main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah, it's that 'Bound for Rescue' duel I'm still not sure about, I put it down as a draw because both of them evacuated, Grievous did have the upper hand, yes, but then he ran away when Obi-Wan said the ship was gonna blow up. The other draw I put down for Obi-Wan was the one from 'Destroy Malevolence', it was short, but both of them quickly ran away. And I also put the second duel between him and Obi-Wan in 'Grievous Intrigue' as a draw too.
    I put down 'ARC Troopers' and 'The Deserter' as losses against Obi-Wan, I guess the one from 'ARC Troopers' could be heading towards a draw, but Grievous didn't stop and wait for Obi-Wan to come back and fight him, because I'm he sure knew he wouldn't be dead, but yeah, still not sure about this one too. He retreated in 'The Deserter' when he could've stayed and fought.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Destroy - Kenobi sends droideka spinning, Grievous grabs and smashes it, Kenobi runs.
    Grievous chases him across trains, Kenobi ends up on his back with Grievous about to kill him and he slides off the train onto the one below.
    At no point did Grievous flee, save for end when ship blew up of course but that's irrelevant.

ARC Troopers Grievous had no way to know that some wild beast would give Kenobi a ride back up, so he left, even if Kenobi was alive in the ocean there's no way back up, or at least not immediately.
    Deserter he needed to get away before the tank was able to fire at his shuttle again, Kenobi's whole aim was to stop Grievous getting away, so at the very least it's a draw not a loss for Grievous.

If Deserter is a win for Kenobi, then Fisto and Koth would be wins for Grievous which I disagree with.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Damn, I completely forgot that he had three duels in 'Lair of Grievous', so +1 loss for when Kit and Nahdar fought him and cut his legs off.

4. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    At the very least, the Fisto duel was a draw. Grievous wasn't defeated, nor did he flee. But since you seem to be counting a retreat as synonymous with loss in "Bound For Rescue", consistency obligates you to count the same as the same here.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Fisto duel was a win for Grievous. Fact of the matter is that Fisto escaped with all of his forced dead, Grievous standing proud and angry... only downside to the aftermath is that Dooku acted like a troll to Grievous.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I meant the duel at the start of the episode where the Clones attached wires to him and Kit cut off his legs and Grievous swung across the roof to escape so he could go and get repaired.

7. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    In that case, you should make that a little more clear, and add the duel where Grievous forced Fisto to retreat to the win list.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That was a draw. Grievous lived and escaped and came back with a vengeance.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Well if that's the case then nearly every single one of his duels has been a draw, because he always escapes, never dies and comes back with a vengeance.

10. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    I agree that Grievous lost the battle at the start of the episode. But, by the standards we are using, he won the one at the end, and should get credit for it.

11. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The Ventress duel could go both ways.

Grievous won in the sense that his army was victorious over Ventress and her zombies. Similar to how he over powered Koth with the help of his Magna Guards. Sure it wasn't fair, but in the grand scheme of things neither is war. And war is won and lost by the one that can put themselves in the most favorable situations and makes the best strategic desicions.

Grievous won both those fights because he put himself in the position to succeed. It's a win win for the good general.

Now if you're asking me from a purest stand point and basing it strictly on the duel at hand.. then yea, it's fair to say Ventress looked like the better duelist and Eath Koth held his own despite the disadvantage.

My vote considering both outcomes= Draw:cool:

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I thought Ventress was winning the duel in Massacre. Didn't do her much good.

14. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Oh, she was definitely winning the duel. But then, duels are for fools, and all's fair in love and war. The better warrior is the one who wins the war, not the duel.

15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Grievous has always been a dirty fighter though - hence shooting Nahdar Vebb in the gut.

He likes to put on a show and duel his opponent one-to-one, but if the duel looks to be going out of his favour, then he orders his droids to intervene.

DavidIX, Why_So_Serious and Seerow like this.
  16. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    All's fair in love and war. ;)

General Immodet and 07jonesj like this.
  17. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    All's fair in love and war. ;)

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Considering Grievous isn't Force-sensitive and consistently survives encounter after encounter with Jedi, I'm not surprised that he uses all tactics available to him. It's quite impressive that he survived a three-year war against an army of Jedi, really.

DavidIX and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Very impressive, that's why I like him so much, he's fearless and just takes on anyone no matter what the situation is. I can only imagine how powerful he'd be if he could use the force.

20. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    You know, I'm rather surprised that there hasn't been a Sith who thought "What if I had a body like this, but with the Dark Side?". Since such extensive and powerful cybernetic augmentation is clearly possible in the Star Wars universe, you'd think more powerful villains would be eager to shed their squishy meats for cold, powerful, efficient metal. It seems very Sith-like to sacrifice one's body and the comforts of the flesh to become a more powerful killing machine.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    You'd lose your midichlorians. :(

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Like Lord Said did on SWTOR? (Image below) It wasn't really Grievous level mechanics though, so yeah, I thought at least one Sith would want to exchange their normal body for a four armed mechanical killing machine body, I would really like to see that too.
    [​IMG]

23. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Jordan1Kenobi, you probably should respond to this:

But yeah, cybernetic Sith seems like it would be cool. Especially if one was unethical enough to, say, perform surgery on unwilling test subjects to find the "sweet spot" where one could replace meat with just enough cybernetics to improve oneself without significantly degrading Force ability. Sounds like a job for a Sith Lord.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He's a coward

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Just like most of the Jedi he fights.

26. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Perhaps. But I can't help but notice that most of his opponents aren't that interested in sticking around for a fight to the death when it becomes clear that they are losing either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.