main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone else annoyed...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    So that would be the TCW episode with Kathryn Bigelow as the guest director?

2. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    No. Doesn't bother me. Out with the old, in with the new.

3. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree!

There are plenty of other characters to go around and have their own little spot light. I'm sick and tired Anakin, Asohka and Obi-wan forced down our throats.

We need more villains, clone troopers and other supporting cast characters to get more attention and be the main characters once in a while..Come on Filoni and GL[face_dunno]

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There is just to many characters fighting for screen time IMO. Yeah its cool seeing the background Jedi and they should ride shotgun from time to time, particularly ones like Barriss and Plo who orbit story arcs TCW has rolling like Ahsoka's. However the focus needs to stay central to those arcs and the characters who move them. I would like to see more OC's added and reused to increase the possibilities for exploration and add more unpredictability. I know that's a horse been dead 2 years from me but I can't help beating it. I also want to see more villain centric episodes. This Maul arc increases my desire for those. Oh and yes. More clones! More clones! MORE CLONES!

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That horse rides still! And it's one whose regular beating I support.

Look at S5. Most of the story arcs have been focused heavily on OCs. LFA needs more of this, quite frankly.

I think a strong focus on the main characters is good. However, it would be beneficial to involve the secondary Jedi characters more. That sort of embellishment broadens the scope of the story, and the characters can serve as foils to the leads while allowing them to retain the focus on them. The example of Barriss and Ahsoka is often brought up, with Barriss being the placid dogmatist to Ahsoka's unorthodox rule-bender.

More important, I'd say, is a need on LFA's part to plan its seasons better, perhaps with extended runs of more than 24 episodes and multiple back-to-back broadcasts. This way we could return to purported main characters like Rex more often, not to mention the various secondary characters like Barriss and Plo, without having to wait years between main appearances.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The diversity of characters this season has been great in comparison to prior seasons. Obi-Wan and Anakin have hardly been in it at all, and I can't remember any appearances by Padme or Jar Jar this season. Unfortunately, many of the characters that have been featured just aren't my cup of tea, such as Gascon, WAC-47 and D-Squad, Maul, Savage, and Death Watch.

That's always a problem for me, I'm just not interested in much of what TCW has going on. Ventress is the only consistent presence that interests me.

I like EU Luminara, but now that I think about it I have no desire to see her in TCW, they're just different characters.

I like Grievous, just not usually what TCW does with him.

I like Mace Windu and Yoda, but they're glued to Coruscant most of the time.

I like Barriss, but she's been forgotten.

Mar Tuuk, doesn't look like he's ever coming back.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "Rocko, road some carrion into fame." - And no more flat ones like Saw and Steela.

That's fine to involve more secondary Jedi but we're now 5 seasons in. TCW needs to keep rolling with established characters. Although its cool to see Jedi like Fisto my problem with them is they don't add as much unpredictability as I'd like to see. That's my number one complaint. That's why I suspend reality and charge up my lame filter to go into many episodes and its one of the reasons why TCW still tends to feel like a kids show. That's not to say I actually expect anything extreme to happen.

I'm not so sure increasing episode times or the number of episodes per season will really solve the problem of how long it takes to get more of the stuff we want, or in some cases to get anything at all. I've always been impressed by the variety of ideas and subject matter TCW has in it. One ep its clones vs droids and the next we're on a mythical planet of force beings and then we're off to tackle the issues of slavery in the galaxy. That's incredible variety for a show like this. I like that in TCW and don't want that to stop however we're 5 seasons in and need focus which is one reason I'm thinking more about full season arcs with some eps done in the style of "Massacre", "Bounty", "Brothers", and "Revenge". Then some as linear as this Maul arc we're in the middle of. And that's dangerous thinking considering season 5's problem is the back to back four part arcs. Feels like we've barely gone anywhere this season and yet its going to be over on like the 8th?

QuangoFett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.