main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They really don't have Rush Hour 2? You need to go to Blockbuster and rent it tonight. It is honestly the best comedy made in the last five years.

2. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Frankenweenie - It was alright, kinda cute.
    Snow White and the Huntsman - I watched this one because THOR was in it and Charlize Theron as the Queen was quite good.
    Hotel Transylvania - This one was really fun, I especially liked Drac's over-the-top accent.
    Runway Cop - Makeover comedy+ action flick, won't win any film awards but it entertained me
    The Suck-Up Project: Mr. XXX Kisser - funny, but the end was a bit disappointing.
    All About my Wife - I dozed off towards the end so I missed some important stuff, might have to watch again when I'm not tired. It was probably the best of the bunch.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There isn't a Blockbuster where I am (SJU) nor can I live stream it off of Netflix. :(

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Is it currently 2006?

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wocky lives in a time warp where everything he likes is recent.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just picked up the newly restored and polished up blu ray of WHITE ZOMBIE. I have sat through this film roughly 2 dozen times and this release was so radically different in quality that it was a rather unique experience.

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, that was the last one I saw in public. The last movie I saw on TV was "Q Planes", a British action/mystery/thriller from the 1930s with Laurence Olivier and Ralph Richardson. It's an enjoyable movie with a fun script, and you get to see Henry V blasting down bad guys with a belt-fed BAR.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Volcano: The one where lava covers Los Angeles, so Tommy Lee Jones gets all grumpy and tells it to go away right now.

Kiki-Gonn and Darth_Invidious like this.
  9. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III

Never have I wanted my money back more from an On Demand rental, only I knew what I was getting into. I have a crush on Mary Elizabeth Winstead and feel compelled in an entirely OCD way to see everything she's in.

Her career has come full circle it seems. From supporting roles in unsuccessful horror movies to leading roles in unsuccessful movies to supporting roles in unsuccessful movies to cameo appearances in unsuccessful movies.

Not yet 30 even, and already heading toward doing bit parts on network procedural crime dramas.

10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    double post

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Pursuit of Happyness

12. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Last Action Hero

Fun, with some good laughs, but way too long. Awesome quote from the Schwarzenegger though (as he takes out the lead villain): "No sequel for you!"

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    THIS IS SPINAL TAP

I had never noticed the lens flare in it before... until the riots, caused by JJ Abrams, amongst the droves of basement dwellers generated awareness of this perceived blight on filmmaking.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love Q-Planes. Ralph Richardson's character was the inspiration for John Steed in The Avengers (the 60's TV show, not the Marvel Comics property!), iirc.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Django Unchained.

It was the usual Tarantino type of thing, immensely violent but also at times quite funny. Nice to see DiCaprio play a villain, he does it well. The stand-out performer was Sam Jackson as the old butler, he was crazy.
    It did go a bit downhill and OTT at the end, but that's Tarantino for you. It also felt like it was longer than it needed to be and the fact the N-word was used almost every other sentence in the movie makes me believe Tarantino was trying to be shocking and radical by using a taboo words excessively (again, typical of him).

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Also has one of the best villain lines of all time:

"If God were evil, he would be me."

17. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Finally saw Skyfall in the cheap theater. Great, great movie.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The Three Stooges: The Movie

19. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    The Matrix Revolutions

I love it! More than Return of the Jedi. More than Revenge of the the Sith. More than The Dark Knight Rises. More than Three Colors: Red. Way more than The Last Crusade. But not more than 2046.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  21. -G-O-A-T-

-G-O-A-T- Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Heathers

Kiki-Gonn and Bacon164 like this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  23. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
  24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Flight: pretty good film. Kind of bittersweet.

25. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Django Unchained-

Enjoyable, if you find QT's peculiar niche enjoyable, but nowhere near as artful as Inglorious Basterds (opening sequence, basement scene, etc.).
    It was basically just the more juvenile stuff from IB but in a different setting. Still thumbs up though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.