main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion If they have a female lead who should it be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthRuss, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRuss

DarthRuss Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    I am leaning toward Allana Djo Solo the granddaughter of Han and Leia Solo. She would be about 15 or 16 if they base the movie about 5 years after the most recent novel.[face_monkey]

2. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I hope they don't go for 'generic beautiful girl' and get someone with a bit of edge. Eva Green comes immediately to mind, or Noomi Rapace maybe.

3. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Really hope we get to see Allana and Jaina. But i want to see a female Sith character as well.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm reading Fatal Alliance right now and I really like Eldon Ax. I'm also an Asajj Ventress fan. I'd love to see a female Dark Sider or full-blown Sith.

I'm sort of hoping that they take the story far enough into the future to not interfere with the EU timeline as it sits, but if we must see children or grandchildren or Luke or Leia, Jaina or Allana would be best.

Darth kRud likes this.
  5. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Megan Fox...oops...I just fell down the stairs and am a bit cloudy up top...bad idea??

6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The Count trained her as a Sith apprentice in the cartoon series. Wasn't she a Jedi youngling at one point? I've love to see her and the nightsisters in the new films. It was the best three episodes in the cartoon series hands down.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    She was being trained by the Jedi in the comics but the show ****ed with her continuity.

The only issue with her being in the new films would be her age, she'd be in her 70s or 80s even if they only did the timeline 30 years or so post-ROTJ.

8. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm going to say it again... Sorry EU fans but our Protagonist is going to be an as of yet not mentioned daughter of Luke Skywalker's. Ben may be around but expect most of your EU favorites to be background figures... except maybe Mara Jade. I'm putting odds on the name Nomi Skywalker.

This will upset many people in the EU community, but oh well. It'll work better as a film not to have the immense amount of baggage that the last couple lines of EU books built up in the films.

Darth Claire and jedimikey like this.
  9. DarthRuss

DarthRuss Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2004
    Perhaps like Vestara Khai from the Fate of the Jedi Series?

Vastor likes this.
  10. Poli-Sci Jedi

Poli-Sci Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I like Noomi. Good suggestion. You should mention her in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...to-see-in-episode-vii.50008952/#post-50383683

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Jennifer Lawrence is just the logical choice for the actress, going with who is talented and hot (meaning relevant and popular, not sexy/fine, although she is that too) right now; that is what they are doing with director/writer, keep on with it in the cast. Natalie won Best Actress after SW, Jennifer already has a Best Actress nomination, bring her on!

Sorry if I interrupted what was meant to be an EU discussion.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Just insert this shot into Ep. 7. Minimal background CGI required.

13. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    How old does her race get? Some races in Star Wars can get up there, take Yoda for instance. I think younger human female Jedi's are given.

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to see a female lead character. If the movie would have a female lead character, more women would come and see SW, I think.
    We need more female characters in SW.
    Maybe I would even be pleased if they introduced a female villain. I always wanted to see someone like Admiral Daala, buth then in real.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    That's a terrible reason why a female lead character is necessary. Star Wars should not attempt to go after the Titanic crowd.

Personally, I think a female lead would be great, provided that there is a great story to support the lead character (same holds true for a male lead).

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.