main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Future books you'd like to see

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 4, 2013.

1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Agree 100% on this. I would also love to see an old republic novel around the origins of the Sith by him.

Darth Balls and LordDlow like this.
  2. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    ^^^ BIG YES^^

The Sith Emperor Vitiate is interesting as well, hes lived 1,300 years. Plenty of room to work with him.

3. Karohalva

Karohalva Jedi Knight star 2

May 27, 2008
    We Were Stormtroopers Once...And Young

4. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I want a Mandalorian War novel. We could see Revan go from a young Jedi burning for justice to being Dark Lord of the Sith. The Exile struggling to save not the government of the Republic, but all its helpless citizens, and the obstacles she faces on both sides. Zayne trying to remain a pacifist and his relationship with Jarael. Malak being pulled along in Revan's wake. Cassus Fett's brutality, and Mandalore's cunning. Vrook and Vandar watching the Order fragment and splinter. Seriously, this era's a goldmine, it could support way more than one novel.

5. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I want a Ben Skywalker mystery novel written by Stover. Seriously, in LOTF a lot of emphasis was put on his "detective skills", and haven't really showcased it. Who better to write Ben Skywalker during his formative years than Stover?

6. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I thought the same thing once as well. Would be awesome to see a Darth Saga of novels covering the Sith and written by James Luceno. So, it would be like this:
    1) Darth Plagueis (which is done)
    2) Darth Sidious
    3) Darth Tyrannus
    4) Darth Vader (optional)

And they cover the secret schemes of the Sith Order as they operate in the background and shape the galaxy. Like a Sidious book, would love to see more on how Sidious operated in securing the aid of the corporations and bringing about the Clone Wars. Would love to see more on the supercorporations and their operations as well as the species associated with them. A Tyrannus novel about Dooku and how he actually shaped the CIS which would be a good opportunity to give more of a face to the Separatists instead of the faceless droid filled evil enemy. And of course a Vader one but thats mostly to go with the flow.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Tyrannus would be the most interesting. I think you could write it as Dooku still thinking of himself as a Jedi deep undercover and planning to use the CIS to kill Palpatine and then reach a peace settlement. And he almost got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids... He was going to kill Palpatine, but in doing so he would have become a full on Sith Lord. And you could have him looking for apprentices whether it is Ventress or whomever working for him. I think we have alot of potential of the book.

Cronal likes this.
  8. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would also want another series like the X-Wing series.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  9. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Indeed, I find the concept of a Darth Tyrannus novel to be the best idea out of the lot. Getting to see young Dooku, see his corruption, him becoming a Dark Lord of the Sith and him being the public face of the Separatist movement. Seems to have a lot of potential. Really, I would like to see each Darth novel touching upon one of the supercorporations and their races. So, Darth Plagueis about the Intergalactic Banking Clan, Darth Sidious about the Trade Federation, Darth Tyrannus about the Techno Union etc etc. Basically, developing these named entities as I loved the corporations and the races developed for the Clone Wars.

LordDlow likes this.
  10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Bring back black and white morality.

11. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    I would like to read:

- A novel set during decline of the Infinite Empire.

- A novel set in Sith Empire which would deal with the aftermath of the Great Hyperspace War.

- Pre-KoTOR novel about Nomi and Vima Sunrider which would reveal what happened to them after TOTJ - maybe Mandorla will be reinstated one day, like Plagueis had been.

- Pre-KoTOR novels set during the Mandalorian Wars with Revan, Malak and Meetra as main characters - focusing on such themes like horrors of war, fall of heroes, apathy and sacrifice.

- Pre-KoTOR novel set during early stages of the Jedi Civli War with Revan, Malak, Bastila as main characters. It would lead directly to the events of KoTOR.

- Pre-KoTOR novel about Zayne Carrick set during late stage of the Mandalorian Wars or during the Jedi Civil War.

- Pre-TOR novel about Scourge during his days as the Emperor's Wrath.

- Post-TOR novel about Revan's (if he survived the events on the Foundry) journey of finding new purpose and showing how the past choices affect him.

- Another Knight Errant novel by JJM - the first one had a great "novelty" feel with all it's different Sith worlds and philosophies.

- Darth Zannah/Cognus novels.

SaucySarlaac and LordDlow like this.
  12. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    My taste is simple: more Luke, more Mara, definitely more Luke & Mara. We particularly lack novels with them both from between 9 & 19 ABY (where we could see them together before they became a couple), and as married in a few stories that's not galactic-wide war. Yes, we got SQ, but that's only one. Not nearly enough! [face_not_talking]

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    OK you are definitely a TOR guy I get it. I liked KOTOR, hated TOR. Plot was ok, but I
    • Infinite Empire: Nope
    • Sith Empire: Nope
    • Sunrider book: Maybe
    • Mando War featuring Revan, Malak, and Exile: ABSOLUTELY!
    • Zayne Carrick Book: Only if it was comic. The EU doesn't often cross pollenate for some reason
    • Scourge Book: No hated his character
    • Knight Errant: Absolutely however that period was basically deemed unprofitable

So my question to you is why your obsession with the KOTOR/TOR period. It is fertile ground but I think we are going to be seeing alot more in terms of lead in to EP 7 before much more TOR stuff.

14. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

I am not die-hard TOR fan (played one class so far and KoTOR>TOR) but I think it has potential for good stories if authors will get it right. Why my obssesion with KoTOR/TOR? - because I loved all these connections between characters and their backstories in KoTOR/TSL and I'm a little bored with Skywalkers and Solos saving the galaxy for n-th time.

About these "TOR related" novels:

- Novel set in Sith Empire after the GHW - I would like to see it as a link between TOTJ empire and TOR one - process of rebuilding it and feeling of isolation - it is interesting to know that they really belive that Republic and Jedi were these "bad guys" who wanted to exterminate them.

- Scourge book - I didn't liked him so much in Scourge Revan novel but I like how he is portrayed in MMO.

- Post-TOR novel about Revan's - Why? Because his appereance in TOR is such wasted potential. They had so much creative freedom and they made him flashpoint boss :/

Shame about Knight Errant series.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am all for Revan stories... One thing we suggested a while back was basically a KOTOR 3 book dealing with the Jedi still left running around the galaxy after 2. So it includes Atton, Bao Dur, Mira, Mical, Brianna, Bastila, Juhani, and Jollee. I think we could go back and tell the story from KOTOR 2 leading into TOR.

I still like the Skywalker Solo era, but I love reading novels about the minor characters like Corran Horn, Jaden Korr, ect...

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see KOTOR and KOTOR II novelized.

Force Smuggler and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  17. Karohalva

May 27, 2008
    Maybe then Revan's kleptomania would be canon. :D

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Revan entered the Hunting Club on Taatoine, and tried to unlock a chest. He needed the credits in there to buy this droid that seemed cool. But he wasn't a very good locksmith so he pulled out his lightsaber and cut it open. Then went and bought an assassin droid

19. Karohalva

May 27, 2008
    Oliver Sith by Charles Dickens.

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  20. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Something set around the foundation of the Republic would be nice. As would an Order 66 anthology or Tales from the Jedi Archives.

And a story dealing with droid rights.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed we need a return of the Tales of.... Series
    A story dealing with droid rights, that better be in the tales of series cause if it isn't I might fall asleep.

22. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Well it's a case of building a story where the topic can be addressed not just having a few people with clipboards petitioning outside of the Senate for 300 pages. :p

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Heard about the Crucible preview? You might be thrilled about that.

24. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd love a novel on Mandalorians that aren't related to the name Fett. Similar with Jedi not named Skywalker or Solo, it brings more variety into the group and showing that all characters from it aren't exactly the same. It could be set in any time period and i'd read it.

A novel on Odan-Urr and his life after the Great Hyperspace War.

A novel on Freedon Nadd!!! Really, how has so much time passed without anything on this guy?!

A novel dealing with the Exiles arriving on Korriban and meeting the Sith species, as well as eventually taking over.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Ghes Orade would be an awesome mando to write about, Boba's son in law but his own character.