main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ben and Seha realationship

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Ben and Seha have no relationship.

They spoke to each other once, and haven't interacted on screen since.

Ben's love interest is Vestara, and after Apocalypse I can see Ben not allowing anyone to get close to him for a while.

2. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    What book did Seha appear in? Anyway, I'm holding out for Ben/Vesara. The Skywalker line can't have two goody goodies pair up, its life on the edge that makes their story interesting.

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Troy Denning said they didn't want a repeat of Luke/Mara, so...
    Ben/Ves might not happen as long as Troy Denning is aboard writing SW EU.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    She gives Ben a message from Jacen in Exile. She is on the Katarn/Horn/Hu'lya/Thann strike team in Fury, She appears often in FotJ often acting as Octa Ramis's apprentice. She reveals she had crushes on both Jacen and Valin. Then she infiltrates the Republic building being controlled by LTotS and Abeloth.

I like Seha and I think she should be friends with Ben, and if they naturally end up together then ok. But honestly they could easily slip a YJK series with Ben prior to LotF or between LotF and FotJ. Getting Ben to be around people his own age I am assuming happened often in the years between DN and LotF however we never get to see it since all books in this time period are about the Skywalker/Solo family and the Jedi Council as the supporting characters, with the younger Jedi only getting serious book time if they are going to be killed. Bazel Warv I am looking at you.

If we don't get a YJK book, then a mission where maybe Ben is the second in command to a Doran Tainer or a Valin Horn, with a few other Jedi. Have Ben interact with some of them as though he grew up with them and trained with them. Others can feel he is getting spoiled because he is son of Skywalker, though in the end, they respect him.

By doing this we don't only get to see that other side of Ben's character. And we get other Jedi development. But ultimately I would love to see Ben end up with a character that is different than Mara or a female Han. I am thinking female Bounty Hunter, Ben likes the Bad Girl, a bounty hunter would be perfect. Granted it is kind of like a Morigan Corde

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    And this from the dude who presided over the series that developed their relationship... :rolleyes:

6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Doesn't mean he didn't approve of the relationship. Means he doesn't want to rehash it with a new generation, and that's something I can understand at least.

7. colojedi7

colojedi7 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    I want Ben/Kiara relationship.

8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Honestly, I think so did I.

9. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Developed it in a way to make it clear that it would never work out, making it not a repeat of Luke/Mara.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I forgot about her... from EXILE, right?

11. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Who's that? Oh wait, internet, right.

*Checks Wookiepedia*

Uh, I might be unsure of context but Kiara's father kind of died in a situation Ben was involved with. He might even have helped killed the guy, what with the tackling and the stomach wound.

Not exactly a pleasant basis for a friendship.

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Kiara?

My first reaction was going to be "She's a lot, lot younger than Ben..." but then it occurred to me Ben was way too young for a lot of the stuff he was doing, so maybe the age gap isn't that big after all.

13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Who?

14. Reveen

Oct 4, 2012
    Didn't Han and Leia have a ten year age gap or am I crazy? Maturity levels matter more IMO. Leia had the mindset of a 30 year old and Han that of a twenty something, so it balances out.

But still, there are better pick up lines than "Hey, remember how your dad died and we covered him with rocks? Good times, how 'bout lunch?"

15. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    A pretty young girl in Exile whose father died on Ziost, and then Ben took the little girl and protected her, and then returned her to a planet under the care of Shaker to (a driod) find her a good new home.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Vestara is a Sith from birth so, not the same as Jedi. All force using traditions cannot be compared or labeled as just about the same as Jedi imo.

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    The Lost Tribe of the Sith use the dark side, yes
    They are not evil like Palpatine's Sith though.
    So when I hear someone say Vestara will be redeemed, I have to disagree.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with using the Dark Side. Jacen Solo was right.
    It was when he says, I will use the Dark Side, now obey ME! is when Darth Caedus was born.

darth fluffy likes this.
  18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I know about the Lost Tribe and their evil level. I think most here do;). But being Sith, they're evil enough to try to conquer the galaxy.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I just want Vestara to die. She was poorly written and failed to establish herself as anything aside from a terrible Sith, a terrible girlfriend, and a terrible Jedi. She will go unused for years only to return when Ben has kids of his own as the crazy Sith ex. Ben and new wife will deal with her ultimately killing her. Would love for it to be the wife who kills Vestara, little catifghty

rumsmuggler likes this.
  20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If we are going to discuss Ben's love life in general, we need to have this thread title changed.
    I wouldn't mind Ben marrying a non force sensitive.
    But Lumiya should not have been LOTF's villain.
    Shira Brie should have totally went back into Luke's life and become surrogate mother to Ben. After Luke redeem her, of course.
    I mean, I would never let you fall, but I will chop off your head?
    I would have totally been okay if they locked up Lumiya and after a while she forgives Luke and vice versa. And that force vision/hallucination of Cade is actually Shira...

We need a retcon so that the decapitated corpse is actually a clone.

ArindaRise likes this.
  21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Lumiya was great as a villain I had no problem that she died however. I was more angry about Alema Rar.
    Ben and Seha won't pan out, I don't know why. Seha seems a bit too perfect Jedi and works really hard to have that spot and Ben is kind of the Best Jedi ever but without any effort what so ever.

22. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    What a bummer sentiment. A teenage sith girl caught between two worlds in a crazy situation. Did do some good along with the bad. Not beyond redemption in a story if an author with some creative gravitas is willing to work it through.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Geeze a kinda good kinda bad force user? Sounds like Mara junior, just not as interesting.
    Let's get something original. Vestara wasn't original she was a repeat of Mara. PS if Mara was alive, Vestara wouldn't have been. The minute she double crossed Mara would not have hesitated in killing Vestara.

24. Reveen

Oct 4, 2012
    The situation with Vestara got pretty nasty on both sides honestly. The tail end and conclusion of the subplot was unpleasant on a bunch of levels.

I'd rather that they not create female characters specifically to be love interests for another character. Give them their own goals and character traits before marrying them off like this is a medieval fantasy or something where that's all women are considered good for.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    agreed.
    and let them keep their own last names. No Skywalker agnomen.