main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Episode vii Force powers

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth EL Pollo Loco, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Darth EL Pollo Loco Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    What will we see?
    What would u like to see?
    Will luke rely more on his force powers than saber?

I would love to see force disengrate much like we saw in the force unleashed.

Would love seeing luke stuck in a crowd with no saber, having his rage explode and he disengrate his adversaries

2. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd like to see less Force stuff, at first, and more story-driven arcs. I think I'd be disappointed if it started with some big established Jedi Academy, post Empire. It will be saturated, much like the PT was. There was nothing cool about the force powers in the PT. Soooooooo corny (force push robots and run quick and absorb force lightning with hand/lightsaber (super lame)).

3. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
    I agree wirh ur analysis but I definitely would enjoy some well placed force powers much like the one I detailed above. See luke give into his anger and obliterate a group of adversaries would pretty dope

4. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    That said, some of the powers from Star Wars Force Unleashed were bangin'. I'd love to see some of them.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    There's gunna be a whole lot more force choking since this is JJ Abrams we're dealing with. In fact I created a game called the Star Trek Drinking Game. Take a shot whenever Kirk gets choked. You'll be drunk by the end of the movie. ;)

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd love to see "deadly sight"; causing some dude to explode just by giving him the stink eye.

7. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I wrote this in another thread, but it's such a cool scenario, I want to write it again: Luke is away on some meditation mission or something for the first 90 or so minutes of the film. He has not appeared on screen yet. Just before the gathering of heroes that takes place before the climactic battle sequence, our main characters, young Jedi in training, get cornered and outnumbered by maniacle Darksiders. Just as the villains are about to deal the death blow to our padawans, they start careening out of control in mid-air, are flung around the room by an unseen force, and crash into each other in the center, falling to the floor unconscious. Our young Jedis look at each other, trying to figure which of them did that, until one of them notices something off screen. We cut to Mark Hamill's arm lowering as he opens his eyes. The audience soils the seats.

8. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Incredibly lame. I wouldn't soil myself, I'd vomit.

9. Darth EL Pollo Loco

Jan 27, 2013
  10. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Unarmed Jedi/Sith absorbing blasters with the hand.

11. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Battle meditation. One power that Nomi Sunrider had in the "Tales of the Jedi" comics that I liked, though, was battle meditation. For those of you that aren't familiar, Nomi was a Jedi that lived around 4,000 years before "A New Hope." She could use her battle meditation power to get two people (or, sometimes, even nonintelligent creatures) to attack each other or to see things that weren't really there. Maybe a character in Episode VII could have an ability similar to this?

I would be careful, though: I wouldn't want to make the powers of the Jedi and Sith too broad, or else they might seem too much like Marvel or DC super beings.

Vespasian likes this.
  12. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    I still think the Super Nintendo Empire Strikes Back game had the coolest move, flying the lightsaber around the world while your body stands still.

13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, the Force should now be in balance (unless they retcon that), so the Jedi's powers should be far greater than what we've seen thus far in the movies.

14. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    This isn't necessarily related to Force powers, but what about adding a new twist to the technology that is used to make lightsabers? Instead of using Adegan crystals to create a lightsaber, use them to create a handheld shield or some other defensive weapon. That could be pretty cool looking if it's done right.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    You don't wanna see Luke Skywalker kick the bejesus outta the new bad guys and show everyone who is the boss? We have incredibly different things than what we wanna see in a Star Wars sequel movie.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  16. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    No EU force powers please

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I'd rather they go back to a "less is more" approach to force powers, basically throwing objects, mind control, super jumps and that sort of thing but no ridiculous stuff.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    No, I don't want to see Luke as a literally unseen deus ex machina.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  19. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The light saber is the shield though. I still like Empire Strikes Back when Han shot at Vader and he brushed the blasts off with his hands. Epic. That scene was epic.Who needs shields? ;)

20. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    ??? Ummm, no he would be alive and well and seen in that scenario.

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Force Meditation!

Vespasian likes this.
  22. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    My memory is rusty. According to the EU, didn't Palpatine use Battle Meditation during the Battle of Endor?

Ah, Tales of the Jedi, it takes me back...:)

Anyhoo, I'd like to see new Force powers. Heck, I'd like to see new Jedi weapons too! Not instead of lightsabers, but something complementary to them. Not a (Gungan shield). That'd be... 'interesting'. I don't know.

Now, what I'd not like to see is deflecting Force lightning with a lightsaber. Sure, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu did it and they looked cool, but they also made Luke look like an idiot when he threw away his lightsaber in front of the Emperor.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.