main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah they can be a sith, or whatever. I just want something fresh and new that will have us talking for months about him/her.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Instead they will make a really cool Sith Lord, then kill him off only to have him come back a decade later in real time in a TV show...

3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    HA!

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I want a female Sith Lord at some point, while I am on the topic is a female Sith Lord a Sith Lady? Is a female Jedi Master a Jedi Mistress?

I feel like as stated before we should have 1 known sith and 1 unknown sith, whose character we will meet in 7. Perhaps a group of five Jedi corner the Sith Lord, but the secret sith among the Jedi kills all but the Skywalker/Solo Jedi who are now on the defensive. 1 on 1, 2 on 2, or 2 Sith on 1 Jedi.

5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm all aboard the Sith are coming back train, but I'm not convinced yet that there will Skywalker or Solo kids. I'm not saying it won't happen, but the only reason anyone thinks this now is because of the EU stuff and that the phrase "passing the torch" has been used.

Passing the torch doesnt have to mean within the family, first of all. It can just as easily mean to the next generation of Jedi.

You also dont need kids to continue the Skywalker story, if the story doesn't call for it. By this I mean the continuation can be something like rebuilding the Jedi order to secure the Skywalker legacy. To take the rise and fall of Anakin and Lukes efforts to redeem him, and continue by rebuilding.

So bringing this back in line with this thread......

The Sith are coming back IMO. And the struggle to rebuild will be complicated by their interference.

6. Rogue_1138

Rogue_1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I like this cold war idea. I think you may be closer to finding the right villain to match it than you think.

(Although I'm usually one to suggest that they will not completely ignore the EU, I'm going to describe the following situation as if there is no EU.)

The Rebel Alliance defeats the Empire and eventually splits into two superpowers (we'll call them the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance, for the sake of discussion). Leaders with a political background, like Leia and Mon Mothma, wanted to form the New Republic, but many of the military leaders favored a Galactic Alliance model and ultimately led their systems away to peacefully create the other galactic government. The remnants of the Empire eventually joined the Galactic Alliance, much the way that Japan and Germany became allies of the United States in their reconstituted forms after WWII. Although relations are friendly at first, things have deteriorated over the course of 40 years. Perhaps the sides are at or approaching a Cuban Missile Crisis type moment in VII.

Luke has attempted to build a New Jedi Order that is independent of these two galactic superpowers. However, despite this ideal, by the time the film begins, individual Jedi allow their biases to take hold and advocate joining one side or the other. When war breaks out between the superpowers, there is a schism among the Jedi, with individuals choosing their preferred side. This sets up some of the "what does it mean to be a Jedi" conflict.

The villain is Darth Plagueis, who survived Palpatine's attack and disappeared into the shadows, waiting for Sidious to eventually fall. He has trained a new Sith apprentice. Obviously, Plagueis is the puppet master, and he has found a way, with the help of his apprentice, to manipulate one of the sides. On the one hand, he could have infiltrated the New Republic, setting up a storyline where, over the course of the trilogy, he turns Leia to the dark side, forcing Luke to face his sister in his quest to rid the galaxy of evil. In the alternative, Plagueis become a prominent figured in the Galactic Alliance and, when his engineered conflict begins, reveals himself as a "Jedi Master" who then turns Luke's former Jedi against him.

VII features some clear revelation of this impending conflict. Luke's side wins some battle at the end (akin to the destruction of the Death Star), but it is clear that there is a much larger conflict brewing. The final film ends with Luke defeating Plagueis – possibly with the help of various Force ghosts and not necessarily surviving –and the reunification of the galaxy.

The last couple of paragraphs are a stretch, but I do like the Cold War concept.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well it was certainly implied in the book and in Revenge Of The Sith.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    If they wrote an entire book on Plagieus in set up for 7, I think it would be safe to say that SotJ and Crucible are set up then too

9. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    C3po

They treat him like crap.. Why not kill all of them

10. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013

Umm Darth Plagieus was killed by Sidious. THats in the book and the ROTS

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You could say it was implied by ROTS. However, if anything the book ( and Luceno interviews ) seem to imply that Anakin was created by the Force in response to what Plagueis and Sidious were doing. Though it should be noted that the alternative theory is still possible because there is room for ambiguity, and I think that ambiguity was to some extent intentional on the part of the author.

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True however if one Sith Lord is going to cheat death or even welcome it it was Plagieus. Notice it was written from Palpatine's perspective. In doing so, we don't get what Plagieus is up to. So he may have been finding the true way to cheat death.

Summer Dreamer, Darth kRud and Dra--- like this.
  13. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    Maybe Vader Cloned him to get his secret and save padme?

:p

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like most of what you got here and have even thought about a Cuban Missile Crisis theme myself (although I don't think a direct parallel should be made but more of an allusion.) However, I don't think Leia should be turning to the dark side and I'm still not entirely sure about Darth Plagueis as the villain. I have thought his return through though and if it is the way they go I think he definitely needs to be as different from Palpatine as he can be (other than obviously being evil and a Sith. :D) So whereas Palpatine was the political manipulator and was very out front with his power, I think Plagueis should be more of a mad scientist type who is looking for immortality and a way to dominate the Force itself along with the galaxy. I think a way to go about this is that Plagueis sets up a figurehead in either government so that he is the power behind the throne so to speak (since that was sort of the role he had designed for Palpatine in the first place) while he goes about his business learning more about the Force. I like the idea of a charismatic military leader (think Thrawn) serving in this capacity as the figurehead. I think I would have him as a brash young New Republic military leader who has a rivalry with one of the older heroes of the Rebel Alliance (this could be a role for Lando Calrissian or Admiral Ackbar.) At some point in the trilogy he could stage a coup d'etat against the New Republic leadership and our heroes would have to convince Admiral Ackbar or Lando to come out of retirement to defeat him (a similar situation to when the Roman Senate had to convince Pompey out of semi-retirement to defeat Julius Caesar) while our Skywalker hero must confront Plagueis. I'm thinking of a huge battle set piece in Episode IX where the leaders of the Republic-in-exile join forces with the Galactic Alliance (in this scenario) to defeat the forces of this military leader.

Rogue_1138 likes this.
  15. PANAKIN_Hightalker

PANAKIN_Hightalker Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Definitely digging the thought process put into this...I could see something like this going down (provided they are even gonna go the route of the OT-era heroes inclusion).

Personally I'm leaning towards Kyle Katarn being the lead protagonist ;)

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  16. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Somebody brand new, maybe a leftover Imperial Moff, or one of Luke's padawans gone bad.

17. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Na, Plagueis did it :) Palpatine new it. Just look at his face at the 39 - 46 second mark (this not even mentioning the book)

18. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis was pretty clear that he and Sidious were ending the rule of two.

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I love that the darkside can potentially influence the midichlorians to create life. And, dumb me, I just noticed in that clip for the first time how the performance they're watching looks like sperm swimming inside an egg. The suggestion that the Sith created Anakin is much stronger than I remember. Which could have major implications for the ST.

And "He taught his apprentice everything he knew" highly implies we haven't seen the last of Plagueis, or Sidious, or the Sith.

Or cloning/the creation of life.

Or Vader?

20. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Interesting. It also occurs to me that it's only the Jedi in the films who state anything about the Rule of Two. The Sith don't talk about it, and Sidious (likely) kills his master, suggesting the "rule" is not being observed.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Basically the Sith changed the rules and and the Jedi weren't informed of it yet

Lord Tuvitor and Dra--- like this.
  22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    But our thick-headed Jedi are apparently too dumb to imagine such a scenario and plan for it. As though the Sith are polite enough to inform the Jedi of all their ideological shifts. ;)

This opens up an obvious, and cool, road forward for the ST and the films beyond: The Great Sith War.

The struggling new Jedi Order suddenly come under attack by multiple Sith, which surprises them because they still believe in the Rule of Two and that the Sith were completely destroyed at the Battle of Endor.

If there's one thing you can always count on with the good guys, they're dumb.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Never gonna happen, I would be thrilled if he even appeared

PANAKIN_Hightalker likes this.
  24. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope some bad-ass Sith Lord that makes Palpatine look like a retarded toddler trying to fling his poop at his own reflection in the mirror.

Dra--- and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I mostly want a villain who can challenge our heroes both physicaly, mentally and emotionally. Like a guy who can kick their asses, but also mess with their heads and emotions at the same time. I want a truly engaging and fascinating villain who we can't keep our eyes off of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.