main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fitness, Health & Weight Loss 2013 - Prepare for CVII

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 21, 2011.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ok...we have over a year before CVI...but that is going to be my goal. August 1, 2012....now if i get there before than then great.

overall i would like to drop 70 lbs...but if i get 50 gone, i would be happy with that.

i know what i need to do...and i did it for the last month right after starfest, i lost 10 lbs...i gained four it back. i mean that is pretty average. i KNOW how hot it is in August...so the less i have to cart around the cooler i will be!

2. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    down two since i've been home....only two until i am pre-vacation weight.

3. The_Kwisatz_Haderach

The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2010
    I've got an excellent weight loss plan. Real simple. Just need to quit your life here, and travel to New Zealand for three months and backpack the entire time on only intermediate to difficult tramps. Assuming you survive (and there were moments were I questioned whether or not I would) the weight loss in inevitable. I dropped nearly 50 lbs there (done wonders for my wardrobe!).

But... since this isn't overly practical, you could always do lots of hiking in Colorado. That's my plan. Stay in the gym and keep hiking as much as possible.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    We should plan RMFF hikes or something like that. I would LOVE to get back into that. I was even shopping for some new hiking boots since my last ones haven't been usable for the past 5 years.

My dad and I are challenging each other to go RAW for 1 week, starting Monday. He doesn't think I can do it, and I think his brownie habit is going to catch up with him. We'll see how it goes. At least I'd be able to purchase dried apple chips from the vending machine at work.

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    When you move to Englewood (hinthint) we can go walking in the parks and stuff!

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Feh. I gained back the 2 lbs I'd lost. :(

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... perhaps... anyone hiring around that area??

8. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    You'd be surprised how much I thought about it. I was thinking Appalachian Trail.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    went to the doctors...scale was kind to me. :) down quite a bit from last visit.

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    That I don't know, but somebody somewhere has to be! :D

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm waiting to find out about an oppertunity at work. If it goes well I'll have a few more oppertunities in Denver open up because I'll be trained in a certain area. If not I might consider moving a bit sooner... who knows...

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ooohhh nice. :)

i am holding, but i did have chick filet for breakfast yesterday, i was feeling blechy, so i treated myself! lol

13. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    That does sound delicious. I'm going to jump on the wagon here.

My husband is doing triathlon training and actually racing in events, and I'm going to start doing that next year. Current goal: lose about 30lbs and be able to run more than a mile sans treadmill (I don't know why it's so different on solid ground). By the end of this year, I want to be able to run at least 3 miles and be somewhere in the 180lb range. At least then I'll have some vague hope of competing.

You guys are so motivating (and it's amazing how hearing about someone else's triumphs).

On another note, with people being interested in the hikes, I know of a few good ones just outside of Golden that are easy to get to, and somewhat rigorous but not un-doable.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    once i am not hacking up a lung, i will take you up on that offer.

SO since our first weigh in with the challenge....i have lost.....29 lbs. :) one more and it will be the big 30!!!!! getting there!!!!

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    There was a challenge? Huh? Was that here or somewhere else?

16. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    Hey everybody. If any of you needs advice on the subject. I am currently studying for a degree in human performance. I also have a decent list of personal trainers that can help you out. I can even suggest some good high intensity interval training (h.i.i.t) workouts that do wonders for the waist line.

let me know if I can be of any help.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    here it was last year...:)

18. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    Please please!

19. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    What can I help with?

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd be interested to know about the "good high intensity interval training (h.i.i.t) workouts that do wonders for the waist line". My waistline could use some wonders... :p

21. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    Same here! Also, anything you would suggest for trying to train for a sprint-distance triathlon would be helpful (especially if you know anything on the dietary end, if possible). I've promised I would do one next summer.

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I thought I would drag this thread up, as an alternative discussion place for overall fitness/health/diet, and not just how much we miss the food we're not supposed to be eating. :p

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Losing my job was horrible for my weight. Up until then, I was within 2-3lbs of my target weight. You'd think that with all the free time, I would exercise more and do better, but no. I ended up exercising less, sitting inside all the time, and eating more than I should. And on came the weight again, gaining back half of the total I'd lost before. The holidays were in there too, but there's only so much I came blame on them.

I've been working since Xmas to put it back off, and am roughly halfway back down. But I seem to have stalled. I think I'm not being consistent enough. There are some days I do well - at tracking, and at keeping on target for calories burned/calories eaten. And then there are days I just don't track, or don't stay on target.

Unfortunately, my gym membership expires today and I won't be renewing. I can't spend the money without a job, and it doesn't make sense anyway - the gym was a 25min drive away. It was fine when I was at my last job, being only a mile down the road from there, but now it's just not a good location. So I'm going to have to work extra hard to exercise on my own. What works for me so far (even at the gym) is walking, jogging and running. I just have to make sure I hit my targets for that on my own. However, I am going t really, really miss the hot tub and steam room. :_|

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Overall roughly a 1000 calorie deficit yesterday. If I could just keep that up every day, I'd be set! I did an hour on the treadmill walking/jogging/running and burned about 400 calories there. Between that and a hike I took on Sat, though, my calf muscles are so sore! Makes me less eager to exercise today.

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I guess I still don't understand the deficit thing, I've always been there except when we eat out. My trainer told me not to worry too much about all that, just eat 1,500 to 1,700 a day when I work out and I can eat 1,200 to 1,500 when I don't. That's killed some of the anxiety but I didn't track it yesterday or plan it out and come lunch time I just ate celery and carrots was still a little hungry so had some peanut butter and celery. Taco salad last night and forgot to plan tonight's dinner.
    I go Stevia in liquid form this weekend, been using that in my tea because Splenda still has Dextrose something or another in it. It's so hard to know what's right and what's wrong with all this information that is at your finger tips. Look long enough and you will find something that says it's ok to be a couch potato.