main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's okay, I think I'll be able to live without it.

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I could give it a shot. :p

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage is still pretty much a lacky bulldozer in this arc. He's like an attack dog that needs a master. He has been used better in the last two episodes.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I think after this arc, Savage will become a recurring character as a Force Ghost. He'll still follow Maul around and they'll spend the rest of their days scaring children for a living.

5. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Or...Maul will be destroyed but at the moment of death transfer his essence/soul/midichlorins into the body of Savage, whose body will morph into the body of Maul (cuz face it, Maul is far better looking)

Then Maul will start using the dbl bladed saber and cit a swathe of gore throughout the entire galaxy.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    But then it's not Randy.

7. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Well then it will be called Mandy. [face_not_talking]

Darth Vader and SithStarSlayer like this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

+ Ghost Battle Royale (with lots of canon-cheese) on Endor.;)

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Caught Ventress 'mirin:

[​IMG]

Will the Dark Side affect my gains?

Do you even lift Maul?

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm surprised his size hasn't diminished back to his normal state by now. I always thought it was short span magic (like the invisibility concoction) that would eventually unravel, and the whole idea was to give Savage Opress the strength which would allow him to help Ventress when they were ready to challenge Dooku. I never thought he would be looking like this, still.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's until he dies.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  12. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    He hasn't diminished in size because the spell she casted on Savage was not to give him power, more so it was to unlock or awaken the power from within.

When Savage first appears in front of Talzin she touches his chest and says " this one is strong" IMO hinting at inner strength, Then she goes on to say several other things: "he has such hate the shear power of it", " look at the strenght in him, the power " all of which I believe are gestures of not only his physical strength but also his strength with the force. Dooku makes a reference about Savages hate and that, that is where he draws his strength from. Which was also hinted at before by Talzin as I mentioned above.

Even Ventress makes reference to his power- " a gift from the galaxy" or something along those lines. Then after his transformation Dooku is so impressed with Savage, he even gives light to a future plot to destroy lord Sidious himself with the aid of Savage.

If it was a simple enchantment of temporary power then in no way does Dooku sense that inmense power. And if that was the case why did she not do the same to Ventress and later with Maul. Savage didn't even show the capabilities of being force sensitive and yet after the transformation he clearly has huge potential in that area. So either Savage was gifted the ability to be force sensitive by this spell or he already had it but hadn't unlocked it or awakened it.

That's my interpretation of it anyways.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    + He has the rawest sounding saber swing in the galaxy...

Original Oatmeal and Seerow like this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like this interpretation. Now I figured that Savage was already powerfully force sensitive to some degree which allowed him to do much better in Ventress's tests. He simply was never trained. Savage, a night brother was perhaps raised in hate and violence. Talzin's spell basically augments Savage's connection to the darkside and strengthens it by removing any of his more positive emotions like love for his brother (which fueled further hate) creating this 'monster' of the darkside. Its really more a side effect for the darkside of the Force that beefs him up into the hulking dude he is as the end of "Monster",

Its easy to see why Dooku was impressed with him. Savage's connection with the force seems really animistic. He goes for a brutal sloppy force choke and a toss like a male lion rams four inch canines and nearly 800 pounds of jaw pressure into a hyena's gut. There is no finesse or refinement. He's just brutal and raw.

I also figure there is another part to the spell which keeps Savage controllable so he always follows someones lead like Talzin's or Maul's. He is getting a little smarter as of this last episode.

Original Oatmeal and DavidIX like this.
  15. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

Its easy to see why Dooku was impressed with him. Savage's connection with the force seems really animistic. He goes for a brutal sloppy force choke and a toss like a male lion rams four inch canines and nearly 800 pounds of jaw pressure into a hyena's gut. There is no finesse or refinement. He's just brutal and raw.

I also figure there is another part to the spell which keeps Savage controllable so he always follows someones lead like Talzin's or Maul's. He is getting a little smarter as of this last episode.

That was a great analogy.

I agree with the bold to a degree. Here's another angle of interpretation:

Remember he betrayed Ventress and he was quick to blame Talzin when he couldn't find Maul.

I think more so than a spell bounding him to follow someones lead. I think Savage follows Maul because subconsciously Maul replaces Ferrell as the last of his blood brothers. You see how he acted when he saw the condition Maul was in, he looked concerned and frustrated. I also believe that Savage knows his place and respects Mauls lead after his last out break of defiance towards Maul.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage seemed like the older brother and took a guardian role to Ferrell while Maul seems to be the elder. How much they care about each other seems debatable to me. That may not necessarily be true but that seems to be the roles. Maul got frustrated with Talzin but still brought Maul back to her as if there was some larger, unexplained plan. It does seem like there is some sort of spell bound loyalty to me there that causes Savage not to see he's a puppet and a lacky. I feel like if he woke up he would try to challenge Maul again.

DavidIX likes this.
  17. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    >fake nightsister abs
    >DAT NOSE

0/10 would not bang

18. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Id like to see General Krell and Savage go head to head.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  19. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Krell would destroy him.

20. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah no.

DavidIX and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    07jonesj Savage has a present for you!

[​IMG]

07jonesj likes this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    A-HA!!!!!!!!!! I knew you didn't really like him!!!

CT-867-5309 and 07jonesj like this.
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I like him, not like him! :p

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't understand your distinction. They are one in the same when it comes to Randy.

CT-867-5309 and 07jonesj like this.