main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well all the Sith are dead, so the solution is fairly obvious:

Zombie Sith Apocalypse!!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Hell Yeah!

3. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Can't do that, my wife who loves Star Wars would refuse to see it. Zombies are a huge NO GO!

4. Vale Man

Vale Man Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    ! want some Mandalorian action, unrelated to the ones in that kids cartoon show.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    :(

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Did I just hear Taylor Lautner as Boba Fett's son? What?

7. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    NNNNnnnnnnooooooooooo!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  8. Vale Man

Jan 24, 2013
    That would make My Abrams suck sense tingle!

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Bo Katan was wonderful... I wish she was Bo Katarn... Kyle Katarn's mom was a MANDO! That explains alot

LawJedi likes this.
  10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis had the lower half of his face chopped off and had to wear a Vader type respirator. Thats kinda Vaderesque :) It seems like the cloning idea would open up the door for no one to die and take away from any sense of urgency but with Darth Plagueis - he was obsessed with cheating death through the force from the get go. There's also the strange delay on the book release, it was suppose to come out in 2008 but they said it wasn't the right time to publish it then waited till 2012. Now it's 2013 and a new film series is coming out? I think it's gonna be Darth Plagueis but wont be too disappointed if it's not so long as they make whichever Sith a bad ass mofo but I can't imagine any other way to bring in a Sith that's an actual threat outside of Darth Plagueis. The no Sith thing just isn't Star Wars.

SPOILER ALERT for the Darth Plagueis book- To correct an earlier post I made, it's been a while since I read the book, it was Darth Plagueis who tricked Sipho Dias into building the clone army not Sidious and Darth Plagueis thought that he failed in his attempt to create life out of nothing and theorized that perhaps the force created Anakin to destroy the sith but it's not clear if it was Darth Plagueis or the force who created Anakin. In the movie it seems to imply it was Darth Plagueis. In the book Darth Plagueis tries to meet Anakin but misses the opportunity so he sends Darth Maul to Naboo to kill Qui Gon to insure Anakin isnt trained by Jedi. This is when Sidious 'kills' Darth Plagueis and just after doing so he feel's a huge disturbance in the force and is immidiatlly afriad that somehow Darth Plagueis cheated death but is then informed Darth Maul was killed and chalked the disturbance up to that. Basically, there's a lot of ambiguity surrounding the Darth Plagueis story line but it seems like that's who might show up as the "baddy".

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But in what capacity will Plagieus be Sith? Still be a Muun or does he inhabit some other form be it Human, or what have you

12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I was watching the cinematic for the Starcraft 2 expansion, and it got me wondering about an evil organic empire this time around, rather than the technological one we got from the previous films. If it was something on par with this, it would definitely be a challenge for Luke and his band of Jedi Knights:

13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    All interesting stuff. The Darth Plagueis book does seem to be creating the possibility of a retcon in the ST: that Plagueis is really the baddest Sith instead of Sidious.

And don't forget possibility (C): It was Darth Plagueis and the force that created Anakin. That is, Plagueis set the events in motion, but the force reacted by playing a role in shaping Anakin such (and events such) that he could/would destroy the line of Sith responsible for his creation.

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    MY BODY IS READY

Actually, my body is just ready for more Bo Katan!

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The New Jedi Order series was built around this- with the Yuuzhan Vong being the extragalactic invaders and would-be builders of the organic empire

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    And most of the EU haters claim it to be one of the faults of the EU.

17. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't see how the organics=evil works with the themes of the Saga.

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not the organic technology that's portrayed as evil in NJO- but the religion of the Vong, what with all the sacrificing and hatred of tech.

19. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Jeez. 27 pages and still no one can fix the thread title? Whose =/= who's.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Apparently Dr. Seuss's Whose down in whoville will be the villains.

krtmd likes this.
  21. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I would think he would be a Muun seeing he was so proud of being Muun, thought of the Muun as more evolved than other beings. In the book he somewhat puts the Grand Plan on the back burner and focuses solely on creating life and immortality. He didnt want to just be able to appear as 'force ghost' he was interested in living in the flesh.

Not Star Wars but you get the idea - manifesting in the flesh via force manipulation - that may be a tad too Sci-Fi for some people:

Or he could re-birthed via immaculate force conception as Anakin was. If he discovered the secret to create life that could be one way. We also see the Witches Of Dathomir, or, a Nightsister, making an appearance in the Plagieus book and more so in the Clone Wars cartoon so I think they may have something to do with the new films as well, as far as Villains. Perhaps Darth Maul's Brother as well, he could be Plagieus new apprentice and the Nightsisters could even have something to do with helping Plagieus manifest in the flesh. I'd like to see Dathomir and Nightsisters. As many dark force users as possible. More women, more focus on darkside Vs light. Jedi Vs sith. The Nightsisters seem to have much potential as far as injecting some intrigue to the new films.

Summer Dreamer and Dra--- like this.
  22. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I have a feeling they might reuse that concept, but it won't be the Yuuzhan Vong, much to the chagrin to those of us that follow the EU.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    So he can't appear but he manages to use the force to immaculately conceive himself?

24. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    What about taking what's going on in the Middle East and throwing in a little twist? Two smaller factions are at war. In 7, the New Republic sides with one faction, supplying them with technology. Then in 8, it's revealed that they were helping the wrong side, so now they help the other faction. At the end of 8 or beginning of 9, the Big Bad reveals he was secretly leading both factions, who join forces and, with their 'New Toys,' launch an all-out assault on the New Republic.

25. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Who knows. I edited that post by the way :) Perhaps with Plagieus knowledge of force manipulation he may be able to manifest with some help from the Nightsisres. This is all speculation I'm just trying to figure out, if they actually used Plagieus as the villain, how it would be done. In the end they might not even use Sith. I'll kinda be disappointed if that's the case but I'm use to that after the prequels ;) I know in the cartoon the nightsisters used their dark side magic to make Darth Mauls brother strong with the force.

Dra--- and Kyris Cavisek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.