main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I look forward to seeing it.

JediFalcon , the temple does not have a flight simulator but the 'Redemption' and the 'Defender' do. Not sure who's ships those are. CPL says that if need be, we can have one brought down from the 'Defender'.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Silly Jedi, flying's for pilots. :p

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    The Big R is my ship :p

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The big R. Yeah it is keeping that nickname. :cool:

[​IMG]

5. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
  6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Wazzat?

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    The Redemption...its a Star Destroyer, hence 'Big R' :p

Unless you mean me having the ship in the first place...in which case, it was because I wanted a VSD and this is the consolation prize :p

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Could be worse, could be a CR-90. :p

[​IMG]

9. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh, but the original Little R was a CR-90 :p

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I know that you know...but does Swan know? :p

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't know what Swan does or does not know. :p

[​IMG]

13. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    No I didn't.

14. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Runjedirun likes this.
  15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    On a directly Jedi-related note, I am about half-way done with my unique Form. (the Shien/Makashi hybrid one)

Should I post that in here, or just in the Manual?

16. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
  17. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Will do. Whenever I get done anyway :p

(also, the Redemption I (Little R) is still intact? I guess that gives me more characters to potentially play with)

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry, but it is not... But it was an affiliated ship for the GoL ;)

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Eh, had to clarify :p

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Me. And my GPE-7300 space transport, which was apparently nameless. Oh the plot loops I could fly with that one [face_devil]

21. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Form II/V: Flowing River;

I developed this technique during my training on the old Redemption. Taking the best of Makashi and Shien, it melds them into one highly effective lightsaber-to-lightsaber technique—Daniel Sandstrider, describing Form II/V.

Developed as a counter to perceived weaknesses in Form II and Form V (Shien) combat, this Form seeks to take the best parts of Makashi, and merge them with the best parts of Shien. The Form’s name, Flowing River, comes from its use of Makashi’s offensive techniques. A skilled Jedi using this Form would appear to be moving with the elegance and grace of a river. But they would just as easily jump into a streak of rapid thrusts and parries, as a river will jump into rapids.

Like one of the Forms it was developed from, Form II/V focuses heavily on swift and elegant attacks, using as little energy as possible. Faints and parries are an important part of the offensive for a Flowing River user. A typical tactic involves using these moves to lure the enemy into making a mistake, at which point the Shien side of Form II/V comes into play.

Much likes its cousin, Djem So, Shien uses powerful thrusts and strikes. By taking these powerful attacks, and combining them with the elegance and grace of Makashi, Form II/V makes a deadly combination. In the above example, by using Form II as a way to lure an enemy into a trap, a Flowing River user can use Shien/Djem So power attacks to batter the exposed enemy. This counters the lack of power inherent in Makashi.

However, Makashi has another flaw, in its inability to block blaster fire effectively. This is where the Shien side of Flowing River truly shines. Form V was developed to counter enemy blaster fire, and does so highly effectively. So by taking the techniques used to deflect enemy fire, Form II/V can allow a skilled user to effortlessly switch from Makashi attacks, to Shien defense.

However, Shien is not without its own weakness. It is startlingly ineffective against a single opponent. As this variety of Form V is devoted to deflecting multiple blasters, it is less effective against a single lightsaber wielder. However, by taking Makashi, a Form II/V user can counter that flaw. By using the techniques of Form II, the Jedi can take the attack to their enemy, countering the weakness of Shien.

This has the added advantage of confusing an opponent who believes the Jedi to be using Shien exclusively. For instance, a Jedi can begin by keeping their distance, and using Shien to deflect enemy attacks. This will lure the opponent into a false sense of security. However, when the enemy moves in to take advantage of Shien’s weakness against a single opponent, the Jedi can quickly switch to the Makashi moves inherent in Form II/V to confuse and entrap the enemy.

The Jedi’s opponent will be unable to counter this quick change in tactics, and most likely will quickly lose whatever advantage they may have possessed. And should they bring in blaster-equipped reinforcements, the Jedi can move back into the defensive moves lifted from Shien.

In all, Flowing River, or Form II/V, takes the best of Shien and Makashi, and melds them into a new Form. One designed exclusively to counter both Sith and blaster wielders.

Techniques and Training:

The Saber:

As Form II/V is heavily based on Makashi, it is recommended that the Jedi use a Curved-Hilt blade. This is to allow the blade to more easily be manipulated, for the precise attacks and parries needed. It has the added benefit of allowing a Jedi to quickly maneuver their blade to intercept blaster bolts from
    multiple angles, a staple of Shien.

The Stance:
    Based on the ‘Defensive Neutral’ stance, the Flowing River Stance begins with the blade held in a parry position on the Jedi’s dominant side. The feet were evenly spaced, though one was slightly held up to allow for quick movement. By allowing for quick movement, while also keeping the blade in the best position for blast deflection, the stance embodies the Form.

Movement:

Forward:

As the Flowing River Stance indicates, the dominant leg is held slightly up and forward of the other leg. This is to allow the Jedi to quickly move forward, and attack the enemy. The key is to keep the
    weight on the other leg, and allow your dominant side to move quickly.

Backward:

Reverse of the above.

The Feints:
    As Makashi is where the offensive portion of Form II/V comes from, the user will draw the majority of their attacks from Form II. As such, feints are key.

Misleading Feint
    This feint involves misleading your opponent by looking at an area of their boy as if you are going to attack it, then attacking a different area while continuing to look at the area you were looking at. For this to be effective, look at where your attacks will go throughout the duel, and hit where you look. This makes your opponent think there is a pattern that you look where you attack and may even lure them into a false sense of security.

Misinterpreting Feint
    This involves making your opponent misinterpret your attack. For example, you bring the saber high up behind your head as if you plan to attack his head, then swipe for his legs. This is most effective when combined with Misleading Feint as the two are very similar.

One Handed Attack 1 Feint
    As speed is important to a Form II/V user, this feint is highly useful. By using a one handed slash at your opponents head, you can force them to bring their Saber up to block. By quickly following up with a slash to their leg, you can knock them out of the fight quickly. This is recommended to be performed with one hand, as two hands slow down the movement.

Attacks:
    This portion of Flowing River draws from Makashi, Shien, and (in a minor form) Djem So. The majority of the attacks are the quick and precise style indicative of Makashi. However, some carry
    over from Shien/Djem So, as a way to quickly overwhelm an opponent.

Attacks taken from Form II Makashi:

Vertical Slash - Attack 1

Putting the lightsaber over your head, in line with your spine, bring the saber down, slicing vertically and end with your hands at waist height with the blade in front of your face. This move is quite powerful but does
    leave your body vulnerable for a short while.

One Handed Vertical Slash - Attack 1

Holding the saber in Makashi Stance, swing the saber round behind you so it swings up and arcs over at your
    opponents head. This move should be smooth and should follow through if you can.

Diagonal Hit - Attack 2

With the handle at chin height and the blade vertical in front of your face, bring the blade down at your opponent’s right arm.

Diagonal Slash - Attack 2

Using one hand, bring the lightsaber over your left shoulder and slash diagonally at your opponents right arm. The lightsaber should finish pointing down by your left leg.

Diagonal Hit - Attack 3

With the handle at chin height and the blade vertical in front of your face, bring the blade down at your opponents left arm

Diagonal Slash - Attack 3

Using one hand, bring the lightsaber over your right shoulder and slash diagonally at your opponents left arm. The lightsaber should finish pointing down by your right leg, across your body.

Double Attack - Attack 3 + Attack 6

When in the Makashi Stance, swing the saber round with one hand to the left, then arc it round behind your back, rising so you slash at your opponents left arm, but follow through, arcing the saber back round your back, but lowering the blade so it hits your opponent’s left leg.

Basic Attack - Attack 5
    Bring the saber behind your back, keeping the blade horizontal. The handle should be just below shoulder height. Bring the saber round quickly slashing at your opponent’s leg.

Diagonal Slash - Attack 5
    From the Makashi Stance bring the saber in an arc, sweeping the blade round from the right, over your head and slashing round at your opponent’s right leg.

Basic Attack - Attack 6
    Bring the saber behind your back, keeping the blade horizontal. The handle should be just below shoulder height. Bring the saber round quickly slashing at your opponent’s leg.

Diagonal Slash - Attack 6
    From the Makashi Stance bring the saber in an arc, sweeping the blade round from the left, over your head and slashing round at your opponents left leg.

Attacks taken from Form V Shien/Djem So

Horizontal Slash - Attack 2

Bring the saber behind your back, keeping the blade horizontal. The handle should be just below shoulder height. Bring the saber round quickly slashing at your opponents right arm.

Diagonal Hit - Attack 2

With the handle at chin height and the blade vertical infront of your face, bring the blade down at your opponents right arm.

Horizontal Slash - Attack 3

Bring the saber behind your back, keeping the blade horizontal. The handle should be just below shoulder height. Bring the saber round quickly slashing at your opponents arm.

Diagonal Hit - Attack 3

With the handle at chin height and the blade vertical in front of your face, bring the blade down at your opponents left arm.

((These moves are essentially mirrors of Makashi attacks, but with the target being the opponent’s arms, as opposed to their legs.))

Horizontal Slash - Attack 4

This attack is just Attack 2 or 3, but aimed at your opponents back, and should only be done if the back is open for such an attack.

Horizontal Spin - Attack Higher body

Spin around and bring the saber slashing round horizontally aiming for the higher torso.

Lunge Attack - Attack Body

Holding the saber in both hands, push it directly forward in a jabbing motion, aiming for your opponent’s chest.

Reverse Lunge - Attack Body

With your back to your opponent, bring your lightsaber round to the reverse grip, then place your weak hand firmly on the end of the saber handle. Then push the saber behind you into your opponent’s chest.

Single Handed Lunge Attack - Attack Body

Holding the saber in your strong hand, push it directly forward in a jabbing motion, aiming for your opponent’s chest.

Upper Slash - Attack Body

With the saber pointing down bring the blade from the bottom to the top, slicing vertically upwards. Can be done with one or two hands.

Defense:

In defense is where the Shien portion of Form II/V shines. Taking the blaster deflection training of Shien, it is designed to enable the user to hold their own against blaster-wielding opponents, while waiting for an opening to use the Makashi attacks.

Barrier of Blades: Defended the user from blasterfire and redirected some of the incoming blasts.

Rapid River: So named as the technique is based on rapid manipulation of the lightsaber. The Jedi will quickly turn the blade towards an opponent’s blasterfire, catching the beams on the blade.

Shien Deflection: Simultaneously deflect weapons fire and leap towards an opponent

Flowing Light: The Jedi will move their blade in such a manner as to deflect an opponent’s lightsaber away from their body, while leaving the enemy exposed to a counter-attack.

Blocking Light: A variation of Flowing Light, designed with blasters in mind and developed from Barrier of Blades and Rapid River. The Jedi will move their lightsaber in a fast and accurate manner, deflecting the enemies blasterfire at their allies.

(And that was loooonnnnggg....a note however, the attacks are not of my own creation. I am by no means a swordsman (no training at all) so I have taken those from the Lightsaber Training Manual I linked from FF.N. Credit where credit is due and all.)

22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yours or your Paddys? :confused:

23. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks good, Sky-Guy! I'd still prefer the Makashi stance for defence, though - a narrower target profile and more freedom of movement for the saber.

24. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    Good mornin', shiny Jedi Lovelies. I'm back to normal here. Wife's grandpa is okay, and we really appreciate all the good thoughts yall sent our way. Went and saw my brother-in-law at college yesterday and got the first 500 highway miles on the brand new car, and still got to bed in time to toss and turn all night worrying about when my alarm was going to go off...*sigh*. Not a bad day, though. Not bad at all.

BultarSwan likes this.
  25. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi, Bones! Glad to hear everything's OK with your wife's grandfather, but hope you're not too tired!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.