, which points him in the direction of Dathomir
    -Sidious learns that Dooku took Savage as an apprentice in secret to replace Asajj and attempt a coup
    -Maul will survive S5 so as not to render everything that Talzin has done meaningless
    -Explain why Talzin has consciously avoided Maul. Was she hoping he would be able to deal with the Sith himself? Did she need Maul to be humbled so that he would voluntarily come to her and pledge his services to her?
    -Why had Talzin never sought out Maul until now? Was he an unpredictable last resort to dealing with the Sith?
    -Asajj learns that Talzin had been helping Savage and Maul
    -How does Talzin intend to rebuild her power base?

17. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    She has, in Restraint.

18. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Son, Daughter, Father, MOTHER? Just a thought

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The EU already went that route with another character, I believe. I doubt they would have been allowed to, if Filoni and Lucas intended to use Talzin as "Mother" of that family.

Then she really sucks at perseverance, if she has a necklace that would lead her right to him and doesn't do anything about it until Savage comes to her unexpectedly. She just as soon could have told Asajj to go fetch him. If it were an opportunity to kill Dooku, I doubt she'd say no.

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Sorry I didn't reply to your post earlier. It seemed reasonable at first, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed that Talzin just likes to pick on Dooku.

Seriously, Talzin doesn't have a plan; the galaxy is just one big playground to her. She's like an internet troll in some ways.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wasn't Savages necklace supposed to be a magic totem? I figured it would only work for a brother of Maul or something.

22. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    [​IMG]

23. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    This image makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

20 minutes later: Okay, now I'm only crying.

24. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    But the Nightbrothers are essentially slaves. She could have gone to Savage at any time and said, "hey, slave, your brother is alive; take this magical necklace and go find him." Nobody would have questioned her.

A. Instead she waits until Dooku betrays Asajj, which was only done because Sidious ordered him to do so. How would Talzin have known that was going to happen?

B. Then Talzin concocts a plan that has nothing to do with either Savage or Maul, by sending Nightsisters to help assassinate Dooku. That fails. Did Talzin know it would?

C. Then Talzin sets up a contest in which Asajj can pick an apprentice to help take down Dooku. She picks Savage. Did Talzin know she would?

D. Everything's going fine until both Dooku and Asajj bossing Savage around causes him to snap and turn on them both. He then goes back to Talzin and asks for help. Did Talzin know that the plan with Savage would fail and that Savage would come back to her for help?

Talzin's got this multi-step convoluted plan (A-D) in which every step of the plan was unpredictable. What if Asajj and the Nightsisters had killed Dooku? There would have been no need for Savage and Savage would never have come to Talzin for help in defending himself against Dooku or Asajj.

If Talzin really wanted Maul, she could have just went for him right off the bat, before Asajj ever entered the picture looking for help.

But OOU the writers didn't even know that Maul was going to re-enter the picture that the time that they were writing the Nightsisters arc... So whatever the writers had in mind for Talzin back then would have had nothing to do with Maul. But now he's in the picture and Filoni says that we will learn why Talzin is so interested in him... But was she? He was just a backup plan to a backup plan...

The writers are going to have to retroactively make sense of all of this. And with how they handled Onderon, I figure they'll just be blatant contradictions and things that just will never get addressed. They'll try to pass it off as though Talzin was always interested in Maul, and I doubt they'll address how that is when her plan would be so unnecessarily convoluted if that were the case.

25. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Best post ever! xD

Zabrak 2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.