main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Sword of the Jedi by Christie Golden

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Yup, that is why I want Syal Antilles to marry Valin Horn already so we can have the Skywalker/Solo/Ka/Fel/Antilles/(Horn) family. Not to mention then you would still have Myri and Jysella plus all the Fel kids to extend the family even more... Ugh...

Is it sad that I not only do I know the Skywalker royal family but I also know the Shakespearian British Monarchy like this?

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Yeah...I bet by the time we catch up to Legacy, we will see that pretty much every major character is related to one another. I bet then the Skywalker family will be more confusing than the British Monarchy! [face_laugh]

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    ....Oh my....
    wait a second.....
    Wedge is technically related to Bail Organa, Winter and Tycho once Jag and Jain get married according to this chart O_O

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    No the 1,2,3 and 4 are adoptions. Leia was adopted by the Organa Family, Han was adopted into Chewie's family, Nat and Droo adopted 2 kids, plus Droo had a previous daughter. Then Luke sponsored Gariel Capistan, only to see her like twice. So no Winter and Tycho aren't officially related to Wedge. However Wedge and Luke have the same title to the Jaina/Jag pairing which is Uncle/Uncle-in-law... Things to think about

6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    That's a really cool chart. I hate to nitpick it since it's so well done, but that's what we do, right? AFAIK, Breha and Raymus being Bail Antilles' children is complete fanon. Breha and Raymus aren't even siblings; they're confirmed to be related, but I think that's it. Otherwise, good on Modi. ;) Although Shoran, Dryanta, and Jowdrrl totally have pictures!

7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Da hell. whoever made that should be commended with a medal.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    There may be a more updated chart, they don't have the Zels in there either. Just google skywalker family tree.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jaina and Jag have already gotten married

10. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Have they consumated their marriage?

11. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Technically we didn't see the marriage. It's like Jedi Prince. What if something happened? [face_thinking]

Well through adoption they are. Not biologically, but Wedge is technically already distantly related to Tycho now. And I bet he doesn't even know it. Wait a second.....Wedge is related to Jag. Wedge is related to Bail (How we don't know. Unless someone else does and I'm just not as well versed in the EU). Bail is the son of Bail. Bail adopted Leia. Leia had Jaina.......[face_sick]

Yeah....I just traced Star Wars lineage back so far that I found out that Jain and Jag are distantly related. Damn you Bail. I won't be able to read Jaina and Jag scenes again.

12. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    That tree's missing Ben and Jaina's late Uncle Luuke.

13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    ...you know adopting someone doesn't make them a blood relative, right? There is absolutely zero squick there. And I've never heard of Wedge being related to Bail in any way.

14. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Yeah I know I know. Still related through papers. And I just assumed Antilles is related to an Antilles. Why else would they be of the last name Antilles? Unless, like I said, it's stated somewhere the two Antilles are not related.

15. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    It is actually. In X-Wing: Wraith Squadron, a protocal droid that worked for that Antilles starts working for Wraith Squadron tells Wedge what a pleasure it will be to work for another Antilles, even if they aren't related.

16. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Ahh. I haven't read the Wraith Squadron books yet. I was meaning to get to that recently. Well that ends my crazy idea [face_relieved]

17. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    But we have seen Jag and Jaina after FOTJ and the they were married...

Anyways, I am really excited for this series.

18. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Umm not in any book that out yet. :p anyways I was just joking about the Jedi Prince refernece. Of course they are married, why wouldn't they be? Can't wait to see more Jaina action! She's been my favorite EU character besides Jacen.

19. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    credar and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  20. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Sure it does. It means your parent's half-sibling's child. I have like 7 of them. We have one grandparent in common, not two. On the other hand, I've never really thought of them or considered them as anything other than my cousins. It sort of seems like an arbitrary difference when it's at a cousin rather than sibling difference.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Don't worry, he was hired to do the maps for the Atlas. He's been rewarded :p

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Is Sheltay Retrac really Winter's mother?

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Wow, I guess that is true. Wait who were we discussing? LOLZ

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Except when what makes them half-cousins is because they're Half-Twi'lek. Then the difference is something you'll notice. :p

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think you would, I mean if they are family, then they are family. I have biracial cousins and I barely notice anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.