main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Right now the cast sounds great. Jaina, Jag, Ben, Tahiri, and Allana. I honestly feel like Allana is often constraining the other characters. However Zekk and Taryn do a good job of basically coming in and being place holders so the plot can continue and the main characters can leave her supervised.
    If I could add two characters to the cast it would be Ashik and either Lowie or Waroo.

2. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    You know what would be great? For the authors to announce and hype book where Ben is gonna marry the mother of Kol Skywalker, and it when it comes out ithappens out of nowhere with Ben waking up with a hangover and a ring on his finger.

Edit: Heh, wrong thread.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Better yet... a busy night on Nar Shada or Las Vegas Planet, Ben, Lowie, and Valin wake up. It was Jag's bachelor party and he is missing. They can't remember anything. Apparently a Hutt has Jag. And Ben's married to a twi'lek dancer...

We could have Star Wars Hangover SOOOoooo Easily

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd add...

1.) Lowbacca. He hasn't appeared much in the post DNT, in fact he hasn't really even appeared at all! Just because GL said no more jedi wookie doesn't mean he doesn't have to appear.

2.) Winter. I enjoyed her in Outcast and think seeing her team up with Jag, Jaina and Tahiri again would be great! Since post NJO she's only been in two books.

3.) Mirta Gev and the Mandalorians. Where have they been? If Traviss was writing this novel I'm sure they appeared. I think Jaina and them made a good team.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Honestly, I never liked Jaina.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Lowie because of the YJK/JJK generation, all that remain are Jaina (focal character), Raynar (Probably in Killik rehab again), Tahiri (in the novel), Zekk (probably in the novel), and Lowie, who should be in the book.

I think Winter would be a good informer character maybe as an informer. And I think Jaina hiring Mirta and Ghes Orade to help with the Lost Tribe problem WOULD be hilarious and fun.

Now I am just imagining this crazy insane strike team. Jag, Jaina, Lowie, Tahiri, Ben, Ashik, Mirta, and Ghes attacking the Lost Tribe homeworld. While Allana is guarded by Zekk, Winter, and Taryn.

I think that strike team would be perfect. Jedi: 4, Non Jedi: 4... of which two aliens, two mandos...

7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Jedi Masters join no one.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    ??????????

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Facepalm.

You are supposed to say Then allow the non force users to join them.

Although it would have helped if I said it in <C'Baoth></C'Baoth> and <Thrawn></Thrawn> Quotes...

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    OK true enough

11. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want Zekk to be in this novel. I never really cared for him. Jag is a much better man for her and thank god they're married now!

Just waiting for the kids to come!

Also what about Tenel Ka? She hasn't been in the recent novels much. I'd like to see the tribe invading Hapes.

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Jag is way better, I relate to him far more. Zekk needs to just become guardian of the Hapan Cluster. I wouldn't be suprised if they kill of Taryn and make Zekk kind of like a surrogate father to Allana, and Zekk and Tenel Ka get married, or don't so Zekk becomes like the Isolder of Hapes...

13. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    It's funny to think that Jagged is now Allana's Uncle and Zekk is a cousin law of her's now practically.

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Let's accept the fact that within 10 years, every human being in the galaxy will be inter-related.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    true, true.
    What if the girl in the throne of balance isn't even Allana at all?
    All they saw is probably a red haired girl in white.

Allana can then become Darth

16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Huh. I didn't even think about that part of Jaina and Jag getting married. Zekk's going to end up as part of the (extended) Solo family after all!

17. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Isn't he already because Taryn Zel (Well, if he marries her) is related to Tenal Ka. How would Jag and Jaina marrying make Zekk related?

18. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    When can we expect Jaina to have children?

19. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I think he mean something about Zekk becoming Allana's cousin in-law.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Alright Taryn is Tenel Ka's cousin. Tenel Ka is mother to Allana, Jacen was the father... Enter the Skywalker/Solo

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    After ST...

22. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Half-Cousins only, though.

23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Aaah, that makes sense.

24. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    And don't forget that Wedge Antilles will be related to Skywalker/Solo/Ka/Fel once Jaina and Jag get married :p

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    How is someone a half cousin. That makes no sense...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.