main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ben and Seha realationship

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly though, Seha is developed not to be romance. She is designed to be a great Jedi. She has her own fears and such and she is interesting but I don't see her marrying Ben or even dating Ben much beyond a fling. That being said, Seha has had enough page time to be on the council in the future

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    What about Tahiri?
    Ben/Tahiri anyone?

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well if it is canon that Anakin Solo used the Force to move his ability over to Ben, it would bring about the prophecy Ikrit had about Anakin and Tahiri leading the Order someday.

I would be THRILLED if we finally saw Ben wrestle a wookiee. I am thinking that Ben needs to save Lowie or Waroo from something terrible and gets a life debt.

Irony of Ironies... Han's Best Friend, Chewbacca, has a son Waroo who becomes life indebted to Luke Skywalker's son.

I think that a wookiee would be an AWESOME friend for Ben. Also since Luke never used R2 it is time to pass it down.

Ben, Waroo, and R2 go on a mission... It would write itself. Well except for the dialogue. That might make it tough.
    Also I think C-3P0 needs to go to Jag.

jedimaster203 likes this.
  4. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Just to change it up a bit, what if Ben had a Noghri side kick?
    It's not as if Zahn copyrighted and trademarked those awesome aliens.
    They should still have a viable population even if their planet Honoghr can't be saved. If the Ithorians could move, so could they.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They did move- to Wayland.​

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Ben/Tahiri has already happened. Creepily.

7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    It did, see my signature
    Anyway, They need to flesh it out more. Develop their romance in a trilogy of books.

I just highjacked the thread.

We could have Ben/Riina Kwaad/Vestara Khai/Seha Dorvald love rhombus.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    And Mara forsaw Ben wrestling with a WOOKIEE... Even if it isn't Ben's sidekick character, he needs to wrestle that wookiee.

I honestly would love a cathar as his sidekick or a nautolan. Or a bothan
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would love a Valin/Syal pairing before a Ben/Seha.
    These are my reasons:
    • Syal Antilles was engaged when her fiancee died during LotF. Immediately following this event, she and Tycho join the Jedi resistance force. There is a throw away line of the Antilles and the Horn Families sitting together at a table
    • They grew up together on the Errant Venture during the Vong War. You are telling me that he didn't spoil his grandchildren and the Antilles (Booster was like a surrogate father to Wedge).
    • After Valin goes crazy it would be good to see Syal come to console him when the relationship could begin however I am betting it was already going on since LotF we just didn't know about it.
    • Valin's father (Corran) worked with Syal's mother (Iella) in CORSEC
    • Valin's mother (Mirax) grew up with Syal's father (Wedge) under Booster's supervision.

10. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    If you meant that Ben will have a harem plot (ech, ECH) then that's not how a rhombus works.

Now that's just crude.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Not like that. I mean like test of physical strength not an interspecies relationship. And why would Mara have a vision of that?

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Kyris,
    They need to break away from a sheltered exclusive clique.
    Let them bring in new bloods instead of I'll marry my best friend whose father is my mother's best friend.
    It's the same problem I see for the big three. Everyone marries everyone's cousins's cousin's best friend's cousin.
    See the weakness of big three thread.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Imagine what else Mara might have had a vision of...

Mara: "Luke, I just had a vision of the future!"
    Luke: "What is it? Is the future of the galaxy at stake again?! Are the Sith going to strike again?!"
    Mara: "Not really... I had a vision of our great-grandson having diarrhea after taking too many death sticks"
    Luke: "..."
    Mara: "Well it's better than that time I had that vision of our future grandson having sex with a Yuuzhan Vong..."

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I doubt Kiara will appear in any more books.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But then the Skywalker-Solo family which is now the Skywalker/Solo/Fel/Antilles family could be the Skywalker/Solo/Fel/Antilles/Horn.

I am all for new blood but I feel as though Allston and Stackpole intended these two to be together from the start. I agree that most people should marry new characters however these two are the exception.

I would also approve a Myri/Darklighter child marriage.
    Doran Tainer/Jysella Horn also OK

16. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    They should find a broad that can kick Ben's ass badly enough to make Luke Skywalker cringe.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am thinking a bounty hunter, perhaps with some mando training. Can paralyze Ben with a neck chop...

18. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Better make sure Karen Traviss doesn't get near it, that neck chop could kill him.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think we have no worries there, she seems still P.O.'d over the TCW messing with her beloved Mandalore.
    Even though they basically put it back to the way it was, give it another season and that beautiful city will be in ruins and everyone will be in armor.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Ben Skywalker can always have a bastard child... ;)

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Then they might not be a Skywalker. Not quite sure how Cade got to be an offici

22. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Yeah, eventually they'll be marrying their own cousins if this keeps going on the way it does. It also takes away attention that could be paid developing more true outsiders, since the circle of these is vanishingly pretty small.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I mean if we keep getting characters like Seha Dorvald and Avinoam Arelis, I think we will be fine, unless Seha is actually secret love child of Kyp Durron and someone...

24. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Vestara is not a repeat of Mara. Mara under Palpatine did not understand the force as light vs. dark, it was just a tool to do her job as the Hand. Mara did not grow up with a jedi vs. sith perspective. Vestara did grow up in a sith culture knowing the jedi vs. sith history and the difference between light and dark. That ideology was pounded into her since birth. That would make her eventual redemption an even greater feat.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  25. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Female character who wishes to kill the male character, has a somewhat antagonistic relationship with him, but at the same time a connection with him. Both are attracted to each other and find themselves thrown together and having to depend on each other, but not sure how well they can really trust each other, while still constantly being drawn together. Now, what two characters am I talking about?

To be blunt, no Vestara isn't a carbon copy of Mara Jade, that doesn't change the fact that the relationship between Ben/Vestara was extremely similar to that between Luke/Mara.

On that note, i'd love to see the writers really put some work into Ben's character with his own novel or YJK series, and during it show the damage that his relationship to Vestara and her betrayal has caused in him. Really allow him to learn and grow from it, and then meet someone completely new. He's not even 20 yet, there's no reason he can't meet and have relationships with more women before he settles down.

windu4 and Kyris Cavisek like this.