main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I just watched Krull.

2. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    wait a minute jabbadabooda you are not even talking about the point blank from 1967, are you?

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    No, tried that too. "Grosse" calls up "Into Great Silence (2005)."

Because my wife has dragged me to every rom com since the mid 90s, I knew I would eventually have to see Silver Linings Playbook. We went tonight to a packed theater. Because I've seen everything, I tend to weep with gratitude from the slightest level of originality and quality writing. This movie has it all. It's genuinely funny and the acting is phenomenal. There's a subplot that gets a little bit out of control, but otherwise one I definitely wouldn't mind seeing again.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    No, the new one, 2011? I found the 1967 one too in the Netflix search. Are you saying I should watch it?

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Smiles of a Summer Night (1955) - One of my favorite "feel good" films.

Bacon164 likes this.
  6. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    yes, i am saying that! how did you find it? i just tried it and i only got the 2011 one and the stupid mickey rourke one.

re grosse: ah ok. it's weird that it wouldn't even be on there, though.

trailer:

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Argo-loved it

The Grey-really liked it

The Descendants-liked it

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I watched Wrath of the Titans very early this morning. It didn't suck as much as I thought it would and the effects of Pegasus and Chronos were cool.

9. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    The Matrix Reloaded and also a couple of Animatrix shorts

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Watched The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists! yesterday on Sky Movies Premiere. Not a bad film. It's from the folks who gave us Wallace & Gromit.

11. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Saw the premier of Sex After Kids at the SB Film Festival. I was talking to the guy sitting next to me and I admitted I had no idea what the movie was about. The following exchange then took place:
    Him: Really? No idea?
    Me: Nah, I just came to see it because Zoie Palmer's in it and I really enjoy Lost Girl.
    Him: Yeah, we got about half the Lost Girl cast in this movie
    Me: We?
    Him: I'm the director.

On the plus side I actually thought the movie was quite good.

Life and Chancellor_Ewok like this.
  12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    [face_laugh]

13. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
  14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The Last Stand. It was a fun watch.

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Last night I saw Doug Benson do a movie interruption of Anaconda. Think a live version of MST3K with Doug Benson, Keegan-Michael Key, and John Hodgman. There was another comedian there who's name escapes me at the moment. It was all absolutely hilarious.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Watched these on Friday and Saturday:

Despicable Me (2010)
    Great idea for a film, loved the 60's aesthetics and the main character's design- reminded me of Tim Burton's Penguin meets an Incredibles character. The film had some really heartwarming moments, too. And for some reason, without knowing, I got the sense I was watching a french animated film. Usually I find something off about French filmmaking, but this was one very enjoyable movie.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
    A brilliant stop motion film by Wes Anderson. Every shot has unique, lovingly crafted detail to it.
    Incredible film all around, really glad I finally saw it.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    "Tais-toi!" A lunatic French comedy with GĂ©rard Depardieu and Jean Reno. Hands down the most creative use of a farmyard animal noise toy I've ever seen. :p

18. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    "Baise-moi" is better :p

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Doug Benson's Doug Loves Movies podcast is by far my favorite podcast in the world.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Little Miss Sunshine: This one is where every single character is quircky to some annoying extent except for Alan Arkin, so because of this, he has to die. Nah I liked it well enough, and it had a surprise cameo from Bryan Cranston.

Rush Hour: Very surprised about this one. I was expecting to be all "meh" about it, but it's actually a lot of fun. Chris Tucker is extremely annoying (though I did like him in Silver Linings Playbook which is fantastic and everyone should go see it right now) but Jackie Chan is a lot of fun to watch. The action sequences are also very well shot. It's a shame that the SJU library only has 1 and 3 but not 2. Oh and it has a surprise cameo from John Hawkes!

21. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It used to be the same for me but How Did This Get Made? has claimed the top spot lately. Sometimes I get burned out by so many DLM podcasts. One a week is great but sometimes he goes to a festival and he releases like 4 in 5 days. I also get bored with all the games sometimes and just want to listen to them talk about movies.

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've got about four episodes of How Did This Get Made downloaded onto my mp3 player, but I haven't got around to listening to them yet. I anticipate loving that show as well. It's right in my wheelhouse, making fun of bad movies.

We need a podcast thread around. I listen to so many, it's not even funny.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  23. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Oh it's great. I highly recommend the Jaws 4, Sleepaway Camp, and Superman III episodes. Jason Mantzoukas is hilarious and literally the best part of that show.

24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Not precisely a movie, but last night my brother and I went to Philadelphia to see "Sunday in the Dark with Joel", Joel Hodgson's one-man show of many titles. In addition to talking about his early life and career and showing footage of his stand-up act, there was a special showing of the MST3K presentation of "Pod People".

"Trumpy, you can do stupid things!"

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    "Your wiener head horse is now ready."

This was the second time I went to see the Manos riff. It wasn't as much fun as the first time of course, but it's still a ton of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.