main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Does this look infected? Best Season 3 Episode Poll!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 27, 2013.

?

Vote!

Poll closed Feb 7, 2013.
  1. Clone Cadets

1.6%
  2. ARC Troopers

13.1%
  3. Heroes on Both Sides

3.3%
  4. Nightsisters

9.8%
  5. Monster

6.6%
  6. Overlords

23.0%
  7. Citadel Rescue

6.6%
  8. Padawan Lost

11.5%
  9. Wookie Hunt

11.5%
  10. Other (Please Specify!)

13.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So our top 2 for Season 2 were: "Landing at Point Rain" and "Grievous Intrigue". The first was expected, the second not so much. =b

On to Season 3 - I have selected what I feel are 9 episodes that were quite highly regarded by the community as a whole, and I have left 1 spot open with "Other" if there was another episode you felt was better. If you do select "Other", please advise which episode it was. This was a hard one...

2. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Going to actually have to give it to Hunt for Ziro. Cad Bane is awesome and the Hutt crime lords were perfect. Poor Ziro though.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I chose Overlords, fantastic episode imo

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I voted ARC Troopers, I thought it was an amazing action packed episode with great duels between Obi-Wan and Grievous, and Anakin and Ventress. This episode wouldn't have been as good without Grievous, and he pushed this episode to a 10/10 for me. Shaak Ti was a great addition to the two Kamino episodes and I really liked her character. The Clones were great and I liked how they were developed further throughout these two Kamino episodes. Overall a really great and exciting episode!

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Wow, what a terrible list.
    I'd have to say Heroes on Both Sides or Citadel Rescue.
    HoBS had interesting politics; humanising the CIS and giving us the Parliament, which was excellent.
    Citadel Rescue had great action and Adi, Saesee and Kit in the cockpit of their starfighters, yet it also had Even Piell killed. WTF?

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Other - "Witches of the Mist". How is this episode not on the list?!?

Dooku finally gets his revenge on King Katuunko, referring all the way back to the first episode. We have what was definitely the best lightsaber duel in the show at that point - Asajj vs. Dooku vs. Savage. So much red!

And we were even given two bonus duels - Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Savage and Dooku vs. Asajj!

Having Anakin and Obi-Wan follow leads and go to Dathomir was cool, and their dialogue in this episode was especially "on", in what I expect from Anakin and Obi-Wan. We saw Republic Commandos!

The conversation between Obi-Wan and Yoda where Obi-Wan claims "he thought Maul was from Iridonia, not Dathomir" was awesome. For once, the episode itself explained discrepancies, instead of the episode guide!

Seeing Dooku train Savage was our first T/G-canon insight into Dark Side training. It was awesome.

And one hell of a cliffhanger - Go find Maul. The Star Wars fandom erupted after that ending.

This isn't just the best episode of Season 3, this is the best episode of Seasons 1-3.

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    'Wookiee Hunt'. Wookiees are great, Trandoshans are great, this episode is great. The S3 duology finale was great and I think this final episode of the season was pretty much perfect. They brought Wookiees in the show in such a good way & Chewbacca himself was well incorporated into the episode and was utilized equally well. Ahsoka got some nice character development in this one: where in the first episode of the two she was more of a follower, here she was forced to become the leader of the small team of younglings, still without her lightsabers; her fight with the Trandoshan leader was a very good final fight and I like how it was apparent that she didn't want to kill him, yet accidentally did when he refused to give up.

There were a couple of great action scenes in this one; the assault against the floating fortress of the Trandoshans is still one of the best climaxes in the show. The last sequence when Ahsoka and the younglings are returned to Coruscant and Anakin's reunion with her was a great sequence and Yoda looking at them with that expression on his face as they are walking away is icing on the cake. It's such a solid way to cap the episode, and the season, off with.

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Nexumaster You can't mention that episode without bringing up that gorgeous ship crash. Still the best crash this show has given us. In fact, everything in that duology felt really intense and visceral. Combat in TCW can often feel very weightless, but Ahsoka dodging a Trandoshan wielding a shotgun, the blasts destroying consoles right next to her... running through the undergrowth avoiding the countless shots being fired at them.

That one trandoshan who falls and is impaled on a spike. These episodes took the combat to a level I still think is somewhat unsurpassed.

Nexumaster likes this.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO The Citadel is the best episode of S3.

It has everything for everybody - a lot of awesome Separatist elements like Osi Sobeck and Commando droids, it has a lot of Jedi action with a new Saga Jedi debut in TCW from Even Piell - a character that was introduced in a very great way, it has great visuals, it has an awesome appearance from a classic OT character in the face of Tarkin - brilliantly portrayed by the amazing Stephen Stanton and something that people remember a lot about the episode - carbon freezing makes an appearance in TCW.
    It was an amazing episode that I usually go back to the most from the S3 episodes.

Mortis is pure ****. Beautiful **** (poop)! Does not need to exist...

Clone Cadets was a genius clone episode. One 22 minute episode that explored Clones better than Umbara ever did.
    Great interactions and amazing performances...

Arc Troopers - awesome battle episode.

Supply Lines - amazing battle moments, one of the best Jedi of S3 is intro-ed and killed off and is the best Jar Jar episode.

Sphere of Influence, Corruption, Evil Plans and Pursuit of Peace - episode I still can not believe the show spend time and resources into making these, but did not have the time to feature Tikkes in S4's premiere.
    I mean in Corruption - there are a dozen needless characters and stories added for no reason - somebody thought it was needed, yet Tikkes had to be cut later.

Hunt for Ziro - a great episode that made me like Ziro a lot and it was a fun episode to introduce a lot of EU things in TCW like Quinlan Vos and Nal Hutta.

I enjoyed kinda the Nightsisters back in the day, but when I see where it led to - I despise the time that the show wasted on the worst TCW character - Savage - and I would have preferred they spent time on Dooku and Sidious.

Counterattack is marvelous.

Citadel Rescue is a great episode, but a little moments were not good like the way Sobeck was killed off.

The finale is not that great. Ahsoka can not hold an arc on her own.
    That is why Chewbacca was put in...
    That is why I am not waiting for the Ahsoka arc finale of S5. It will be a letdown.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked the Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt arc but I voted for Padawan Lost--the way it really showed Anakin's attachment to Ahsoka, with his yelling at Rex that he wasn't doing enough (whoa...) and his conversation with Plo at the end.

11. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    It was difficult for me to choose between Padawan Lost and Heroes on Both Sides, but I've gotta give it to the Trandoshans.

anakinfansince1983 covered just about all that I think went right with this episode (though I personally hate Wookie Hunt), but I would add that Kalifa's death is also beautifully animated. The lightning was just so perfect and it was one of those rare, wondrous moments where the show actually managed to make me root for Ahsoka.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I voted for Overlords. Extra-galactic location, Force-wielders, exploring the meaning of the Chosen One, Pernilla August as Shmi, Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn. One of my favorite aspects of Star Wars, specifically The Phantom Menace, is myth.

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Padawan Lost - best of the season and best of TCW, period.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Best of TCW for you! :p

15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    If you will not be turned.....
    :p

16. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I must ask, why do you hate it? I think it did a wonderful job as a follow-up to 'Padawan Lost' and I really liked that they sort of touched upon the Wookiee-Trandoshan conflict.

And 'Padawan Lost' is indeed great; the animation is some of the best on the show and the detail is great. I think some might like it just because of the nighttime Felucia battle in the first act, which I'll admit is a great sequence even though it's not the main part of the episode.

17. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    For me at least the wookies felt like really pointless fan service. I thought the inclusion of Chewbacca felt contrived, and as far as I could tell contributed nothing to the main themes of Ahsoka on her own and Anakin dealing with his attachment to her. Padawan Lost honed in on those issues and had Ahsoka realize her limitations- Wookie Hunt put them aside until the very end of the episode and instead focused on spectacle. Truthfully, I didn't much care for that. [face_dunno]

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yup, Padawan Lost gets my vote.

One of the biggest problems I actually had with Wookiee Hunt was that the grappling between Wookiee and Trando, though amazing in theory, just looked really awkward in execution.

Padawan Lost must still be the zenith of Ahsoka-based episodes. Also, Plo Koon and Wolff Pack.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Citadel Rescue. The others just don't quite live up, although there are some good ones (and a few I'm not so fond of like the Ahsoka/Wookiees).

20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Padawan Lost-The visuals were gorgeous and IMO have yet to be matched. The battle on Felucia was great but the characters really shone in this one. The Plo Koon/Anakin dynamic was great, revealing two very different types of parenting/mentoring styles. The original characters were brilliantly written and Kalifa telling Ahsoka off was very much appreciated. There was a whole new level of suspense in the show with this episode and quite frankly the original characters did here what saga characters couldn't do: create uncertainty about fates. The Trandoshans despite their voices were menacing and the detail on Wasskah was simply unbelievable. The final moments with Kalifa's death were incredible, coupled with the most beautiful shot in the series' history. Not just my favorite episode of the season, but the series.

21. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Overlords I'm still hoping for that kinda stuff in Episode VII

22. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    You mean the fighting between the two? I didn't have any problems with that and I thought it was great, but each to his/her own.

And wow, I never realized Padawan Lost was that well liked; still, it's great to hear.

rumblewagon and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think I gave it 10/10 when it aired but I threatened to quit a couple of times through S3, so I may not have been completely objective. :p

The clone duo at the start were pretty good, then it was crap until Hunt for ZIro. Almost got my vote just for sheer originality and Quinlan. HOBS was one of the better political episodes, Nightsisters is maybe my favorite Ventress episode, and the Citadel arc is good.

Still my least favorite season by far.

24. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  25. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I haven't seen 'Padawan Lost' and 'Wookiee Hunt' in quite a while, from what I can remember 'Padawan Lost' wasn't that great, but it's getting such good ratings here, so I'll have to watch it again and see what I think, but I do remember 'Wookiee Hunt' being really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.